• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
my 9 inch dick

whitney_receipts.gif

FloatOn

Wellness screening this morning. They attempted to take my blood three times and were unsuccessful :(

I'm not afraid of needles and I don't think they hurt but this whole experience was pretty annoying.

Halcyon

I've been chatting with my Allo assistant most of the morning.

I've decided that while allo seems useless as a messaging service, I want them to throw it into Google Now

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I am finally better after mild stomach flu / food poisoning. Regular dosage of juniper schnapps really did wonders once again.

Feel a bit weak though.

Vazra

My fever is gone but I feel tired as fuck. Im supposed to go hang with a friend later but not sure if I should cancel.

Vazra

I would take the time to rest. You have a big move coming up and you'll need the energy for that.
At least its just a 3 hour flight. At the same time this is the last time to hang out with my friend which is why I keep debating it. I got Thursday and Friday to rest afterall so we'll see how the day progresses and how I feel too I suppose.

*looking at girly clothing*

*has no idea what I'm doing*

My best friend said I could get stuff delivered to her and next time I visit I could try it out. You all may get pictures.

acoustic. uhm she likes stuff like Kevin Devine and uh...Zen Zebra!
Hm

...I cannot help. Sorry

I'm bad at buying stuff for my own family I dunno why I thought I'd be useful here >_>

*looking at girly clothing*

*has no idea what I'm doing*

My best friend said I could get stuff delivered to her and next time I visit I could try it out. You all may get pictures.

Hm

...I cannot help. Sorry

I'm bad at buying stuff for my own family I dunno why I thought I'd be useful here >_>

you made me look up Zen Zebra so you did help!

__
also looking up birthday presents for my little bro. much easier tho. he was pretty upfront about the Gravity Falls stuff he wanted.

you made me look up Zen Zebra so you did help!

__
also looking up birthday presents for my little bro. much easier tho. he was pretty upfront about the Gravity Falls stuff he wanted.

Yay, I'm useful! :D

And Gravity Falls is rad I need to catch up on it

You're dead to me.

Ok, in a vacuum they're fine. However the obsession over them (not from you specifically but in general) has become really tiring, people won't shut up about them despite them just being somewhat decent YA fiction. Which is then made worse by JK Rowling and her politics where she compares real life issues to this fucking series for children she made up, and even then the politics in the series aren't particularly great. This article by Sam Kriss sums my feelings up better than I ever could:

Harry Potter is a profoundly reactionary fable; its fantasy isn’t really about dragons and broomsticks but the tired old fantasy of the British class system. Harry Potter is the petit-bourgeois boy who goes to a magical Eton (one that, incidentally, runs on actual slave-labour), faces a few tribulations along his way, but eventually finds himself admitted to the ranks of the aristocracy. The central moral dilemma is one of inequality – what do you do when you have one class of people who, by dint of their extraordinary powers, are innately superior to the society surrounding them? (This goes some way to explaining its popularity: Harry Potter is a book for people who are very pleased with themselves because they love books and love to read, without any judgements on what’s being read; it was never for children and always for the bored 29-year-old human resources workers they would grow into. To read Harry Potter uncritically is to adopt the posture of a Hufflepuff.) The crude, cartoon fascism of Voldemort and the Death Eaters answers that they must rule, killing and enslaving the lesser races. The good characters, meanwhile, want the wizarding world to coil up into its own superiority and seethe in its own ressentiment; every adult is seemingly employed by a government bureaucracy whose sole purpose is to maintain a system of magical apartheid.

FloatOn

So the operations manager asked a bunch of us to a meeting to discuss tracking our day. He basically wants to know hour by hour what we are doing for the next two weeks. Essentially getting us to justify our job.

Have any of you had to do something like this? I've got a bad feeling about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom