• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
spoilers.com

(don't click, I don't know what it is)

the movie was a nearly incomprehensible mess, especially in the first half, but it was fun trying to deconstruct and reconstruct, mentally, what the original film must have been before the studio tried to edit into something else. I liked Harley well enough. Joker was really bad and didn't seem to have any reason to be in the movie
It's really not spoilers, just a warning 😭😭

Jobbs

Banned
that "delayed game is eventually good" quote is such bullshit

Matt, finish your game already ;)

We should point out the distinctions. A repeatedly delayed studio game is probably going to be troubled because of all of the reworking, changing of hands, etc. At some point the vision is lost.

My game is taking forever because I'm a solo developer, but the vision was not lost (at least, I hope not).

And to the question -- Didn't Inside take 6 years to make? It's a really short and simple game and somehow took 6 years -- That said, it's a good game and reviewed very well.

We should point out the distinctions. A repeatedly delayed studio game is probably going to be troubled because of all of the reworking, changing of hands, etc. At some point the vision is lost.

My game is taking forever because I'm a solo developer, but the vision was not lost (at least, I hope not).

And to the question -- Didn't Inside take 6 years to make? It's a really short and simple game and somehow took 6 years -- That said, it's a good game and reviewed very well.

I wasn't following Inside but I don't remember hearing of it getting delayed.

Delay means there's a problem. Sometimes the problem is as simple as "we didn't realize how long this would take", but usually the problem is "the game isn't what we wanted it to be" and that second category is not necessarily going to be fixed with more time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wasn't STALKER delayed a ton of times due to dev hell?

The Last Guardian looks awesome to me, despite its development issues. Loving everything I've seen of it.

Edit: I really like what I've seen oh FFXV as well.

--

EC, when are you gonna open a restaurant? The food you make looks so damn good.

Misha

Banned
I really want to play sunless sea but the ui seems overcomplicated and some things just don't seem to work on a tablet. Ui is hard tho so I understand

Jobbs

Banned
I really want to play sunless sea but the ui seems overcomplicated and some things just don't seem to work on a tablet. Ui is hard tho so I understand

Did you ever play Darkest Dungeon? I had a lot of fun with it even though it could be pretty difficult/frustrating at times.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
that "delayed game is eventually good" quote is such bullshit

Matt, finish your game already ;)

The delayed game quote works only for Miyamoto, because he has a unified vision and can put in the time to ensure it is as good as possible and no one can say no to him. That doesn't work when work shifts studios, staff shifts, etc.

Misha

Banned
Did you ever play Darkest Dungeon? I had a lot of fun with it even though it could be pretty difficult/frustrating at times.

No too combat focused for my interests.

Half the reason I want to play sunless sea is it seems like it would be similar to the game I'm making. Mines scifi tho

Jobbs

Banned
The delayed game quote works only for Miyamoto, because he has a unified vision and can put in the time to ensure it is as good as possible and no one can say no to him. That doesn't work when work shifts studios, staff shifts, etc.

Miyamoto needs to be put out to pasture already

No too combat focused for my interests.

Half the reason I want to play sunless sea is it seems like it would be similar to the game I'm making. Mines scifi tho

I got Rimworld for my brother and he seems to be playing it a lot and enjoying it

Misha

Banned
I got Rimworld for my brother and he seems to be playing it a lot and enjoying it

Personally I'm really not into that style of game. Probably could be done in a way that I would enjoy but seems to be micromanagement heavy.

I'm quite picky :p

FloatOn

Secured my bad religion ticket

14424677_10154114569658515_9090561023089254276_o.jpg

FUME5

Sunless Sea is great, they've added text scaling too.

Hal, you hacked that internet yet?

Josh, what the fuck were you on?

EDIT

Rimworld is great as well, so many little stories to write in your head.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Catherine is a WEIRD game. Surprisingly I am not bad at the puzzles on Normal. Two silvers and a bronze. I'm lazy though so off to easy mode I go

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Regina Spektor is so beautiful ;_;

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just finished installing it. Will play later tonight. Also got No no Kuni in the sale. Can't wait to get around to that.
NNK is a beautiful, charming mess. I hated the battle system in that game.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Miyamoto needs to be put out to pasture already

Miyahon's body of work allows him to do whatever he wants for all of time. And let's not forget the last, ACTUAL Miyamoto game-written, produced etc was the sublime Mario Galaxy 2.

the movie was a nearly incomprehensible mess, especially in the first half, but it was fun trying to deconstruct and reconstruct, mentally, what the original film must have been before the studio tried to edit into something else. I liked Harley well enough. Joker was really bad and didn't seem to have any reason to be in the movie

I think one thing GAF has taught me is that I'm not too critical of things a lot. Or my standards are low. Maybe both.

Jobbs

Banned
Miyahon's body of work allows him to do whatever he wants for all of time. And let's not forget the last, ACTUAL Miyamoto game-written, produced etc was the sublime Mario Galaxy 2.

I acknowledge his contributions to video games, especially in the old days, but I think the dinosaurs at Nintendo are really holding things back. They have some young guns there who were largely responsible for Splatoon and from what I understand had a huge influence on Breath of The Wild being so fresh and different. Let those guys take over.

I think one thing GAF has taught me is that I'm not too critical of things a lot. Or my standards are low. Maybe both.

Nothing wrong with liking stuff you're not "supposed" to like. Just enjoy whatever you enjoy. I like all kinds of dumb shit. I enjoyed BvS rather a lot. :D

oh my god, I am so fucking over people from high school who get pissed you have not spoken to them for a few years.

I don't know, maybe I'm a shitty friend.

I don't know what that means however more kissing has happened since

She's currently sorting out the bed so sleeping can happen. And possibly "sleeping".

I'm happy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom