• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
I would live in a cyberpunk hovel if I had the choice. Should have seen my room when I was a teenager. Tube lights, bubble tubes, neon colors everywhere. I am all about that life.
I'm working out mason jar hydroponics for decoration
(So futuristic but not cyber obv)

but the exciting fights are what make me like martial arts in the first place. and with something like Raid the stuff they did is simply impressive. they all actually can fight and it shows, shit is real. I find action blockbusters with endless explosions much harder to believe.
Dredd is essentially The Raid but without the excellent fight choreography so to me there was not much to it in comparison.

I can understand a preference for martial arts fights, but gunfights and explosions being harder to believe? I think action movies of both types are implicitly silly and over the top, even the more grounded ones.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
So...they can't all actually "fight". They are stuntman trained in visually impressive but ineffective martial arts.

Pau

Its obviously a grunge thing

I love multiple layers. Sometimes I get it up to 5 including coats
I don't know how you do it. I feel so constricted and sweaty even wearing a shirt with sleeves. It's not so bad once fall and winter come around though.

Misha

Banned
Got exactly 100 in bowling
I don't know how you do it. I feel so constricted and sweaty even wearing a shirt with sleeves. It's not so bad once fall and winter come around though.
I used to wear a winter coat +2 lower layers in a car in 90 degree weather without air conditioning in stop and go traffic. Never sweated. No idea why. Used to sweat like crazy in my late teens but when I hit 20 it completely stopped

FUME5

Look at this double denim motherfucker

198035_1009177390334_791_n.jpg

No man trains round here.

FUME5

Looking good Fumesy.

2007 bro and I was broke as fuck.

I slapped 9 butts at the pub that day and made 7 new friends.

Surprisingly, that wasn't the day the Womyns group had an issue with me, that was the time we were rating girls that walked past the pub - before you get pissed off we had three pieces of paper with 8, 9 and 10 written on them. When they confronted us, my friend who had been teaching them self defense stuff for free because she was a big badass, told her "Dan treats everyone equally and he was just putting a smile on their faces", man I miss uni..don't miss being broke though.

Fucking Canadian tuxedos.

Bogan funeral attire.

Smack my ass FUME

Smack it yourself, lazy bastard.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Being broke is character building though. You look pretty fly in that picture even without that girl's ass.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I went out drinking last night and spent $15.

And found $1.50 on the ground.

'Cause i'm poor.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Townsville is a real place in Australia just like Yorkeys Knob, Mt Buggery, and Woolloomooloo.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nabbed tickets to see Lisa Gerrard mid October. Bonza.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My new TV is dope as hell.

Also, October. T-minus 26 days until my birthday. Also the best weather/atmosphere of the year.

We went and saw Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children tonight. It was pretty fun.

One of the monsters looks a lot like Slenderman so I went online to find when the book was written. Then I saw the book cover and thought it looked really familiar. Turns out I got it as a Christmas gift a few years ago and never cracked it open.

My girlfriend's pretty excited though because she loves reading real books. I just stick to audiobooks these days sadly

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Is it true that Eva Green doesn't even show her breasts in the movie?

If so pass.

Jobbs

Banned
We watched a few episode of Luke Cage. It's very very well made with a colorful cast of interesting characters -- Which sort of leads to my core criticism of the show: Its titular character is, comparatively, a dull dud. He's guy with way too much power (he's basically invincible and with near limitless strength) whose integrity and moral character is infallible and every single woman who shares a scene with him instantly falls in love with him. That's not compelling to me.

The tone of these Marvel properties is disparate almost to the point of absurdity. My mind can't even accept that this show takes place in the same universe as the Avengers movies, and when they drop the occasional reference to those it instantly rips me out of the show. This is a show with actual pacing and presents its story in a more adult fashion and those movies are dumb schlock for general audiences. It's weird. I don't even know why they feel the need to point out that these are the same universe. They shouldn't be.

My girlfriend's pretty excited though because she loves reading real books. I just stick to audiobooks these days sadly

Cool. :)

I can't do real books anymore. For some reason my mind just picks up and leaves over and over each page.

Is it true that Eva Green doesn't even show her breasts in the movie?

If so pass.

Yeah that's true but there's a scene where Ella Purnell is wearing little more than a sopping wet white shirt so you can still get your perve on.

Cool. :)

I can't do real books anymore. For some reason my mind just picks up and leaves over and over each page.

I 100% relate to that. It's kind of sad. I grew up reading all the time so I miss it, but I just can't get back into it when I try.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's true but there's a scene where Ella Purnell is wearing little more than a sopping wet white shirt so you can still get your perve on.

One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.

-Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Jobbs

Banned
I don't go to the movies to get my perv on. I actually get a little uncomfortable at the theater when there's a particularly explicit sex scene. Watching people nude and bangin' with a bunch of strangers.

It's not as bad as watching an explicit sex scene with my mom (which I did a while ago..) but it's still not my favorite.

I don't go to the movies to get my perv on. I actually get a little uncomfortable at the theater when there's a particularly explicit sex scene. Watching people nude and bangin' with a bunch of strangers.

It's not as bad as watching an explicit sex scene with my mom (which I did a while ago..) but it's still not my favorite.

I went to go see weird looking monsters and gothic set dressing. Watching a sixteen year old boy kiss a twenty year old girl was just a bonus.

im seriously losing my mind what the fuck

In what way? How can we help?

Jobbs

Banned
Jobbs how cute is your mom 1-10 scale.

I've never viewed my mother or any of my elders as cute, so I can't tell you.

Beyond that, (and this doesn't apply to my mother since she's not elderly yet) I don't and can't view older people as being cute like a lot of people seem to. There's nothing cute about the sad reality of rotting away, losing your vitality, and losing your mental acuity. It's a path most of us must take (not me) and it's unfortunate.

I went to go see weird looking monsters and gothic set dressing. Watching a sixteen year old boy kiss a twenty year old girl was just a bonus.

Excellent reasons to go see a movie :D

Bloodborne is one of the best games of all time for those reasons

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I've never viewed my mother or any of my elders as cute, so I can't tell you.

Beyond that, (and this doesn't apply to my mother since she's not elderly yet) I don't and can't view older people as being cute like a lot of people seem to. There's nothing cute about the sad reality of rotting away, losing your vitality, and losing your mental acuity. It's a path most of us must take (not me) and it's unfortunate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5EV0yNtDOw

Live forever or die trying. Maybe you'll get lucky and lillith will invite you into the kingdom of eternal night. You'll have to give up veganism though.

I just bought an Alice costume (from Madness Returns) so that I stand out from all the Harley Quinn costumes this Halloween. Anyone else have plans yet?

41QSKVNF0dL._SR38_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom