• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluvian

Banned
It seems to me 15 pounds in a day would be some high level shit. It would require probably a great deal of sweating and probably (correct me if I'm wrong) these fighters are shitting their insides out too

In any case I recommend recording your weight every day and recording everything you eat (I know no one asked me for my advice, but that's a pretty fundamental thing IMO for consistent results)

cardio is nice and weight training is even better but it won't mean much if you aren't maintaining discipline on the other part

15 pounds is easy, you can just sweat it out. I remember one time I did 10 kilograms (22 pounds) in two days.

FloatOn

hmm

looking at my degree audit after the fall semester I will have:

1 gen ed requirement left
16 major credit hours left
18 minor credit hours left
25 elective credit hours left

it's coming along

Timu

So it looks like Ghostbusters is a flop.

Well, the movie deserved it for being mediocre and the whole "you're a sexist, misogynist if you don't like the movie" crap, plus awful marketing.

Fluvian

Banned
I just got anxious because of fucking groceries. Jesus Christ, I hit rock bottom.

Couldn't decide wether to get regular meatballs or meatballs with garlic? we've all been there my friend, that is no east decision. But seriously what about grocery shopping gave you anxiety?

Fluvian

Banned

Well, the movie deserved it for being mediocre and the whole "you're a sexist, misogynist if you don't like the movie" crap, plus awful marketing.

If it wasn't called ghostbusters it would have just been another forgettable Paul Feig movie.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

But the backlash WAS sexism and misogyny.

Anxious because of grocery shopping? I love buying food! It makes me so excited for all the things I'll get to cook and eat.

Yeah, I noticed I'm missing as well!!!

New thread already? :|
I didn't see my avatar in the opening pic... :'(

Tbh I just scrolled through the last few pages of the previous thread until all the conceivable spots in the montage were filled up. I'm sorry that left some of you out :(

Pretty much this. I had a lot of fun with the movie, but a bunch of "I don't find women funny" people didn't. It's no coincidence. People are allowed to not like a movie or particular comedian, but not allowing yourself to find women funny is completely sexist.

marrec

Banned

Compounded by the awful first trailer.

It just so happens that the new movie couldn't compete with a bunch of peoples nostalgia for an old movie, even though the new movie was by no means a bad one.

Timu

If it wasn't called ghostbusters it would have just been another forgettable Paul Feig movie.
Yeah I wonder about his movies, guess that's just how it is.

Oh damn, my bad, lol.

Tbh I just scrolled through the last few pages of the previous thread until all the conceivable spots in the montage were filled up. I'm sorry that left some of you out :(
It's ok, there's always next time!!!

Xiao Hu

I don't lnow exactly why but it was a sequence of thoughts that got me hard. I thought about all the stuff there that I haven't eaten in a whole year, and then I thought about a certain person that would like it, and then I got really depressed.

FloatOn

Anxious because of grocery shopping? I love buying food! It makes me so excited for all the things I'll get to cook and eat.

I think I have a phobia of it as well. back when I was married I did the grocery shopping and cooking so now that I'm single it reminds of those days :/

I'm slowly getting over it - I bought a bunch of snacks yesterday!

marrec

Banned
Buying food for my week is one of the most relaxing parts of my week.

Something I love about grocery shopping, especially if it's in an outdoor market style grocer.

Misha

Banned
I don't lnow exactly why but it was a sequence of thoughts that got me hard. I thought about all the stuff there that I haven't eaten in a whole year, and then I thought about a certain person that would like it, and then I got really depressed.
The lighting and tight aisles in grocery stores I find tend to exacerbate anxiety and depression.

Fluvian

Banned

This is why I go with a list
Chicken breast
Steak
Spinach
If i go off list I'll start thinking about specific memories with specific foods and then I'll break my diet and start binging.

Oh, sorry about that. :(

I think I have a phobia of it as well. back when I was married I did the grocery shopping and cooking so now that I'm single it reminds of those days :/

I'm slowly getting over it - I bought a bunch of snacks yesterday!

Does that happen with other mundane things too? Cause unless you didn't start grocery shopping until you got married that seems weird to me. (I'm not trying to downplay your experience, just understand it!)

Fluvian

Banned
This is why I go with a list
Chicken breast
Steak
Spinach
If i go off list I'll start thinking about specific memories with specific foods and then I'll break my diet and start binging.

The food that always starts the spiral is spaghetti and meatballs...Always seriously I can't eat it without starting a binge.

Fluvian

Banned
Oh, sorry about that. :(

Does that happen with other mundane things too? Cause unless you didn't start grocery shopping until you got married that seems weird to me. (I'm not trying to downplay your experience, just understand it!)

My uncle Keith won't read any books he read while he was married or watch any movies he saw with his ex wife. He can't explain it, it's just too much of a distraction for him.

FloatOn

oh for sure. like back when we first split even walking into my house caused lowkey depression. because I was reminded that the reason I bought the house was so that I could start a family with her.

basically the only reason why I keep roommates now is to make memories of people in the house that isn't her.

it's weird the associations you build over time.

marrec

Banned
oh for sure. like back when we first split even walking into my house caused lowkey depression. because I was reminded that the reason I bought the house was so that I could start a family with her.

basically the only reason why I keep roommates now is to make memories of people in the house that isn't her.

it's weird the associations you build over time.

Ditto, lots of weird shit cause me to pause and my mood to be affected for a short time.

And I'm still get on great with my ex, can't imagine what it'd be like to split with animosity and unrequited feelings of anger or regret.

Xiao Hu

It's ok now. Just funny how mundane things seem to remind you of your deepest desires. God, being single and alone sucks
ass in a bad way

The grocery chains I usually like to shop at (REWE) have really nice ambiente. I also used to work for them but a lot has changed there. What I find unfair though is how expensive vegan and vegeterian products still are. Meat products are dirt cheap but vegeterian alternatives still cost you 20-30% more on average despite being cheaper to produce.

Fluvian

Banned
It's ok now. Just funny how mundane things seem to remind you of your deepest desires. God, being single and alone sucks
ass in a bad way

The grocery chains I usually like to shop at (REWE) have really nice ambiente. I also used to work for them but a lot has changed there. What I find unfair though is how expensive vegan and vegeterian products still are. Meat products are dirt cheap but vegeterian alternatives still cost you 20-30% more on average despite being cheaper to produce.

Simple solution, only eat meat.....aren't the veggies and fruits by themselves cheap where you are? they are in my town.

FloatOn

Ditto, lots of weird shit cause me to pause and my mood to be affected for a short time.

And I'm still get on great with my ex, can't imagine what it'd be like to split with animosity and unrequited feelings of anger or regret.

my situation is a bit nuts

a month before the divorce was final she moved to texas to live with this guy

I went to court by myself

a month after everything was finalized I heard that she was now married to this guy :/

AND - during the separation there was like minimal contact so I was barely given a reason or an explanation as to why all of it was happening. I basically came home from school one night and she was packing a bag and all she told me was that she wasn't happy anymore.

so you can kind of imagine why I'm still a bit of a mess

marrec

Banned
my situation is a bit nuts

a month before the divorce was final she moved to texas to live with this guy

I went to court by myself

a month after everything was finalized I heard that she was now married to this guy :/

AND - during the separation there was like minimal contact so I was barely given a reason or an explanation as to why all of it was happening. I basically came home from school one night and she was packing a bag and all she told me was that she wasn't happy anymore.

so you can kind of imagine why I'm still a bit of a mess

You guys were together for quite some time right? If I remember correctly.

I was with my ex for 8 years and we broke it off amicably without any kind of drama, and now we co-parent our 9 y/o. I have zero feelings of longing for her specifically, but even with the amicable break up I still have weird hangups about specific things. I wouldn't be able to be in your situation without being a complete wreck tbh, especially with your medical situation. :-/

FloatOn

You guys were together for quite some time right? If I remember correctly.

I was with my ex for 8 years and we broke it off amicably without any kind of drama, and now we co-parent our 9 y/o. I have zero feelings of longing for her specifically, but even with the amicable break up I still have weird hangups about specific things. I wouldn't be able to be in your situation without being a complete wreck tbh, especially with your medical situation. :-/

yeah we were always good friends. I met her in kindergarten. married seven years.

I honestly tried everything I could to work things out but she wasn't having any of it. never really got any confirmation on anything or whether she was cheating or not. but that is the explanation that makes the most sense :(

there was no big confrontation but it just kind of fizzled out. I got tired of trying to fix things.

looking back I was only really happy the first few years and I think we both got complacent.

It was extremely difficult but rebuilding my life has honestly been one of the most rewarding things I've ever done even with the medical issues. I'm actually glad we didn't have kids because I'm not sure how well I'd do seeing her on a semi-regular basis.

It's really great that things ended amicably with your ex and that you both are still able to be there for your kid.

FloatOn

Breaking up sounds terrifying.

it sucks but you move on or at least try to.

I'm putting all of my energy into my career, education and not being a cynical asshole. so maybe by the time I graduate I'll be ready to date again.

Fluvian

Banned
Breaking up sounds terrifying.

It is the first couple times, then you become numb to it and you see it coming from a mile away. You start to think "okay when are they gonna drop the bomb on me" I would get really paranoid about it and one time I broke off a relationship thinking she was going to break up with me when she was actually going to ask me to move in with her, easily the biggest regret of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom