• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's worse, telling your employer that you're having issues performing due to a medical condition or potentially having them not notice but if they did they'd assume it's due to incompetence?

The first option is the better.
At least in most European countries the employer has to know about certain disabillities or medicial conditions, because the employer is obliged by law to support his employee.

::screams::

BATTLE ROYAL!!!!

ahahahah

giphy.gif

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
What's worse, telling your employer that you're having issues performing due to a medical condition or potentially having them not notice but if they did they'd assume it's due to incompetence?

The first, if you want any legal protection you MUST inform them. As long as it is a medical condition.
law prohibits discrimination based on disability or medical condition. An employer may not terminate an employee or discriminate against the employee based on the employee’s disability or medical condition. If a disabled employee is unable to perform his or her old duties, the employer must engage in a timely, good faith interactive process to determine if reasonable accommodation can be made for the employee. The employer must start the interactive process if the employee’s disability becomes known or obvious.
The type of reasonable accommodation to be provided will depend on the employee’s specific restrictions and the employer’s circumstances. Reasonable accommodation may include offering part-time or modified work schedules to the employee to accommodate the employee’s disability.

Elective medical conditions however are NOT covered. EG, recovery from plastic surgery, gender reassignment etc

Misha

Banned
The first option is the better.
At least in most European countries the employer has to know about certain disabillities or medicial conditions, because the employer is obliged by law to support his employee.
Europe has good laws sometimes
The first, if you want any legal protection you MUST inform them. As long as it is a medical condition.

Elective medical conditions however are NOT covered. EG, recovery from plastic surgery, gender reassignment etc
So if you don't exactly know the issue but know you're having physical and mental difficulties I'm assuming you're SOL.

Also gender reassignment isn't elective but that's an issue with our system

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Europe has good laws sometimes

So if you don't exactly know the issue but know you're having physical and mental difficulties I'm assuming you're SOL.

Also gender reassignment isn't elective but that's an issue with our system

The surgery is. Like you are covered for hormones, and complications thereof, but not for the surgery legally.

But yes, you need to be officially diagnosed with something. It's for employer's protection against maligerers.

Misha

Banned
The surgery is. Like you are covered for hormones, and complications thereof, but not for the surgery legally.

But yes, you need to be officially diagnosed with something. It's for employer's protection against maligerers.
That's not nearly as bad. Still disagree with it of course

Yeah I can't think of a way around that. That's definitely something that would be taken advantage of.

But of course I was more talking hypothetical. In my case that made me wonder that, I just feel bad that I haven't been able to give it my best while I've been working and wish I could apologize but that's a really bad idea that I wouldn't do

Fluvian

Banned

Apparently she's agreed to settle for 8 million if he admits to the supposed abuse, the lawyer in me is screaming for him to take that deal, 8 million in LA is a fucking steal especially when LA law says you have to split whatever money is earned during the marriage, now lets see they were married for one year and in that year I know he got paid 40 million for Black Mass (I know right) and I think she probably hung around for that sweet Pirates pay check which is god knows what, if she went through a standard divorce in LA she's be entitled to way more than 8 mill.
You have to think if she's willing to put a deal like that forward what could she gain from Depp admitting to it?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Man, I just made dinner and my daughter will not touch it, lol
What's on the lower part of the plate? It looks like fried eggs with bell peppers (I love few things more than a plate of rice with a fried egg and some good tomato sauce, as simple as it is), but I can't tell from my tablet. If rice is the issue, try this recipe. Word of advice, though: you may find yourself eating entire bowls of plain white rice.

I feel personally offended by Paul Feig.

at least my favorite classic of all times will be save because nobody cares about that <3
1118full-barefoot-in-the-park-poster.jpg
Robert Redford is still a handsome devil at his old age, on top of a real gentleman. Role model.

Fluvian

Banned
What's on the lower part of the plate? It looks like fried eggs with bell peppers (I love few things more than a plate of rice with a fried egg and some good tomato sauce, as simple as it is), but I can't tell from my tablet. If rice is the issue, try this recipe. Word of advice, though: you may find yourself eating entire bowls of plain white rice.

Robert Redford is still a handsome devil at his old age, on top of a real gentleman. Role model.
I watched the fucking boat movie he was in the other day, it might easily be the most frustrating movie I've ever seen, at one point he submerges the hole in the bottom of his boat in the water and the movie plays it off like it was the smart thing to do, that would make the boat sink faster god damn it!
How to describe all is lost, imagine the Martian but the main character is an asshole who breaks down and cries every time something goes wrong.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm guessing it's the pseudoscience of some herb shops.

Spices and herbs aren't preventative medicine.
Tumeric has no magical properties.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
never seen them around ;o just the powder version I guess.

why do you hate herb shops?
Strong dislike towards pseudoscience and quakery. Most of their business revolves around peddling "detox" garbage, herbal medicine that doesn't even contain traces of the requested ingredient and utter lack of control over powerful herbs and berries that may interact with some drugs in nasty ways.

But it's natural, I guess. Just like curare or hemlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom