• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My uncle lives just outside of San Fran and nobody there gives a fuck about anything. Even work environments are laid back. I love it

No leaf piles and haunted houses in winter.

I think you underestimate how much I love cold weather and wearing jackets :p

Halloween is easily the best individual holiday but the winter holiday season comes out on top because it's colder and longer and merrier and I love seeing my extended family :)

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Trump: Clinton's close ties to Putin deserve scrutiny

533215.gif

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
OF COURSE I'm Harley, I'm the one who is qualified to operate MK 153s :p

Also not wearing pants or shirt. just undies

FloatOn

Need to talk about it?

Sorry I fell asleep but like always here I am waking in the middle of the night. That's part of the problem. It is so rare for me to get a good nights sleep. Which makes everything seem way worse than what it actually is.

But, here is what I'm up against:

- my place of employment is going for a particular certification. In order to earn this certification everyone in leadership must be functioning optimally. This isn't the case because everyone in leadership including myself has had their time split in a thousand different ways helping with new business we've earned in Chicago. Of course no one can say this because it looks like you are making excuses. So imagine a group of 6 people from your corporate office barging into your office grilling you about records from the beginning of the year. That was today.

- then after that 8 hours of hell having to fight through rush hour traffic to get to the pharmacy and then having to wait to get the medicine you need for another hour.

- fight through traffic again to get home. Once you get home though you must walk and feed your dog because that is what responsible dog owners do.

- then basically get ignored by your roommates because you were a genius and decided to let your best friend have his gf live with you in your house.

- at this point you are so exhausted you are trying to determine if it's safe enough to drive to get food since you haven't had anything since 11:30am.

- decide to get a fast food burger because you are too tired to cook for yourself. Immediately regret that decision since it makes you sick to your stomach.

- then you get to go through the nightly process of hooking up to a machine that fills your abdomen with fluid and eventually drains that fluid plus whatever extra water weight you are carrying because your kidneys don't function properly. Which makes you thirsty and wake up in the middle of the night.

- then try your best not to dread that you have to do all of this over again the next day. With the added bonus of getting an "interview" from these 6 smug talking heads about your job functions tomorrow.

And then I have to somehow find time to prepare for my math final which is Thursday night and counts for 60% of my grade.

So yeah, not a huge fan of life right now.

Sorry I fell asleep but like always here I am waking in the middle of the night. That's part of the problem. It is so rare for me to get a good nights sleep. Which makes everything seem way worse than what it actually is.

But, here is what I'm up against:

- my place of employment is going for a particular certification. In order to earn this certification everyone in leadership must be functioning optimally. This isn't the case because everyone in leadership including myself has had their time split in a thousand different ways helping with new business we've earned in Chicago. Of course no one can say this because it looks like you are making excuses. So imagine a group of 6 people from your corporate office barging into your office grilling you about records from the beginning of the year. That was today.

- then after that 8 hours of hell having to fight through rush hour traffic to get to the pharmacy and then having to wait to get the medicine you need for another hour.

- fight through traffic again to get home. Once you get home though you must walk and feed your dog because that is what responsible dog owners do.

- then basically get ignored by your roommates because you were a genius and decided to let your best friend have his gf live with you in your house.

- at this point you are so exhausted you are trying to determine if it's safe enough to drive to get food since you haven't had anything since 11:30am.

- decide to get a fast food burger because you are too tired to cook for yourself. Immediately regret that decision since it makes you sick to your stomach.

- then you get to go through the nightly process of hooking up to a machine that fills your abdomen with fluid and eventually drains that fluid plus whatever extra water weight you are carrying because your kidneys don't function properly. Which makes you thirsty and wake up in the middle of the night.

- then try your best not to dread that you have to do all of this over again the next day. With the added bonus of getting an "interview" from these 6 smug talking heads about your job functions tomorrow.

And then I have to somehow find time to prepare for my math final which is Thursday night and counts for 60% of my grade.

I can't even fathom how that must make you feel. I'm sorry you have to go through all that. Thank you for being so trusting and open about it.

I wish I could say something but I don't have the words. :(

FloatOn

I can't even fathom how that must make you feel. I'm sorry you have to go through all that. Thank you for being so trusting and open about it.

I wish I could say something but I don't have the words. :(

No big deal. I feel a bit better for even communicating it.

I was considering calling my dad today to say all this but he would just give me advice that has good intentions but ultimately useless because he has no idea what working in a high stress office environment is like.

I could have also called up any number of my irl people but that would have been something I felt guilty about for taking time away from their spouses and children.

So basically all I have left is venting to a group of anonymous strangers. This is what my life has become.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This sounds fucking terrible. I'm sorry this is your life right now. I don't know what else to say other than it would be weird if you DIDN'T feel a bit down right now. I really hope things improve soon, for your sake. When are you done with school? That will surely lift a bit of stress off of your shoulders.

No big deal. I feel a bit better for even communicating it.

I was considering calling my dad today to say all this but he would just give me advice that has good intentions but ultimately useless because he has no idea what working in a high stress office environment is like.

I could have also called up any number of my irl people but that would have been something I felt guilty about for taking time away from their spouses and children.

So basically all I have left is venting to a group of anonymous strangers. This is what my life has become.

Yeah, having someone to talk to is invaluable. I'll gladly provide that ear for you here, but it would be better to also have someone at home you can talk to.

I would go insane if I didn't have people to talk to, and I don't even have real problems like that. Please don't feel guilty about taking people's time. If they're really your friends, then they'll make time for you and they'll be glad to do so.

FloatOn

This sounds fucking terrible. I'm sorry this is your life right now. I don't know what else to say other than it would be weird if you DIDN'T feel a bit down right now. I really hope things improve soon, for your sake. When are you done with school? That will surely lift a bit of stress off of your shoulders.

Assuming my education doesn't get interrupted by the transplant I will be done in the spring of 2018. So I'm just going to keep pushing until I graduate or all of this gets the best of me. I appreciate the sentiment.

Yeah, having someone to talk to is invaluable. I'll gladly provide that ear for you here, but it would be better to also have someone at home you can talk to.

I would go insane if I didn't have people to talk to, and I don't even have real problems like that. Please don't feel guilty about taking people's time. If they're really your friends, then they'll make time for you and they'll be glad to do so.

Thanks. It means more than you know.

Halcyon

I woke up thinking someone was breaking into the house because I was having a nightmare that my wifes quasi stalker was trying to steal our baby. It was the garbageman throwing shit into the truck at midnight right outside the window.

I find it weird that these things were happening concurrently.

jb1234

There's a real stigma towards people in chronic pain. I see it all the time, am treated like I'm a leper or contagious. Even when I'm spending more energy than I have to try and mask how uncomfortable I really am, for their sake. I just want understanding. I want acceptance. I want to be hugged and told that I'm loved, just as much as anyone else and I feel like my basic needs as a human being aren't being met by any stretch of the imagination.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
There's a real stigma towards people in chronic pain. I see it all the time, am treated like I'm a leper or contagious. Even when I'm spending more energy than I have to try and mask how uncomfortable I really am, for their sake. I just want understanding. I want acceptance. I want to be hugged and told that I'm loved, just as much as anyone else and I feel like my basic needs as a human being aren't being met by any stretch of the imagination.

You're a bane on society and should be removed from the gene pool

And you don't get any rights!
Nobody gets any rights today!

- The Candidate

People are real quick to judge and dehumanize, because it feels good to have someone beneath you that you can freely hate and harm without being called out on it. You will also find some actual psychopaths among conservatives ranks. One of them is currently running for president of the US.

IHaveIce

Banned
which one is your friend's?

yeah that's why it's on every Tinder profile ever ;P I'm starting to think it's just an excuse for some people to fuck around the world with no strings attached. new cultures my ass.
Or people just really love to see the world and it isn't always about fucking eventhough you think it is? :D your thirst is blinding you trab

Edit: brb putting travelling in my profile to enhance matches.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Despite my intense hatred towards avocados, I'm tempted to purchase OGLAF's latest shirt.

Sitting around nude is weird. I at least wear under wear. It separately us from the beasts.

You are not the boss of me.

I've been naked and afraid for most of the summer. Which I would have never considered before my complete emancipation, and may result one day in a very shocked delivery person as you tend to forget you are butt naked after a while.

Edit: Comic added for context.

Jobbs

Banned
I can't go down this road with you. Avocados are delicious and wonderful.

my girlfriend is on the new bed wearing batman panties. you guys are missing out

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I can't go down this road with you. Avocados are delicious and wonderful.

my girlfriend is on the new bed wearing batman panties. you guys are missing out

My girlfriend is getting dirty like an early 20th century railroad worker, designing new floorplans at a huge ass factory filled with grease, dust and leery old men.

So sexy.

I legit could not understand a lot of what they said.

Same. I swear it just sounded like Irish accented mumbling at points. lmao
It's weird how I can understand at least 90% of what they're saying, despite probably having just as little interaction with Irish people as you do. I guess maybe it's more common for Irish people to be on TV over here?

EDIT: My girlfriend is dancing around the void of my imagination :c

It's weird how I can understand at least 90% of what they're saying, despite probably having just as little interaction with Irish people as you do. I guess maybe it's more common for Irish people to be on TV over here?

I tried watching Sing Street the other night and it was a challenge. I eventually had to put subtitles on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom