• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Man, somebody must have pissed the computer fairy.

Ordering a new power supply ... Sigh

Fuck computers
Make sure to get a good one, specially if your working PC is also your gaming one.

Cheap PSUs are nothing but trouble.

Went to the doctor, but she was not in her office due to some urgent private matters, so I need to go back on Thursday. Knee is much better and I can even walk normally

You should make a script for adult movie and send it to Brazzers
Ok, that got a chuckle out of me.

Fluvian

Banned
One question I like to ask people to get an idea of how their headbrain works is for them to recommend me five movies/games/albums/songs whatever straight off the top of their head without over thinking it. No trying to make a list of your "top five movies" or some shit, even if the list does turn out that way, nor try to think what I want to hear or might like. Just give me the top five that instantly come to mind as obviously meaning something to you in some capacity. Proper love and resonance.

So imma asking you cunts the same thing; give me five movies that mean something to you, that immediately come to mind if someone said "give me five movies". Please.

(and if you feel like it feel free to do the same for albums / novels / games / doughnuts / whatever)

All of these movies uplifted me in a bad time in my life.

Brazil
What we do in the shadows
Spinal Tap
Children of Men
Amadeus

Games have helped me through a few rough times in my life

Grow Home
Overwatch
Witcher 3
Journey
Flower

Albums music is pretty much the same as games for me in the sense that they helped me during bad periods of my life.

And justice for all -Metallica
Only by the night -King of leon
Channel Orange -Frank Ocean
Brothers in arms -dire straits
To lose my life... - by white lies
I only had one album by an artist in that last list because otherwise four of them would be Metallica

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Children of Men
Donnie Darko
The Thing
Hot Fuzz
In Brugge

(Just the first 5, not top 5)

Man, Children of Men is so so so fucking incredible.

What does this tell you about me

I WANT YOUR ANALYSIS

Critical analysis:
frustrated sexual deviant

All of these movies uplifted me in a bad time in my life.

Brazil
What we do in the shadows
Spinal Tap
Children of Men
Amadeus

Games have helped me through a few rough times in my life

Grow Home
Overwatch
Witcher 3
Journey
Flower

Albums music is pretty much the same as games for me in the sense that they helped me during bad periods of my life.

And justice for all -Metallica
Only by the night -King of leon
Channel Orange -Frank Ocean
Brothers in arms -dire straits
To lose my life... - by white lies
I only had one album by an artist in that last list because otherwise four of them would be Metallica

Arousingly thorough.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I love building a new PC. I hate shopping PSUs. Even good ones will crap out on you without any clear reason and fuck you up at the worst possible moment. I've already have to deal with a couple of dodgy ones, although thank goodness none of them have blown up on me like it happened to an old girlfriend. We are talking about the Pentium III days. She bought a crappy, no name prebuilt computer from a big box retailer and one day the PSU literally went bang. There was a flash, some smoke and the metal chassis bent outwards as if a huge firecracker had exploded inside. I've been deathly afraid of cheap PSUs since then.

One question I like to ask people to get an idea of how their headbrain works is for them to recommend me five movies/games/albums/songs whatever straight off the top of their head without over thinking it. No trying to make a list of your "top five movies" or some shit, even if the list does turn out that way, nor try to think what I want to hear or might like. Just give me the top five that instantly come to mind as obviously meaning something to you in some capacity. Proper love and resonance.

So imma asking you cunts the same thing; give me five movies that mean something to you, that immediately come to mind if someone said "give me five movies". Please.

(and if you feel like it feel free to do the same for albums / novels / games / doughnuts / whatever)
Full Metal Jacket
Alien
Aliens
Altered States

Analyse me.

Jobbs

Banned
okay, I ordered an 850 watt power supply... in the mean time I'm disconnecting everything from this one that I can.. wondering if that'll minimize crashes

fuck all of you!

Mononoke
In the Mood for Love
Melancholia
Eraserhead
Mullholland Drive

really just the first 5 that popped up, no filter

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mononoke
In the Mood for Love
Melancholia
Eraserhead
Mullholland Drive

really just the first 5 that popped up, no filter

Critical analysis:
terrifyingly sane

Real talk though two of those, Melancholia and Mulholland Drive, are almost always in my own answer too.

Jobbs

Banned

movies (this one's tainted because I just saw mononoke on lea's list, but w/e, I most likely would have chosen it anyway because it's often cited as one of my favorite movies)

princess mononoke
kiki's delivery service
collateral
nightcrawler
the empire strikes back

games:

smash 4
the last of us
shadow of the colossus
xcom
bloodborne

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

The Prestige
The Thing
The Raid
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Children of Men

The Amulet of Samarkand
The Magicians
The Ham on Rye
The Final Empire
Y: The Last Man

EatChildren

movies (this one's tainted because I just saw mononoke on lea's list, but w/e, I most likely would have chosen it anyway because it's often cited as one of my favorite movies)

princess mononoke
kiki's delivery service
collateral
nightcrawler
the empire strikes back

games:

smash 4
the last of us
shadow of the colossus
xcom
bloodborne

Critical analysis:
intellectual sycophant with a pleasing musk

Nightcrawler is wonderful. Took me by surprise.

The Fountain
Big Fish
Interstellar
12 monkeys
High Fidelity

Critical analysis:
The Fountain is always on my list so I love you

I'm gonna list the first five GAF members that pop into my head:

Funky
Tiddums
Dragonz
Me
Jobbs

Bad list.

The Prestige
The Thing
The Raid
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Children of Men

The Amulet of Samarkand
The Magicians
The Ham on Rye
The Final Empire
Y: The Last Man

Critical analysis:
-----The------------

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
12 Angry Men
12 Monkeys
12 Years A Slave
21 Jump Street
22 Jump Street

Chuckie

My Neighbour Totoro
Fellowship of the Ring
Empire Strikes Back
Ex Machina
Gremlins

U2 - The Joshua Tree
Garbage - Version 2.0
Abba - Gold
Wu-Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
Metallica - Master of Puppets

Lord of the Rings
Storm of Swords
Dune
Hyperion
The Stand

Witcher 3
Mariokart 8
Journey
Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda Wind Waker

Fluvian

Banned
Arousingly thorough.[/QUOTE]

I screamed in my head when I noticed I didn't do novels, not thorough enough evidently.

Foundation -Isaac Asimov
Dune- Frank Herbert
V for vendetta- Alan Moore
The dark Tower 4 Wizard and Glass-Stephen King
The hitchikers guid to the galaxy-Douglas Adams

Fluvian

Banned
My Neighbour Totoro
Fellowship of the Ring
Empire Strikes Back
Ex Machina
Gremlins

U2 - The Joshua Tree
Garbage - Version 2.0
Abba - Gold
Wu-Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
Metallica - Master of Puppets

Lord of the Rings
Storm of Swords
Dune
Hyperion
The Stand

Witcher 3
Mariokart 8
Journey
Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda Wind Waker

Fuck i should have put Joshua Tree on mine, or the unforgettable Fire, both of those albums helped me overcome me drug addiction.

Chuckie

Fuck i should have put Joshua Tree on mine, or the unforgettable Fire, both of those albums helped me overcome me drug addiction.

Unforgettable Fire is awesome too. Good you overcame the addiction man!

If I said I was listening to MCR would you all think less of me?

I don''t know what MCR is, so no idea if I will think less of you.

I couldn't think any less of you if I tried.

Dayum lol.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
pennywise-ew-00054120.jpg
It looks like American McGee's Pennywise.

Not feeling it, tbh.

FloatOn

Pffft as if you can comment on my music taste you already think it's all garbo

nah, I liked when you talked about non-punk stuff.

and I'm sure we could even talk about punk things if you go back before say 2001

like if you wanted to talk about minor threat, dead kennedys, agnostic front, madball, good riddance, propagandhi, bad religion and things like that we could be the best of friends.

It looks like American McGee's It.

Not feeling it, tbh.

I'll reserve final judgment until I see a trailer. but I'm not impressed currently.

nah, I liked when you talked about non-punk stuff.

and I'm sure we could even talk about punk things if you go back before say 2001

like if you wanted to talk about minor threat, dead kennedys, agnostic front, madball, good riddance, propagandhi, bad religion and things like that we could be the best of friends
Aren't Agnostic Front massively homophobic? At least one of those old hardcore bands definitely was

Also limiting by age is dumb

not to my knowledge no.

and, it's less about limiting and more about growing up. tastes become more sophisticated with age.

I hate this argument

Stop implying my taste is unsophisticated and immature because your opinions have changed

also if you are going to say something is dumb you should probably provide reason as to why you think that.

Because the best hardcore band formed 2 years ago

Because Descendents came out with a great album this year

Because just because something is new doesn't mean it's automatically bad

Pau

One question I like to ask people to get an idea of how their headbrain works is for them to recommend me five movies/games/albums/songs whatever straight off the top of their head without over thinking it.
Spirited Away
The Fall
Pride and Prejudice
Becoming Jane
Lord of the Rings

The Dispossessed
The Last Unicorn
Small Gods
Frankenstein
Wild Swans

The Killers
Queen