• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
My girlfriend is getting dirty like an early 20th century railroad worker, designing new floorplans at a huge ass factory filled with grease, dust and leery old men.

So sexy.

that is kind of sexy actually

I'm not missing out

sure jan

and my computer just randomly conked. not even a blue screen. it just... everything went black. had to cold boot.

none of this ever happened before windows 10. I don't trust my computer anymore

Any good? My parents were interested in that

And sometimes I wish I had a strong accent like that so I could confuse Americans. I just have to settle with my boring generic southerner accent

You'd probably love it. I'm not big on 80's music and I personally have a hard time watching depressing movies about broken families, so it wasn't for me. My roommates liked it a lot though.

sure jan

and my computer just randomly conked. not even a blue screen. it just... everything went black. had to cold boot.

none of this ever happened before windows 10. I don't trust my computer anymore

I don't want to be too lascivious but that thing I told you I was slightly disappointed about... well I can't complain anymore ;)

Anyway, Windows 10 caused me problems too. I'm 90% sure. It does a lot more work in the background with RAM than OSes before as part of its initiative to be ever faster and snappier, but this can cause a problem on old or cheap hardware.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I haven't had any problems with Win 10. Other than sound issues at the very beginning, but that was solved by updating drivers.

Jobbs

Banned
You'd probably love it. I'm not big on 80's music and I personally have a hard time watching depressing movies about broken families, so it wasn't for me. My roommates liked it a lot though.

I don't want to be too lascivious but that thing I told you I was slightly disappointed about... well I can't complain anymore ;)

Anyway, Windows 10 caused me problems too. I'm 90% sure. It does a lot more work in the background with RAM than OSes before as part of its initiative to be ever faster and snappier, but this can cause a problem on old or cheap hardware.

Damn gurl. I do like lasciviousness, though :(

So my computer just crashed again and now I'm suspecting a hardware failure, which is really really maddening because I hate messing with this stuff.

Basically, the system just conks and the power switch on the computer won't do anything. After a while, hitting the power switch will cause the power light to come on for a split second then go back out. After a while longer it'll come on and stay on.

Through all of this, the various USB things keep their lights on, so I don't think it's a PSU failure.

I'm not sure where to start, I'd be liable to just trash everything if this isn't solved quickly.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One question I like to ask people to get an idea of how their headbrain works is for them to recommend me five movies/games/albums/songs whatever straight off the top of their head without over thinking it. No trying to make a list of your "top five movies" or some shit, even if the list does turn out that way, nor try to think what I want to hear or might like. Just give me the top five that instantly come to mind as obviously meaning something to you in some capacity. Proper love and resonance.

So imma asking you cunts the same thing; give me five movies that mean something to you, that immediately come to mind if someone said "give me five movies". Please.

(and if you feel like it feel free to do the same for albums / novels / games / doughnuts / whatever)

So imma asking you cunts the same thing; give me five movies that mean something to you, that immediately come to mind if someone said "give me five movies". Please.

(and if you feel like it feel free to do the same for albums / novels / games / doughnuts / whatever)

jurassic park
star wars
saving private ryan
the goonies
star trek
chinatown

Jobbs

Banned
the dreadful feeling of not trusting your computer and scrambling to make sure everything you may ever need is backed up and you know where to find it

Risgroo

The Empire Strikes Back
Hot Fuzz
The Last Crusade
In Bruges
The Fast and the Furious

One question I like to ask people to get an idea of how their headbrain works is for them to recommend me five movies/games/albums/songs whatever straight off the top of their head without over thinking it. No trying to make a list of your "top five movies" or some shit, even if the list does turn out that way, nor try to think what I want to hear or might like. Just give me the top five that instantly come to mind as obviously meaning something to you in some capacity. Proper love and resonance.

Catch Me if You Can
The Dark Knight
Stranger than Fiction
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

War of the Worlds
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Perelandra
Pride and Prejudice
Don Quixote

Crash Bandicoot 2
InFamous 1 & 2
Spyro the Dragon
Twilight Princess
Sudoku

Cherry filling
Maple bacon
Apple fritter
Salted caramel
Glazed

Damn gurl. I do like lasciviousness, though :(

So my computer just crashed again and now I'm suspecting a hardware failure, which is really really maddening because I hate messing with this stuff.

Basically, the system just conks and the power switch on the computer won't do anything. After a while, hitting the power switch will cause the power light to come on for a split second then go back out. After a while longer it'll come on and stay on.

Through all of this, the various USB things keep their lights on, so I don't think it's a PSU failure.

I'm not sure where to start, I'd be liable to just trash everything if this isn't solved quickly.

I don't know what to tell you. I can try and find a link to that RAM test I had going on. I'm not great at hardware though.

As for lasciviousness, let me paint you a picture
q6EGN35.png

as an aside, do you ever get carried away drawing way too many particle effect variations?

Jobbs

Banned
Ghost Song completely wiped. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is a virtual impossibility because there are hundreds of backups from every stage of development and they are saved on multiple hard drives and in addition to that every so often I'll back it up to my remote FTP server

for ghost song to be wiped, every hard disk in this house would need to be destroyed AND the hard disk(s) that contain it at my host company would also need to be destroyed

This is a virtual impossibility because there are hundreds of backups from every stage of development and they are saved on multiple hard drives and in addition to that every so often I'll back it up to my remote FTP server

for ghost song to be wiped, every hard disk in this house would need to be destroyed AND the hard disk(s) that contain it at my host company would also need to be destroyed

JOBBS ARE YOU NOT USING SOURCE CONTROL

Meh, it's a weird american Holiday, every time I've tried to celebrate it things have gone horribly wrong. It's just kinda shitty here in the UK, it's an opportunity for chavs to put on masks and act like dickheads.
Yep. But now I go to American and watch a shitload of amazing bands :D

Bruh, this has been in heavy rotation for the last week for me.

It's so addictive.

Stranger things (on Netflix) have happened.

Jobbs

Banned
As for lasciviousness, let me paint you a picture
q6EGN35.png

as an aside, do you ever get carried away drawing way too many particle effect variations?

oh damn. :O looks like quite the night was had

and to answer your question, yes, of course, I get entirely carried away with particle effects because it's so fun and it adds so much. it brings things to life and makes doing things or killing things or whatever more exciting.

I have so many ideas about how to do everything better from the ground up next time. it's gonna be great

JOBBS ARE YOU NOT USING SOURCE CONTROL

should I be? I thought this was mainly relevant for teams. it's easy enough for me to keep my shit backed up

should I be? I thought this was mainly relevant for teams. it's easy enough for me to keep my shit backed up
I would. What would you do if you messed something up and wanted to go back to how it was? Or removed something but later decided you needed it? Would you have to get the entire backup?

Source control is good.

I don't use source control either. I just dummy out or comment out stuff I might need in the future but don't want now, and I save weekly backups to an external harddrive and online storage.

oh damn. :O looks like quite the night was had

and to answer your question, yes, of course, I get entirely carried away with particle effects because it's so fun and it adds so much. it brings things to life and makes doing things or killing things or whatever more exciting.

I have so many ideas about how to do everything better from the ground up next time. it's gonna be great

Sometimes I get carried away and put several dozen or even a hundred particles for a single event, especially on something with leaves or feathers or similar. The power of modern computing is so tempting to waste like that even though traditionally devs have had to be quite scarce with the effects count.

These splashes are just eight or nine sprites each though. I'm not simulating every last drop.

Jobbs

Banned
always carried away

it's fun just experimenting and seeing what type of effects you can achieve by spawning things in a sequence/pattern/etc. Those green gas clouds for example took a lot of trial and error

and a lot of my individual enemy types have as many as a dozen different gib graphics assigned to them for when they die.. arms, legs, torsos, head, misc chunks

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
jurassic park
star wars
saving private ryan
the goonies
star trek
chinatown

The Empire Strikes Back
Hot Fuzz
The Last Crusade
In Bruges
The Fast and the Furious

Catch Me if You Can
The Dark Knight
Stranger than Fiction
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

War of the Worlds
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Perelandra
Pride and Prejudice
Don Quixote

Crash Bandicoot 2
InFamous 1 & 2
Spyro the Dragon
Twilight Princess
Sudoku

Cherry filling
Maple bacon
Apple fritter
Salted caramel
Glazed

Cheers amigos.

Clinical analysis:
you're all raging psychopaths

I don't use source control either. I just dummy out or comment out stuff I might need in the future but don't want now, and I save weekly backups to an external harddrive and online storage.
Oh noooooo D:

And for EC:
The Blues Brothers
Scott Pilgrim
Goodfellas
ESB
Grosse Point Blank

And for fun, games:
Banjo-Kazooie
Quadrilateral Cowboy
Half-Life 2
Super Mario 64
Sonic 1

And albums:
No Matter Where We Go...! by Latterman
Dude Trips by Bangers (what I'm listening to now)
Scrambles by Bomb the Music Industry
Home, Like Noplace Is There by The Hotelier
Polythene by Feeder

always carried away

it's fun just experimenting and seeing what type of effects you can achieve by spawning things in a sequence/pattern/etc. Those green gas clouds for example took a lot of trial and error

and a lot of my individual enemy types have as many as a dozen different gib graphics assigned to them for when they die.. arms, legs, torsos, head, misc chunks

Smoke and gas is tricky because I always want it to be on screen forever, but that can lead to tons of overdraw and fillrate issues if you don't pay attention. I don't like when smoke dissipates near instantly.

Am I noticing a rising haze in the background as well? I can't tell if that's an artifact of the filters you have on it and the webm conversion or just really subtle.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Went to the doctor, but she was not in her office due to some urgent private matters, so I need to go back on Thursday. Knee is much better and I can even walk normally

My girlfriend is getting dirty like an early 20th century railroad worker, designing new floorplans at a huge ass factory filled with grease, dust and leery old men.

So sexy.

You should make a script for adult movie and send it to Brazzers

Jobbs

Banned
Smoke and gas is tricky because I always want it to be on screen forever, but that can lead to tons of overdraw and fillrate issues if you don't pay attention. I don't like when smoke dissipates near instantly.

Am I noticing a rising haze in the background as well? I can't tell if that's an artifact of the filters you have on it and the webm conversion or just really subtle.

Yeah there's a smokey haze rising. It's a pretty cool trick to do smoke. I was about to show you and my PC died again

EatChildren

And for EC:
The Blues Brothers
Scott Pilgrim
Goodfellas
ESB
Grosse Point Blank

And for fun, games:
Banjo-Kazooie
Quadrilateral Cowboy
Half-Life 2
Super Mario 64
Sonic 1

And albums:
No Matter Where We Go...! by Latterman
Dude Trips by Bangers (what I'm listening to now)
Scrambles by Bomb the Music Industry
Home, Like Noplace Is There by The Hotelier
Polythene by Feeder

Thank you love you.

I legit find this stuff fascinating, as simple as it is. I do it to my clients who I have a good rapport with.

Children of Men
Donnie Darko
The Thing
Hot Fuzz
In Brugge

(Just the first 5, not top 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom