• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

Lol, WTF?

TIME: "Do you consider yourself a feminist?"

Shailene Woodley: "No because I love men, and I think the idea of ‘raise women to power, take the men away from the power’ is never going to work out because you need balance."

tumblr_mgdkf0Kjt01qf9jkto1_400.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
She's 22, I'm sure she'll figure it out sooner or later. Or maybe she's trying to say something else but can't get it out properly or something.

If anything, I'm willing to bet she has the same view of feminists like other people across the country: The image of the crazy bra-burning, man-hating screechers. So that might be it, too.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I am actually doing much better than anticipated! I think my brain has just turned off to everything related to love. My workmate reckons I've been hurt so many times I just don't give a shit anymore. Sounds about right actually.

What was your story? Is it in the dating thread?
I honestly can't remember, there's so many stories in the dating thread

Yeah it is, somewhere - don't ask me on what page tho. And great to hear you're doing fine!

Wazzy

Banned
"Are you a feminist?"

"No because I love men."

Lolololololol
Lol, WTF?

TIME: "Do you consider yourself a feminist?"

Shailene Woodley: "No because I love men, and I think the idea of ‘raise women to power, take the men away from the power’ is never going to work out because you need balance."

tumblr_mgdkf0Kjt01qf9jkto1_400.gif

Yeah it's extremely dumb what she said.

She's 22, I'm sure she'll figure it out sooner or later. Or maybe she's trying to say something else but can't get it out properly or something.

If anything, I'm willing to bet she has the same view of feminists like other people across the country: The image of the crazy bra-burning, man-hating screechers. So that might be it, too.

I'm almost 22 and I know better. I really don't think at this age it's a good excuse, especially when she's a public figure.

I'm not saying she can't change her views, she can and hopefully will but I'm not going to give her the benefit of the doubt at 22.

If she does think feminism is that then that's her fault for not doing any research on what feminism actually is.

On a slightly related note it felt kind of weird seeing the trailer for her new movie before divergent. Her brother in divergent is her boyfriend in that movie. Was kinda funny seeing that right beforehand.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm almost 22 and I know better. I really don't think at this age it's a good excuse, especially when she's a public figure.

I'm not saying she can't change her views, she can and hopefully will but I'm not going to give her the benefit of the doubt at 22.

If she does, then that's her fault for not doing any research on what feminism actually is.

First, I'm surrounded by old people.

Second, sure. You're right, but in her position when she's making the kinda dough we all wish we could make, is feminism really, really, in the forefront of her mind?

I know I'm (strangely) defending her comment, but I'm trying to give another perspective on it.

At the same time, it's nothing to get too worked up about. Especially when I'm tired.

NinjaBoiX

Also, I find the very idea of "coming out as a feminist" as such a vacuous, almost entirely redundant statement. It's akin to someone feeling the need to point out that they're against racism.

What do you want, a cookie?

Toa TAK

Banned
Also, I find the very idea of "coming out as a feminist" as such a vacuous, almost entirely redundant statement. It's akin to someone feeling the need to point out that they're against racism.

Shit, life would be so much easier if everyone just did the simple-ass "Do unto other as they would do unto you" golden rule.

There wouldn't be any need for all this about race, gender, or sexuality problems. Live and let live jeez.

In a perfect world and all...

Wazzy

Banned

Second, sure. You're right, but in her position when she's making the kinda dough we all wish we could make, is feminism really, really, in the forefront of her mind?

I know I'm (strangely) defending her comment, but I'm trying to give another perspective on it.

At the same time, it's nothing to get too worked up about. Especially when I'm tired.

Don't worry, I'm not offended you're arguing a different perspective, just take my tone as neutral. :p

It doesn't have to be something on the forefront of her mind in order for her to not incorrectly generalize feminism. It's a huge movement that anyone should know the basics about and her comments reek of ignorance. It's also a negative because all she had to say was "I'd rather not comment" if she wasn't informed on it.

When you're famous, you need to choose your words more carefully. I think her comments also show a huge problem with how many others view feminism.

Acid08

Banned

You'd think she may be able to use her fame and money to draw attention to the issues that feminism exists to fix. It would probably be in her best interest to care enough about those issues to support the cause. But she decides to use her elevated status to spread ignorance instead.

Yeah, if you're a decent person then you're a feminist.

If you reject feminism, then you're either very ignorant about what it actually is or an asshole. Either way, you're at fault.

Toa TAK

Banned
You'd think she may be able to use her fame and money to draw attention to the issues that feminism exists to fix. It would probably be in her best interest to care enough about those issues to support the cause. But she decides to use her elevated status to spread ignorance instead.

Could be worse, could be a less hot Jenny McCarthy.

Don't worry, I'm not offended you're arguing a different perspective, just take my tone as neutral. :p

It doesn't have to be something on the forefront of her mind in order for her to not incorrectly generalize feminism. It's a huge movement that anyone should know the basics about and her comments reek of ignorance. It's also a negative because all she had to say was "I'd rather not comment" if she wasn't informed on it.

When you're famous, you need to choose your words more carefully. I think her comments also show a huge problem with how many others view feminism.

It's cool, I just came out of my "Women in Art" class, where all semester I'm being reminded how crappy men have treated women and I somehow feel personally responsible. >_> Also, I pretty much assume everyone on the internet (and real life) is heated the moment something like feminism comes up. Bleh.

I'm sure Woodley will figure it out eventually, if not, no biggie. There are and will be, bigger stars who will find a way to put a proper image of feminism in people's heads. Or maybe they'll just tell people to use dat golden rule.

This whole situation, though, makes me glad I'm not famous. I'd run away from any interview or journalist not to sound like an idiot. That's what GAF is for.

And I'm headed to bed. Peece.

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, if you're a decent person then you're a feminist.

If you reject feminism, then you're either very ignorant about what it actually is or an asshole. Either way, you're at fault.
Exactly. It's like:

"I'm a feminist."

"Cool, but you do realise that's kind of the accepted logic nowadays? I don't think you're being quite the martyr you think you are here pet."

Wazzy

Banned
It's cool, I just came out of my "Women in Art" class, where all semester I'm being reminded how crappy men have treated women and I somehow feel personally responsible. >_> Also, I pretty much assume everyone on the internet (and real life) is heated the moment something like feminism comes up. Bleh.

Honestly, there's no reason to feel weird about that and I'm not sure why you do. For example, we acknowledge that white people are in a better position and have been unfair to minorities and is something that is still taking place and that's something I'm absolutely okay with being said. It's just acknowledging that these issues exist and there's nothing to be personally offended by.

I'm sure Woodley will figure it out eventually, if not, no biggie. There are and will be, bigger stars who will find a way to put a proper image of feminism in people's heads. Or maybe they'll just tell people to use dat golden rule.

This whole situation, though, makes me glad I'm not famous. I'd run away from any interview or journalist not to sound like an idiot. That's what GAF is for.

And I'm headed to bed. Peece.
I'm someone who thinks people should be educated and not just ignored to say whatever they please so I do think it's a pretty big thing if she is unwilling to educate herself.

I'm sure interviews can be scary when you're famous but I don't think human rights is something that should be hard to answer. :p

Night!

NinjaBoiX

Lol, Cat is literally beating dudes off with a stick here!

This Bufbaf guy seems cool, he used the term "true story" in the faceGAF thread. Plus he's a fellow baldy.

OFf4ivi.gif

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Stop making up excuses and see it as a challenge!

Tha-that's so nice of you to say! *blushes*
I'm super lazy though. Travelling an hour seems like too much effort some days, let alone travelling to another country! Maybe you need to come here. We love accents!
To be fair, I just like bringing attention to how great my hair is

I have great hair

It really is. Saw it in skype

NinjaBoiX

2 o'clock finish today, love a sunny day flyer me!
To be fair, I just like bringing attention to how great my hair is

I have great hair
It's certainly very lustrous dude, but it's also very long. Cut your hair you hippie.

Or shave it off entirely and grow a beard if you're trying to get into Lisa's cyber-knickers.

It's certainly very lustrous dude, but it's also very long. Cut your hair you hippie.

Or shave it off entirely and grow a beard if you're trying to get into Lisa's cyber-knickers.

1) Fuck you
2) It's not that long at the moment. Well, maybe compared to you, but compared to me? Nah this is short
3) I'm gonna throw out a crazy idea. Beard AND long hair. Yeah. Not that I can grow a beard but that's out there for anyone to try now.

Now let's all listen to some Osker.

Grab the wrist,
Pull away,
I don't wanna die today,
So I won't

Lucian Cat

Cyber knickers? That's boring mang

Lucian Cat

I'm trying my best to make this work long distance cat, but this shitty attitude isn't helping woman!

Cyber smut and and cheesy flirting on a video game forum are all I can offer you on the other side of the world.

Please understand.

You don't even send me flirty whatsapp texts or pics anymore ;____; what have we become

NinjaBoiX

You don't even send me flirty whatsapp texts or pics anymore ;____; what have we become
I promise to make more of an effort, I'd be lost without you. I can feel us drifting away from each other further each day and it's killing me.

It's maybe even tearing me apart.

As for the smut on WhatsApp, you know I need "inspiration" to write Lisa...

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom