• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy. Fucking. Shit. Yo

I'm conflicted. I'm going to see it tonight, but can't decide if I'm excited for it or not. On the one hand, everyone's saying it's great. On the other, everyone says that about X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2, two films I despise. Plus I never liked Bryan Singer. The first half of The Usual Suspects is pretty much the only thing he's done I've really liked.

Wazzy

Banned
I really want to see DOFP but I hate bryan singer. Decisions, decisions.
lol i didnt make this but it kills me every time. this was a long time ago. find me?

yIEjN82.jpg

edit: i'm in there 3 times

Are you the guy with the beanie?

If not, uhhhhh the top right and bottom right guy.

Clydefrog

Are you the guy with the beanie?

If not, uhhhhh the top right and bottom right guy.

wrong.

but almost right. strangely.

edit: i mean, i'm not wearing a beanie. nor am i in the bottom right

edit: in the pic of 4 guys in the top-middle wearing black, i'm the shortest. they're well over 6 feet tall though. i'm not a midget. i'm 5'8"

Wazzy

Banned
wrong.

but almost right. strangely.

edit: i mean, i'm not wearing a beanie. nor am i in the bottom right

edit: in the pic of 4 guys in the top-middle wearing black, i'm the shortest. they're well over 6 feet tall though. i'm not a midget. i'm 5'8"

Hmmm

The guy squinting like "oh this good shit bro"?

I'm conflicted. I'm going to see it tonight, but can't decide if I'm excited for it or not. On the one hand, everyone's saying it's great. On the other, everyone says that about X-Men 2 and Spider-Man 2, two films I despise. Plus I never liked Bryan Singer. The first half of The Usual Suspects is pretty much the only thing he's done I've really liked.

Ticket bought.

We'll see how this goes.

EDIT: Jesus writing unit tests for mapping stuff is the most tedious thing

EDIT 2: Why is listening to music that you haven't listened to in like 6 or 7 years so weird? I'm listening to the first We Are Scientists album and I'm remembering it perfectly. How? My memory is terrible.

EDIT 3: Except all the songs seem way slower than they should be. Also the production is awful.

zeemumu

Alright so everything's gone from okay to bad to worse back to bad to okay to good back down to bad back to okay. Let's see if I can direct things back to good territory. Maybe I can get it up to great and then someday to perfect.

MutFox

Banned

I really liked the tone of First Class...
Some parts were sorta cheesey, but overall really liked it.

My 3rd most anticipated comic book movie this year...
After GotG and Cap2.... :p

What did B. Singer do? :|
Just a douchebag?

I really liked the tone of First Class...
Some parts were sorta cheesey, but overall really liked it.

My 3rd most anticipated comic book movie this year...
After GotG and Cap2.... :p

First Class was fucking great. I was so disappointed when it was announced that Singer was taking over DoFP from him.

I think the order for me was:
GotG (HNNNNNNNG)
ASM2 (no complaining about my Spider-Man taste >:C)
Cap2 (which totally blew me away, so fucking good)
DoFP (eeeeeh)

MutFox

Banned
First Class was fucking great. I was so disappointed when it was announced that Singer was taking over DoFP from him.

I think the order for me was:
GotG (HNNNNNNNG)
ASM2 (no complaining about my Spider-Man taste >:C)
Cap2 (which totally blew me away, so fucking good)
DoFP (eeeeeh)

OMG, this whole time I thought Singer directed that movie...
I was like, his other x-men movies were ok, but he did first class, which was awesome... :|

Now I'm not as hyped anymore...

Though if they keep the tone from first class, it should be good...Hopefully... :p

ASM2... LOL ;P

Wazzy

Banned
Wha???
Is that true? Wouldn't he be in jail if it was? :|
Basically typical Hollywood star getting away with it.

It's been brought to the publics attention recently but nothing has been done yet. There's a couple lawsuits that are in process.

Him doing all of that is extremely well known in Hollywood. :(

zeemumu

Basically typical Hollywood star getting away with it.

It's been brought to the publics attention recently but nothing has been done yet. There's a couple lawsuits that are in process.

Him doing all of that is extremely well known in Hollywood. :(

Did they keep him on the project because it was already too far ahead? Even if the courts haven't decided I wouldn't think that the studio would want that kind of publicity attached to the film.

OMG, this whole time I thought Singer directed that movie...
I was like, his other x-men movies were ok, but he did first class, which was awesome... :|

Now I'm not as hyped anymore...

Though if they keep the tone from first class, it should be good...Hopefully... :p

ASM2... LOL ;P

Unfortunately...

This is not a simple answer because Singer's X-men and X2 are such different beasts from Vaughn's First Class. I'll say that without bringing in feelings of preference between the two styles, DOFP is definitely a movie which is directed like X2, but shares sprinkles of the style and audaciousness of First Class, but none of its tone. The tone is all X2.

Also yeah fuck Singer

Wazzy

Banned
Did they keep him on the project because it was already too far ahead? Even if the courts haven't decided I wouldn't think that the studio would want that kind of publicity attached to the film.
Yeah the movie was finished way after the lawsuit claims.

Btw fellow Jet Set fan awwww yahhhhh

MutFox

Banned
You've got a JSRF avatar right? I preferred future to JSR but both are amazing games.

I hope we get a vita release for future one day.

Never tried Future, just played the first one on Dreamcast... :|
I really liked that game though...

What's the difference?

**EDIT** Half Hello

zeemumu

You've got a JSRF avatar right? I preferred future to JSR but both are amazing games.

I hope we get a vita release for future one day.

Same. It's a lot faster paced and I love the design of Zero Beat (my avatar). There's a kickstarter game called Hover or something that looks like a spiritual successor to JSRF.

Same. There's no sugar for my coffee so I'm a little grumpy.

Coffee doesn't work on me :/. To get more energy I'd have to down an entire can of Monster. I did that at Disneyland once. Oh God, the power...

What's the difference?

**EDIT** Half Hello

no time limit, rail combos to maintain your speed. You start with YoYo, and you don't have to stop to spary graffiti. You spray as you go.

MutFox

Banned
no time limit, rail combos to maintain your speed. You start with YoYo, and you don't have to stop to spary graffiti. You spray as you go.

OMG, that sounds awesome, wonder if it's on Steam...
Saw the original one on sale there the other day...

zeemumu

I hate energy drinks. They're kind of disgusting. Coffee and tea <3

It wasn't my best idea. I realized that when I got that weird twitching feeling after finishing the can. I have friends who would down several cans per day and were constantly shaking, and I'll only drink one can every few years.

Never shotgunned pop before... LOL
Only beer...

I think if I did that with pop,
there'd be pop coming outta my nose... :|

I think this was before I drank, and I was bored

Though I can't actually think of any alcoholic drinks that come in cans that I don't despise so much that I could actually manage to shotgun it

MutFox

Banned
I think this was before I drank, and I was bored

Though I can't actually think of any alcoholic drinks that come in cans that I don't despise so much that I could actually manage to shotgun it

There's this one here local in Vancouver that's SOOOOOO good...
It's called Okanagan, they make apple cider, it's good. (and I don't like Strongbow)
Tastes like apple, probably cause the Okanagan for us is where we have a lot of apple orchards... :p

zeemumu

OMG, that sounds awesome, wonder if it's on Steam...
Saw the original one on sale there the other day...

It needs to be. I own it on a disc that it shared with a racing game for the Xbox. The rail combos were my favorite improvement because I hated slowing down in the orignal.

Wazzy

Banned

What's the difference?

**EDIT** Half Hello
Zeemumu covered most of it. :p

It's an open world with remixed tracks from the original(plus new ones), new character designs(most are much better) and a different take on the originals storyline where Yoyo is more important.

There's also more playable characters.
Same. It's a lot faster paced and I love the design of Zero Beat (my avatar). There's a kickstarter game called Hover or something that looks like a spiritual successor to JSRF.

I saw that but my only concern is I wasn't a huge fan of the character designs. :p I'm hoping its good, though!

Yoyo's redesign is great and I love Beats as well.

zeemumu

Zeemumu covered most of it. :p

It's an open world with remixed tracks from the original(plus new ones), new character designs(most are much better) and a different take on the originals storyline where Yoyo is more important.

There's also more playable characters.

I saw that but my only concern is I wasn't a huge fan of the character designs. :p I'm hoping its good, though!

Yoyo's redesign is great and I love Beats as well.

Yeah. Essentially every major character is unlockable, even the antagonists (my avatar pic for example).

Man, now I have tunes from JSR/JGR stuck in my head...
Gonna have to pull em up on youtube... :p

I have Rockin the Mic, Sweet Soul Brother, and Aisle 10 on my phone.

I usually forego lunch completely and down two cans of Rockstar. Makes the rest of the workday funner.
...that does sound kind of fun >_>
There's this one here local in Vancouver that's SOOOOOO good...
It's called Okanagan, they make apple cider, it's good. (and I don't like Strongbow)
Tastes like apple, probably cause the Okanagan for us is where we have a lot of apple orchards... :p

So you're a normal person then? Strongbow's so bad.

I do like cider, but only the ones which are super sweet and don't really taste of alcohol at all and don't really tend to come in cans. Mango Rekordelig is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom