• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chapter title depends on what I want direction I want to turn my life in. After "Before the Storm" and "From Worse to Eh", I decided that I didn't want to allow depression and overall sadness to fuck up my life to the point where it would be too late to change it for the better, so that's what I'm doing now. It's really easy to slip back into that sadness groove but I'm fighting it and working my way back to 100%.

That's great to hear! I went through something similar a few months ago. Had a really terrible episode of depression and started seeing a therapist. Things are looking up, and I'm starting to feel better.

If you ever need to chat, feel free to send a PM.

zeemumu

That's great to hear! I went through something similar a few months ago. Had a really terrible episode of depression and started seeing a therapist. Things are looking up, and I'm starting to feel better.

If you ever need to chat, feel free to send a PM.

Thanks! I appreciate that.

Yeah I'm in South Australia. One of the hotter states I think.

Not thick layers. Not yet anyway. It might get down to 1c in winter :p

Were you born and raised in Australia or did you move there?

Turin

Banned
The chapter title depends on what I want direction I want to turn my life in. After "Before the Storm" and "From Worse to Eh", I decided that I didn't want to allow depression and overall sadness to fuck up my life to the point where it would be too late to change it for the better, so that's what I'm doing now. It's really easy to slip back into that sadness groove but I'm fighting it and working my way back to 100%.
That's pretty cool man. I could benefit from some more personal honesty myself.

Had a really terrible episode of depression and started seeing a therapist. Things are looking up, and I'm starting to feel better.

I recently asked my own therapist about that rule that they can't tell anyone if their patient already committed a murder(because it was brought up in Hannibal). Of course she at the end had to ask if I had killed anyone and I of course said no. Her response, "Good. It's too early for that."

zeemumu

First half of my life was in Melbourne. Other half has been here.

Where are you from?

Born in Pennsylvania, moved to Louisiana and stayed there until I was around 3, then moved to California and I've been here ever since. At some point I'd like to move to Canada because I need a change of scenery, I'm more tolerant of cold weather than the average Californian, and as fr as I know there's no law against owning pygmy hedgehogs over there. The weather here is nice but we're constantly on fire over the summer due to droughts and high winds.

Turin

Banned
Born in Pennsylvania, moved to Louisiana and stayed there until I was around 3, then moved to California and I've been here ever since. At some point I'd like to move to Canada because I need a change of scenery, I'm more tolerant of cold weather than the average Californian, and as fr as I know there's no law against owning pygmy hedgehogs over there. The weather here is nice but we're constantly on fire over the summer due to droughts.

Is California as great as I hear? My friend talks about it like it's the Promised Land or something.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
OH GOD I WANNA GO BACK TO BED I CAN BARELY TYPzzzzzzz

`
I win by a year here. Younglings.

Yeah I'm in South Australia. One of the hotter states I think.
Yes.
Oh, states. Yes, that probably too.

It's fucking hot over here, too, though, goddamn. :/

Alright, gonna go get ready for work. Now where are those swimming trunks?

Acid08

Banned
Is California as great as I hear? My friend talks about it like it's the Promised Land or something.
California is wonderful. It's expensive as all hell in the places you would want to live though. Feel very fortunate to have grown up in the Bay Area, it has a vibe like no other place.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Born in Pennsylvania, moved to Louisiana and stayed there until I was around 3, then moved to California and I've been here ever since. At some point I'd like to move to Canada because I need a change of scenery, I'm more tolerant of cold weather than the average Californian, and as fr as I know there's no law against owning pygmy hedgehogs over there. The weather here is nice but we're constantly on fire over the summer due to droughts and high winds.

Cool. Cool. Canada would be awesome. I've often thought about moving there eventually.

We too have a lot of fire and winds so I understand that feel. Stupid dry country

zeemumu

It's fairly nice. Up north you have nice cool cities like San Francisco and these things that I keep hearing about called "trees" and "forests", while down here in Southern California you've got a fairly large amount to see in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Anaheim. The only catch is that you are likely to die of old age being stuck in traffic if you don't know how to get around it, and it's hot. I should spend a lot more time in LA than I do now. I usually only go over there to shop downtown, or for Anime Expo. I guess depending on where you're from, California sounds like the best thing ever because there's so much crammed into this state. Or maybe I've been here so long that I'm desensitized to the hype.

Born in Japan, moved back to the States when I was three. Been in Rhode Island ever since.

Dual citizenship? Nice! Japan is on my list of places to go.

I've always wondered what people in the middle states do. There's nothing out there. But there's something about open farmland and small forests that draws me to them.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Yes.
Oh, states. Yes, that probably too.
giphy.gif

Terrible
It's fucking hot over here, too, though, goddamn. :/

Alright, gonna go get ready for work. Now where are those swimming trunks?

Pfft who needs bathers

Born in Ohio. Raised in Ohio. Still living in Ohio.

Welcome to Ohio. YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE.

I understand why this state produced so many astronauts. They all wanted to get as far away from Ohio as possible.

zeemumu

Cool. Cool. Canada would be awesome. I've often thought about moving there eventually.

We too have a lot of fire and winds so I understand that feel. Stupid dry country

It was to my understanding that everything in Australia attempts to kill you at least once.

Born in Ohio. Raised in Ohio. Still living in Ohio.

Welcome to Ohio. YOU'LL NEVER LEAVE.

I understand why this state produced so many astronauts. They all wanted to get as far away from Ohio as possible.

Is this what you guys do all day?

Turin

Banned
It's fairly nice. Up north you have nice cool cities like San Francisco and these things that I keep hearing about called "trees" and "forests", while down here in Southern California you've got a fairly large amount to see in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Anaheim. The only catch is that you are likely to die of old age being stuck in traffic if you don't know how to get around it, and it's hot. I should spend a lot more time in LA than I do now. I usually only go over there to shop downtown, or for Anime Expo. I guess depending on where you're from, California sounds like the best thing ever because there's so much crammed into this state. Or maybe I've been here so long that I'm desensitized to the hype.

That does sound pretty nice. I guess I'll have to try and check it out someday. Japan as well of course.

Turin

Banned
I've been to Florida a couple times. I wouldn't wish that place on anyone. At least not to live there.

Oh yeah it's completely worth it to visit. Just bring money. Bring like several briefcases all filled with money and use one per day.

Noted.

AcridMeat

Banned
I remember complaining to my sister about it being 90 up here and she complained back that it was 110 down in Mexico. I need to find a place were it's cold all the time that's not Alaska.
Seattle sounds like the place for you. Let's go.
While I'd love a change of scenery (Seattle, hooo) I think I'm just as open to just moving somewhere else in the bay area. Like Acid said, we're super fortunate to be able to grow up here. We have great nature, moderate weather year round, but sometimes the people get to me.
My dad's family is from Eureka. So...way the fuck up there.
Humbolt County is a crazy place.
Haha yep. I've only been by Eureka a couple times and man...

zeemumu

I've been to Florida a couple times. I wouldn't wish that place on anyone. At least not to live there.

My dad's side of the family is based in Florida. They live in a town that you can basically see from end to end. The most modern things there were a Holiday Inn and a Walmart. But the people are really nice. Every time we went down there I would try to convince my parents to go to Orlando so I could go to a theme park. I went to Disneyworld for my 13th birthday for the first time since I was 2 and it was amazing. I wish we could just pick up Orlando and drop it in a different state, maybe in the midwest so it's an equal distance from everyone.

While I'd love a change of scenery (Seattle, hooo) I think I'm just as open to just moving somewhere else in the bay area. Like Acid said, we're super fortunate to be able to grow up here. We have great nature, moderate weather year round, but sometimes the people get to me.

I should go back and visit the Bay area. I haven't been back there in a while. California is a weird state where you can be driving for 7 hours and still be in the same state.

NinjaBoiX

Morning bambino/a's,

Aww yiss, fucking Friday! Can't wait for this weekend, it's felt like a long time coming for some reason.
CHANGED IT FOR YOU, OWEN.
Yay! Oh wait...
That's not a flattering picture of Jennifer Lawrence.
...damn you...
Back to this one, yes?
..now I'll never know.

(I do like this one Em, real classy.)
Adelaide time. I think +gmt 09:30
GMT+8.5
Yo. Game of Thrones. Daaaaaaaaaaamn.
I'm watching it tonight. Can't believe I held off all week!

TrueGrime

You know what's crazy? Most times when I check my watch or phone or just a time anywhere in general I always seem to do it when its 4:20. I kid you not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom