• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Which of these three should I use? Personally I think the last one looks pretty cool.

525368-zbgbp.png

Glowei_Deathwing.jpg

zero_beat_by_torithefox-d4lrwrf.png

Windam

Scaley member
So you're their real child and not Windam.

It all makes sense now.

YOU LIE! Mother told me herself that I was conceived on the kitchen table, and father did not deny it! Mother! Tell me that they are lying!

You were whisked away for your protection. Be mindful of Windam. He is the bastard child and will seek your claim at all costs.

Mind your tongue, Outlaw and Sister-Fucker.

If Windam truly wants the dragon title then he may have it. All he needs is this, right? *tosses Windam Charizardite X*

*graciously accepts Charizardite X*

I HAVE THE POWER!

If he assumes the throne it would be chaos an tyranny worse than Joffrey. Cat would live in hiding forever.

Cat wouldn't hide for long.
LApA4.gif

Windam

Scaley member
I actually completely forgot about the Turin reference. :p

And no. Some relatives were just a little uncomfortable with how friendly we seemed long ago.

Eh, me and one of my older cousins are pretty close. Chill a lot and stuff. Grew up together so we're kinda like siblings. I get what you're saying, but nobody in my family is weirded out by it, really.

Windam

Scaley member
Gurthang had a mind of it's own so it'd be like a three way really.

This is true, but who gives a shit, it's just a sword. Don't gotta respect its wishes, especially not me since I'm gonna be Glaurung, Father of Dragons in Middle-earth.

She and ThoseDeafMutes are coming for you. The dragons are on their way.

The Khal was not Father of Dragons. Also, wrong and inferior series, bro.

Turin

Banned
She and ThoseDeafMutes are coming for you. The dragons are on their way.

Well if it's any consolation to them, I'm already cursed to a life of misery by Melkor.

Oh and btw, this a thing that exists.

rHkmoFD.jpg

For what? A horse fetish?

This is true, but who gives a shit, it's just a sword. Don't gotta respect its wishes, especially not me since I'm gonna be Glaurung, Father of Dragons in Middle-earth.

Gurthang kills us both in the end though so it's the real winner here.

Windam

Scaley member
Gurthang kills us both in the end though so it's the real winner here.

Yeah, but it breaks when you fall on it, so it dies too. Nobody wins. Well, maybe your fath--no, Hurin definitely loses the most here... Shit. Sorry your family had shitty lives, bro. I'd take you for drinks, but evil and all.

Turin

Banned
Yeah, but it breaks when you fall on it, so it dies too. Nobody wins. Well, maybe your fath--no, Hurin definitely loses the most here... Shit. Sorry your family had shitty lives, bro. I'd take you for drinks, but evil and all.

I'm a little disappointed Tolkien's son excluded a little prophecy his old man wrote about Turin coming back from the void or something to skull fuck Melkor. I think he excluded it because there were too many variations.

Windam

Scaley member
I'm a little disappointed Tolkien's son excluded a little prophecy his old man wrote about Turin coming back from the void or something to skull fuck Melkor. I think he excluded it because there were too many variations.

Wut? I don't think Christopher excluded anything, all that happens in the Dagor Dagorath, which is at the end of world/time when Morgoth breaks the Door of Night and returns from the Void. Eru/the Valar resurrects all his/their warriors, and Morgoth his. Wouldn't make sense to include it in The Children of Hurin since that takes place during the First Age. The only other variation I know of is an early version Tolkien thought of where Eonwe, herald of Manwe, renamed Fionwe (and is the son of Manwe in this version), kills Morgoth.

But Lord of the Rings is boring as shit

The Lord of the Rings is the very end of Tolkien's universe. There's much more to it. He even made a better creation story than the Bible/any other religion, I'd say.

Turin

Banned
Wut? I don't think Christopher excluded anything, all that happens in the Dagor Dagorath, which is at the end of world/time when Morgoth breaks the Door of Night and returns from the Void. Eru/the Valar resurrects all his/their warriors, and Morgoth his. Wouldn't make sense to include it in The Children of Hurin since that takes place during the First Age. The only other variation I know of is an early version Tolkien thought of where Eonwe, herald of Manwe, renamed Fionwe (and is the son of Manwe in this version), kills Morgoth.

The Lord of the Rings is the very end of Tolkien's universe. There's much more to it. He even made a better creation story than the Bible/any other religion, I'd say.

There was another variation where Melkor get's triple teamed by Tulkas, Eonwe and Turin during Dagor Dagorath.

Scroll down to Fate After Death

Everything got dark as hell by the 90's. That might have something to do with it.

And Tolkien's other stories from that world are a lot more fun and interesting to be honest

But like, 10 years ago it was all so much more guitar based. Now it's all synths everywhere. Whahuh?

Also...eeeeeeh. Boriiing.
Really not a huge fan of high fantasy shit. ASoIaF/GoT is much more interesting to me because it's all political shit. At least it pretty much has been all political shit so far (not a book reader no spoilers)

Windam

Scaley member
There was another variation where Melkor get's triple teamed by Tulkas, Eonwe and Turin during Dagor Dagorath.

Scroll down to Fate After Death

Huh, never knew that. Everything I've read before stated Turin will indeed finally end Morgoth. I always thought it was unfair that Turin would end him, considering he fucked with the Elves long before Men awoke in the world. Feanor should be the one to end him, tbh.

Turin

Banned
Huh, never knew that. Everything I've read before stated Turin will indeed finally end Morgoth. I always thought it was unfair that Turin would end him, considering he fucked with the Elves long before Men awoke in the world. Feanor should be the one to end him, tbh.

I'd be cool with either but I'm more of a Turin fan. Feanor getting a rematch with Gothmog would be nice.

God, it took you long enough to get pregnant, Dany. Jeez.

(Playing CK2)

Maybe she didn't want one.

"Nahhhh. You aint getting no abortion. You havin dat baby!"

Windam

Scaley member
I'd be cool with either but I'm more of a Turin fan. Feanor getting a rematch with Gothmog would be nice.

That wasn't even a fair fight. Nah, I like the way Ecthelion ended Gothmog. Two broken hands? No problem, I'll just impale him with my fucking helmet. What a badass. Glorfindel, too, knocking a balrog off a mountain.

Toa TAK

Banned
There's like one cute guy in this class. Ugh.
Now imagine that, despite getting along great, he has a girlfriend and you will never move beyond being a cute classmate.

Switch genders and replace school with work and that's my predicament.

At least I'll be in that new job soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom