• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
So nobody is going to finish up this page eh?

I have a post, but I don't want to waste it on a dead page.

Oh well, you get this:

sgFBGbm.gif

Lol. I love that gif

Shit. Top of the page. Umm umm umm.

Y'all are thirsty bastards. I love you all

NinjaBoiX

I just saw Paramore perform on one of those late shows. Not my taste in music but I kind of enjoyed the energy coming from the band.

image.php

Ninj will be pleased innit.
Oh yeah, I've seen those guys play before. Kind of emo, pop-punk nonsense, but pretty cool for what they are. The chick who sings is all kinds of dreamy.

But seriously, if you dig their energy live (they are an awesome live band I don't care what anyone says, so tight and enthusiastic) you should check out Marmozets. I heard them last month, was quite impressed. Similar poppy punk stuff, maybe not quite so saccharine with the strained vocal and shifting time signatures. They remind me a little of The Subways but with more interesting ideas and a more talented singer. I like it, it creams my corn.

Marmozets - Why Do You Hate Me? (video)

Marmozets - Why Do You Hate Me? (live - 100 Club)

Black and white stripey top, deep red hair and a spunky attitude; she's like the little lady circa 2008.

:D

zeemumu

So nobody is going to finish up this page eh?

I have a post, but I don't want to waste it on a dead page.

Oh well, you get this:

sgFBGbm.gif

oDwalX0.gif

Nu uh

Cloudy/Rainy Days> Sunshine

Cloudy days keep the Tails Doll away.

So I was searching through my backpack yesterday and I found what is essentially a journal/notebook of all of the thoughts that were important enough to write down in the past year. My what a strange trip it's been. First page was about GAF, second page was about someone that I had feelings for at the time dating someone else (we're still friends and I was debating whether or not to let her read that entry, but I decided that at the most I'll summarize it for her to aim for minimum awkwardness), third page was about a friend who flaked on me for a straight 6 months, then I got third wheeled when she didn't. The rest is about me attempting to better myself. I added in something new yesterday.

It's kind of funny. In the 2nd page entry I mentioned that I would still be there no matter what because I only care about her happiness. Most people would see that something that someone says because they have hope that eventually they'll end up together, and will only be there for them until they realize that it's hopeless. But I've realized that I actually stuck to that promise, and that I really do only care about her being happy. Maybe having a whole year of being crushed by life was a test to see whether or not I'd give up. I guess that means I passed. Congratulations, Zeemumu.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I've been looking for excuses to post this emote all over gaf but I can't find the proper thread to post it in and you guys seem to talk about whatever so here goes:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Let It Go (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Let It Go (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Let It Go

Maybe since you guys kinda just do your own thing will find good use for it.

Or horrible use, maybe I've unleashed something terrible.

I've been looking for excuses to post this emote all over gaf but I can't find the proper thread to post it in and you guys seem to talk about whatever so here goes:

It will be the latter

100% the latter
I'd kill for more rain and cloudy days. I feel my best.

Want to swap countries?

Yes, yes. This is good. Welcome to the party, person who is totally not Spaceghost.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Let It Go ✧゚・:*ノ(◕ヮ◕ノ)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's a full time post graduation job. I was thinking about doing something in retail (I found a couple of places that are hiring) just until I find something full-time.

Also, relevant

(Gravity spoilers)

All those releases, all that pain, all that masking by cheerful music about release, all these double entendres, I know not how to feel.

I wish you good luck on your job hunt though, retail is some smelly business. If a job doesn't work out though have you considered interning your way into a full time job? That's basically what I did.

All those releases, all that pain, all that masking by cheerful music about release, all these double entendres, I know not how to feel.

I wish you good luck on your job hunt though, retail is some smelly business. If a job doesn't work out though have you considered interning your way into a full time job? That's basically what I did.

I've interned before and had summer positions in my field. My degree is in criminal justice, so it's hard to intern and then transition into full time work. You have to go through the background checks and psychological tests and stuff.

If you can escape retail, you're in the green.

tumblr_mie2i7bRNh1rnev0oo1_500.gif

You've linked this one before.

I already escaped retail once. I was a manager at Game Stop.

And I will continue to post this. You will deal.

iwcUw3QVdQeMm.gif

zeemumu

I already escaped retail once. I was a manager at Game Stop.

And I will continue to post this. You will deal.

iwcUw3QVdQeMm.gif

You were a manager at Gamestop? I'm actually putting in an application there today. Do you mind telling me what they mean by Game Software knowledge? Do they mean the games themselves, the engines, what?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Since it looks like we were kind of maybe talking about the weather I have a story.

I left work yesterday and it was cloudy and 90 and humid and shitty. Then I hopped on the metro, and as the metro got out of the tunnel the rain hit the top of the train like a sheet of bullets.

Upon hearing this symphony of "you're about to get soaked" everyone on the metro exchanged glances as if to say "yo dudes, we're fucked because no one brought an umbrella", sure enough we got off and no one pulled out an umbrella. In the 3 minute walk run full on sprint to my car, which OF COURSE was on the 6th floor of the parking garage, the obligatory open air roof top parking floor - I had been blasted by so much water that I looked like I had fallen into a pool. Those 4 inch deep puddles didn't really help much either.

But to top it all off, as soon as I pulled out of the parking garage the rain had nearly totally stopped.

DC weather is like this eternal chain letter of "fuck you guy, I hate you" signed Mother Nature. It's kind of like this:
4E5PdZ5.gif

I've interned before and had summer positions in my field. My degree is in criminal justice, so it's hard to intern and then transition into full time work. You have to go through the background checks and psychological tests and stuff.

What did your internships have you do? I'm sure there is a decent demand for research assistants in Criminal Justice.

zeemumu

Oh yeah, I forgot about you at Gamestop.

I remember getting to the second interview to work at the one in City Walk. But didn't get it.
Which is bullshit.

I like the one in Universal Citywalk but it feels a little cramped because of the low ceiling.

How difficult is it to get a job at Gamestop?

Toa TAK

Banned
I like the one in Universal Citywalk but it feels a little cramped because of the low ceiling.

How difficult is it to get a job at Gamestop?

I don't think it's hard. If you own current systems and know games in general you'll be fine. If you hang out a lot on Gaming side you're fine.

What fucked me over was that I couldn't name 3 different games with their Gamestop pre-order incentives.

The City Walk one was my main gamestop since I worked at Uni for awhile. I don't think I've been to any other Gamestop since I stopped working at Uni. I do like their staff. =(

zeemumu

I don't think it's hard. If you own current systems and know games in general you'll be fine. If you hang out a lot on Gaming side you're fine.

What fucked me over was that I couldn't name 3 different games with their Gamestop pre-order incentives.

The City Walk one was my main gamestop since I worked at Uni for awhile. I don't think I've been to any other Gamestop since I stopped working at Uni. I do like their staff. =(

I don't own all of current gen yet, just the Wii U. I know enough about the Xbox One and PS4 to answer basic questions though.

You were a manager at Gamestop? I'm actually putting in an application there today. Do you mind telling me what they mean by Game Software knowledge? Do they mean the games themselves, the engines, what?

I believe they mean like types of games (FPS, RPG, Puzzle, Platformer, etc.). It's been a while since I filled out the application, but they're mainly looking for someone who is knowledgeable about different categories. So, if someone comes up to you and asks, "I really like FPS games, what would you recommend?" you'll know what to say. They want you to be able to go "It's kind of like ________ or plays like ________."

They want you to be passionate and well-informed about upcoming titles in order to secure preorders. So, if someone's buying Call of Duty, you can say, "Yeah, the next one's coming out this fall, do you want to get on the list for it?" Stuff like that. They want you to be able to sell not only the products in store, but to also secure sales for upcoming titles.

Above everything else, customer service is #1. They want someone who is pleasant, well-informed, and a good team player. There are certain policies that you have to abide by without question, but the most important thing is doing what's best for the customer.

What position are you applying for? If you don't get it this time, try applying for the holiday season. That's what I did, and they just kept me on. I eventually got promoted to a keyholder position. The basic level is what they call a "game advisor". You're the one organizing and putting titles back out on the shelf, as well as cleaning the store and managing the register. You always work with a manager.

If you want to know more, shoot me a PM and I'll totally answer your questions.

What did your internships have you do? I'm sure there is a decent demand for research assistants in Criminal Justice.

I interned at a juvenile detention center, working with delinquent youth and the staff. It was pretty cool, although a bit depressing at times. My summer job was working with a police department to manage beach traffic and to write tickets. Taylor Swift said hi to me. It was pretty rad.

The problem is that there's no demand for research assistants here (I'm in Rhode Island). I can't really afford to move elsewhere on an intern's salary (if it's even paid), so I need a full time job. I was thinking about applying to a police department. I think I could get in, but I'm nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom