• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was really gimmicky and poorly structured. None of the characters outside of Charles and Erik got proper development and the CGI (especially in that ship battle) is really terrible.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I really disliked First Class. ;_;
I thought it was awesome on a first watch, but when I rewatched it on blu ray with a few friends, we all realized it was kind of mediocre.

McAvoy and Fassbender save the movie from being total shit.

Honestly though I've become really jaded about super hero movies recently and I hate almost everything about them now, but oddly enough I really liked man of steel. The one movie I was expecting to hate.

zeemumu

And yet she still doesn't seem to care. I mean come on, at least she's not sitting in a tree.

Don't be sad, Blink is waaaay better.

Blink was pretty cool. She would put Chell from Portal to shame. I don't think that Avengers Quicksilver will be able to top X Men Quicksilver though. That guy showed everyone a true speedster.

Toa TAK

Banned
I thought it was really gimmicky and poorly structured. None of the characters outside of Charles and Erik got proper development and the CGI (especially in that ship battle) is really terrible.
And you are absolutely right. No argument here.
I thought it was awesome on a first watch, but when I rewatched it on blu ray with a few friends, we all realized it was kind of mediocre.

McAvoy and Fassbender save the movie from being total shit.

Honestly though I've become really jaded about super hero movies recently and I hate almost everything about them now, but oddly enough I really liked man of steel. The one movie I was expecting to hate.
MOS brother? My favorite Superman movie.
Blink was pretty cool. She would put Chell from Portal to shame. I don't think that Avengers Quicksilver will be able to top X Men Quicksilver though. That guy showed everyone a true speedster.
You never know, I think what will be interesting is how different Avengers Quicksilver will portray his powers. I don't know if it will be any better or worse.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Fuckin loved it mate, it had its problems and it even had it's really awkwardly framed scenes and other issues, but it was such a ride.

Best choreographed action sequences I've ever seen. Also the whole movie had so much punch, like that scene where he flies through the gravity field generator thing? That was soooo satisfying!

zeemumu

And you are absolutely right. No argument here.

You never know, I think what will be interesting is how different Avengers Quicksilver will portray his powers. I don't know if it will be any better or worse.

They're already off to a bad start since the X-Men franchise has a noteworthy amount of the rights to that character. They can't go the same route so they're gonna have to make him extremely badass to surpass X-Men's

Toa TAK

Banned
Fuckin loved it mate, it had its problems and it even had it's really awkwardly framed scenes and other issues, but it was such a ride.

Best choreographed action sequences I've ever seen. Also the whole movie had so much punch, like that scene where he flies through the gravity field generator thing? That was soooo satisfying!
Yes, problems and all, I loved it. The action is FINALLY realized for a Superman movie. Especially the Zod fight at the end. Cities be dammed.
Just give it a couple of months
The inevitable GAF backlash, huh?
They're already off to a bad start since the X-Men franchise has a noteworthy amount of the rights to that character. They can't go the same route so they're gonna have to make him extremely badass to surpass X-Men's

We'll see, I don't want to write him off so quickly yet.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yes, problems and all, I loved it. The action is FINALLY realized for a Superman movie. Especially the Zod fight at the end. Cities be dammed.

The inevitable GAF backlash, huh?

Yeah I've always found the "BUT THEY'RE DESTROYING EVERYTHING AND KILLING EVERYONE" argument kind of reachy.

Also everyone loves these kinds of movies the first few times, the true test is the inevitable rewatch. That's when the backlash is gonna hit hard for DoFP, I'm sure of it.

OH BOY IT'S NOON, TIME FOR LUNCH I'M FEELING THAT BLT!

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah I've always found the "BUT THEY'RE DESTROYING EVERYTHING AND KILLING EVERYONE" argument kind of reachy.

Also everyone loves these kinds of movies the first few times, the true test is the inevitable rewatch. That's when the backlash is gonna hit hard for DoFP, I'm sure of it.

OH BOY IT'S NOON, TIME FOR LUNCH I'M FEELING THAT BLT!
I hate the city-destroying argument, only NOW do people want to bring that shit up after it's been done a million times. Give me a break.

Now for DoFP, I need to see it again for the third time, so good.

I should really go for some breakfast. It is almost 9.

You can see my avatar right? :p

Also add me to the MoS boat.
Oh hell yeah! I can't wait for GotG, it will be the first movie I have had to pay for since October.

I really disliked First Class. ;_;

Me too, I'll see the second one anyway because of all the positive impressions, but the first one was pretty bad. The last part of the movie especially.

What's that one movie where this agency is going after this guy because he was aware of their existence?

Mmm, The Adjustment Bureau?

With that description it could also be The Truman Show, but I doubt that.

zeemumu

One question for those who have seen Days of Future Past. Do you think
Wolverine will warn Xavier of all of the stuff that didn't happen just in case, like Jean going Phoenix and Stryker and everything?

Toa TAK

Banned
The adjustment bureau was a fun concept that was done in a really boring way.

Also, when your genre is romantic science fiction thriller. You've officially fucked up.
Gattaca
One question for those who have seen Days of Future Past. Do you think
Wolverine will warn Xavier of all of the stuff that didn't happen just in case, like Jean going Phoenix and Stryker and everything?
I actually think it's all already happened but they found a better way to deal with it all.

zeemumu

Gattaca

I actually think it's all already happened but they found a better way to deal with it all.

Yeah that makes sense too. Maybe there was a ripple effect involved.

Kill La Kill is on Netflix now? Nice, I had no idea. Might just have to watch through it again. When can we get Gurren Lagann on Netlix?

zeemumu

Guys, I'm going to get RPG Maker and make a FakeGAF RPG.

Who are going to be the heroes and who are the villians?

I want to be a hero with a sword with a green streak as my primary weapon and maybe a gun. High HP and Strength with persuasion as my special trait, if at all possible. Not the primary hero, though. A secondary would be cool.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Guys, I'm going to get RPG Maker and make a FakeGAF RPG.

Who are going to be the heroes and who are the villians?

Dragonz for main antagonist who becomes the protagonist in the second half.
TDM for inn keeper.
who is actually the secret bonus boss that will fuck you up in 2 attacks unless you have the special item from that other bonus dungeon

I haven't been around long enough to be considered for a character, maybe I can be random ghost monster.

Yeah that makes sense too. Maybe there was a ripple effect involved.

Kill La Kill is on Netflix now? Nice, I had no idea. Might just have to watch through it again. When can we get Gurren Lagann on Netlix?

Gurren Lagann used to be on Netflix but got removed, like a lot of other good anime on Netflix such as Baccano, FLCL, Monster, Now and Then Here and There and others.

Doubt it will come back soon.

zeemumu

Dragonz for main antagonist who becomes the protagonist in the second half.
TDM for inn keeper.
who is actually the secret bonus boss that will fuck you up in 2 attacks unless you have the special item from that other bonus dungeon

I haven't been around long enough to be considered for a character, maybe I can be random ghost monster.

Or have Tiddums be the tutorial character who is OP at the beginning so that the player can learn the controls without risk of death, then have something happen to him (or have him still be the antagonist and just play the tutorial from the antagonist's point of view) and switch to either an original protagonist or Dragonz as the new main character. Bishop can be the hidden mentor and since Tiddums is the Big Bad, Evilore can be the Bigger Bad, like the Shao Kahn to Tiddums' Shang Tsung.

LuffyZoro

Or have Tiddums be the tutorial character who is OP at the beginning so that the player can learn the controls without risk of death, then have something happen to him (or have him still be the antagonist and just play the tutorial from the antagonist's point of view) and switch to either an original protagonist or Dragonz as the new main character.

He could be a tutorial instructor that comes back to be the main antagonist.

zeemumu

He could be a tutorial instructor that comes back to be the main antagonist.

Just have him be the antagonist AND the tutorial, like how Assassin's Creed 3 had the antagonist as the main character for the first chapter.

Lucian would be a mandatory party member, you know nothing could start out as an enemy then turn to ally after you beat him.

zeemumu

I want Tiddums' goal to be summoning Evilore or something, and evilore as a boss can't be defeated for good, just stopped from entering this realm.

Turin

Banned

As non X-Men fan I thought it was an amusing movie but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again. Fassbender and McAvoy carried it.

You're all being weird, how can Tiddums be the antagonist and Dragonz be the protagonist when they clearly have to be the love interests? Or at least the lust interests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom