• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

And I'm done with college classes until fall! I can't tell you how much better I feel. So much less stressed, so my brain isn't jumbled and cluttered with random weirdness because I'm not nervous anymore. Being able to think clearly and act like a person again. It feels great!

franco-so-good.gif

No idea if this is the correct use of this GIF

Turin

Banned
Good that you're feeling better Zee!

Not sure about getting a Wii U still but it's tempting. Is it basically Nintendo's thing now to have a console that's a generation behind?

Turin

Banned
Had a Wii briefly. Got little use out of it and sold it like a half year after buying it. I still have Twilight Princess on the Gamecube if I ever want to.

Windam

Scaley member
I bought Twilight Princess for GameCube used, and in mint (pretty much new) condition for $60 last year. Then I saw how awful it and other GCN titles looked on a 22" 720P TV, even with an S-video cable. Now I have a 37" 1080P TV and I will never, ever connect my GameCube to it. Ever.

Windam

Scaley member
Also, dating advice is no longer required, since what I'd been saying from the start turned out to be the case.

Shameless double post because why the fuck not

Wazzy

Banned
I bought Twilight Princess for GameCube used, and in mint (pretty much new) condition for $60 last year. Then I saw how awful it and other GCN titles looked on a 22" 720P TV, even with an S-video cable. Now I have a 37" 1080P TV and I will never, ever connect my GameCube to it. Ever.

Your first mistake was buying Twilight Princess.

BOOM.

zeemumu

i need somebody to hold me now i'm sick of always being the "funny" friend i'm gonna go listen to linkin park and masturbate myself to sleep now

It's alright, Windam. How you project yourself can affect how others see you. Feign confidence for about a month and see if you end up developing real confidence. That may help your situation.

If not, your love life will return in Final Fantasy XIII Versus.

Windam

Scaley member
Your first mistake was buying Twilight Princess.

BOOM.

I agree. The fuck was I thinking?

It's alright, Windam. How you project yourself can affect how others see you. Feign confidence for about a month and see if you end up developing real confidence. That may help your situation.

If not, your love life will return in Final Fantasy XIII Versus.

I don't come off as having low confidence in person, which is a godsend for things such as presentations and the like. I wear the mask well.

Wazzy

Banned
I agree. The fuck was I thinking?

I don't come off as having low confidence in person, which is a godsend for things such as presentations and the like. I wear the mask well.

idk gurl

but on a serious note: TP is actually a good game but it's ranked low on the list of good Zelda games.

Windam

Scaley member
idk gurl

but on a serious note: TP is actually a good game but it's ranked low on the list of good Zelda games.

Do you need a sugar daddy in FFXIV, girl? I'ma maybe buy a month either in an hour on impulse or after I get double fisted next Thursday

Windam

Scaley member
wait fuck it i still got archeage alpha to play and my 760 comes in tomorrow so wooooooooooooooo

double posting to keep the thirst alive

MutFox

Banned
Twilight Princess was awesome, but the collection quests were garbage..
All they do is artificially make the game longer.

They did the same with Skyward Sword.

Hope they don't put much of that garbage in the next game...
They pretty much took the worst of Majora's Mask collecting...

That's why Oot>MM unless you like boring collect-o-thons...

zeemumu

Twilight Princess was awesome, but the collection quests were garbage..
All they do is artificially make the game longer.

They did the same with Skyward Sword.

Hope they don't put much of that garbage in the next game...
They pretty much took the worst of Majora's Mask collecting...

That's why Oot>MM unless you like boring collect-o-thons...

Collecting the masks was neither mandatory nor pointless. And it's not a straight collect-a-thon. Usually they're the reward for completing the side missions, which were arguably the best part of the game because of how dark they were. A lot of what made that game great were the tiny hints and conversations that alluded to how screwed up Termina was.

MutFox

Banned
MM isn't as bad as the new games in the collect-o-thon crap,
but that's where Nintendo slowly started doing it.

MM, did it in a more classy way, that's for sure,
Though it started the downward slope of it.

Even the game after it, WW, had the horrible Triforce collect-o-thon.

This is coming from a Zelda fan, I just hate collecting, it feels lazy.
Give me another dungeon with puzzles instead.
Or just let me play the next part of the game, I don't care if the game is a few hours shorter.

zeemumu

MM isn't as bad as the new games in the collect-o-thon crap,
but that's where Nintendo slowly started doing it.

MM, did it in a more classy way, that's for sure,
Though it started the downward slope of it.

Even the game after it, WW, had the horrible Triforce collect-o-thon.

I agree that the WW one is bullshit, but I heard that they fixed it in the HD remake.

MutFox

Banned
fuck puzzles let me just stab, slice, shoot, and zip my way across dungeons

That's more like Dark/Demon Souls which are also very good... ;P

I agree that the WW one is bullshit, but I heard that they fixed it in the HD remake.

I heard it's about the same,
was hoping they'd add in the dungeon they originally ommited... :(

Though that dungeon supposedly became a Twilight Princess dungeon instead,
so it stayed ommited... :(

If that happened, I would have bought the remake...

zeemumu

Man, MM is so messed up.

That girl's dad is a mummy, skull kid sucked out the soul of the Deku butler's son to turn Link into a deku scrub, Anju's fiance got turned into a kid and even if you choose to help them, they're gonna die 30 seconds after getting married unless you reverse time, the sword tutor is a coward, That Zora died trying to please the woman that he loved, the goron failed to become the hero that his people needed, skull kid felt abandoned by the giants, the big sister at the romani ranch give the little sister that milk to dull her senses so she doesn't freak out when the moon kills them all, that entire kingdom in Ikana was lost to bloodshed, and pretty much everyone is dead, and on top of all of that, the OoT/MM incarnation of Link regrets not being remembered as a hero because he was sent back in time to his childhood so all of the adult-Link events in OoT didn't happen in his timeline, and as a result he dies and becomes a restless spirit whose only hope was to pass the knowledge down to Twilight Princess Link.

Windam

Scaley member
The water temple in Twilight Princess is so :NEGMAN:

Took me hours to figure it out.

I played OoT on my Zelda Collector's Edition disc on GCN and I gave up at the Water Temple. Still haven't beaten the game. Been at that same spot for the past 8 years now.

That's more like Dark/Demon Souls which are also very good... ;P

Not as good as GAF would have you believe. Holy fuck does Gaming side need to stop circle jerking over the series.

MutFox

Banned
I played OoT on my Zelda Collector's Edition disc on GCN and I gave up at the Water Temple. Still haven't beaten the game. Been at that same spot for the past 8 years now.

I know exacrtly where you're stuck...
Helped multiple friends there... :)

Not as good as GAF would have you believe. Holy fuck does Gaming side need to stop circle jerking over the series.

I have it, I really enjoy it.
My bro isn't part of GAF and it's his fave game at the moment.

The games aren't hard either, they're just pattern based, like a lot of old school games.

Windam

Scaley member

Finally.

They're the only "real video games" being made, bro. Accept it.

I hope you get fucked up the ass with a cactus. No lube.

I know exacrtly where you're stuck...
Helped multiple friends there... :)

I have it, I really enjoy it.
My bro isn't part of GAF and it's his fave game at the moment.

The games aren't hard either, they're just pattern based, like a lot of old school games.

I don't think I'll ever go back to it... ;___;

And don't get me wrong, I have Prepare to Die edition on PC, and it's fun, but it's not the Holy Grail of gaming that so many would have you believe. It deserves its praise, but people need to be realistic.

They really boil down to trial and error. Which is fine and pretty rewarding in itself.

But the people acting as if it's saving the industry and want every game to take after it annoy me.

I mean.

You-Have-To-Stop-Lady-Gaga-Gif.gif

Acid08

Banned
Getting a new laptop. Maybe now I'll be able to finally be able to play that hot new game, The Witcher 1, that's been sitting in my Steam account for years.

Windam

Scaley member
there's always multiple dark souls threads (now this bloodborne?) in the front page.

And it's always mentioned.

And this isn't just GAF either. It's everywhere -_-

I'm getting fatigue just hearing about it.

I tend to avoid those threads now. Any "PS4 exclusive" thread, really, because it'll all come back to BB. Had a much better time going through the Master Chief Collection thread. If there was one game worth owning an Xbone for... Halo 2 in HD. I hope it doesn't die after a week like Halo 4 did. I may get a Bone eventually, and I'll definitely want in on that multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom