• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Banned
Top post, bitches.

tumblr_inline_n6nk6mperU1r9fbtp.gif

Paradise Lost - Godless

NinjaBoiX

Enji Night, the cutest supergirl ever.

I love her
Haha, I thought you'd appreciate that Fex. It's a regular around these parts, happy gifs are cool.
I kid. I kid.
Pedo. :p

I just wanted an excuse to talk about her, I'm very sad.
Or on the roof. So good
Wut? Do you live in a shed? How do you hear it on the roof!

It sounds so class on a tent too, when you're all snuggled up in a sleeping bag. So cozy.
Oh lord, that ranking.

I just literally can't even.

Although it does sound like your are playing mostly for the campaign. Even then, complimenting Halo: Reach for being open and dynamic (and not Halo 3) and then consider Halo 4 to be the best campaign...
I don't know how 4 wasn't the best campaign. Faster, prettier, more diverse, better weapons, gorgeous cut scenes, a story I could actually give two fucks about, no flood, etc, etc.

Halo 2 and 3 were so dull man, those copy and paste environments just killed it for me. "Oh look, it's another covenant ship/base/installation. It just so happens that every room looks pretty much the same, how convenient. Wait, where have I seen that wall texture before? Oh yeah, everywhere."

I swear those games shared like 50 assets between them.
'e's 'avin' a laff with that ranking, m8.
Mint.

Wazzy

Banned
MM isn't as bad as the new games in the collect-o-thon crap,
but that's where Nintendo slowly started doing it.

MM, did it in a more classy way, that's for sure,
Though it started the downward slope of it.

Even the game after it, WW, had the horrible Triforce collect-o-thon.

This is coming from a Zelda fan, I just hate collecting, it feels lazy.
Give me another dungeon with puzzles instead.
Or just let me play the next part of the game, I don't care if the game is a few hours shorter.
MM did it the best and it's what later games should have followed.
Do you need a sugar daddy in FFXIV, girl? I'ma maybe buy a month either in an hour on impulse or after I get double fisted next Thursday

Nope I'm good. Have fun being Stephens sugar daddy!

NinjaBoiX

My old house had a tin roof. It was great. Can't hear it as well here which is sad
Oh yeah, like that movie "Hot Cat on a Tin Roof".

Wait...
It's all good. I used to have a bit of a fan crush on Cristina Scabbia and that Italian accent.
Haha, I'm really not that much of a fanboy, I just like to play it up for GAF. It's cool to have a "thing" innit.

I remember when I first met my BritGAF peeps, they were all like "I was expecting you to be a lot more weird, maybe with a Hayley tattoo on your face or something."

I'm pretty well adjusted really. Maybe.

MutFox

Banned
Also, regarding Zelda and the D. Souls series...
I feel as though they've influenced each other...

The combat system in Souls has obviously been influenced by the 3D Zelda's.
So I found it really cool that some combat mechanics in Skyward Sword felt influenced by Souls. :p

Turin

Banned
Haha, I'm really not that much of a fanboy, I just like to play it up for GAF. It's cool to have a "thing" innit.

I remember when I first met my BritGAF peeps, they were all like "I was expecting you to be a lot more weird, maybe with a Hayley tattoo on your face or something."

I hear ya there. I work with a dude at Lowes who insists on showing me cosplay pics in the lounge. I'm trying not to make judgments but a little more self respect would be nice.

I can confirm this. Guy is mint.

Oh, I believe it. Seems like a chill dude. And I'm still not sure what 'mint' or 'innit' exactly translates to.

image.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
3 is the pinnacle of Halo, sorry. Flash graphics maybe, but I never even completed 4's campaign, when I'd done countless legendary runs on the rest of the franchise.

Gameplay > Graphics mang.

edit: What the fuck.

Wazzy

Banned
3 is the pinnacle of Halo, sorry. Flash graphics maybe, but I never even completed 4's campaign, when I'd done countless legendary runs on the rest of the franchise.

QFT.

Online play was such a blast. Makes me want to go back to it.

NinjaBoiX

^ Haha, I actually got that posted about me before the first meet, Messofanego I think. "If you don't look like these I'll be disappointed" or something.

Good times.
I can confirm this. Guy is mint.
:D

We just clicked innit brah, top geez. We only chatted briefly in person, but it turns out we have a lot in common.

And that other Meat dude is pretty cool too. Love me some Meat.
I hear ya there. I work with a dude at Lowes who insists on showing me cosplay pics in the lounge. I'm trying not to make judgments but a little more self respect would be nice.
This dude I hang around with will occasionally pull out his phone and show me pictures of random girls he's taken in restaurants, supermarkets and such. Just really weird, creepy low angle shots of women, clearly taken on the sly under a table or something.

"She's hot right?"

ocPxCYg.jpg

Whatever makes you happy fella.

Yes! I don't agree with the Flash graphics though. I suppose the graphics themselves weren't very good (oooooooh, I am going to love the 1080P in the remaster though). But the campaign had a lot of huge areas, and you had a lot more things like dynamic lights than in Halo 4. And it has Theater Mode! Other games could learn something from that.

Not that I cared about the graphics too much. The multiplayer was incredible. Halo 2 is very good multiplayer-wise also, partly because of the amazing amount of maps, but I prefer 3 a lot. I didn't like Reach, and the maps sucks there except for some community ones and I barely even bothered with 4 because fuck that pos.

Chuckie

If it wasn't for the collect-o-thons,
Skyward Sword would probably be one of my favorite Zelda's.

I could never really get into Skyward Sword. I played it up untill I fought the end-boss...but lost once, put off my Wii and never played SS again.

WW on the other hand I am replaying again on the WiiU. I like it soooooo much more than SS.

NinjaBoiX

Very creepy.

Don't think I could be friends with someone like that.
He's not my pal, just someone who hangs out at ours for time to time. It's four lads living together, there are a lot of peeps passing in and out at any one time!
Yeah, boi! It's a shame you aren't down for the next meat meet. T-T
Yeah man, I'd love to come. Last summer's meet was so good!

But I'm so busy that weekend man. Helping my mate move down Wakefield Friday lunchtime, lads night out in Leeds Friday night, then driving across to Manchester with my stuff on Saturday, then Tune Yards at Gorilla on Saturday night. Then Sunday is the first proper day of graft with my bro!

Exciting times man.

Edit:Nice Turin, loving Lorde at the minute. White Teeth Teens is one of the best pop songs I've heard in years.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
He's not my pal, just someone who hangs out at ours for time to time. It's four lads living together, there are a lot of peeps passing in and out at any one time!

Yeah man, I'd love to come. Last summer's meet was so good!

But I'm so busy that weekend man. Helping my mate move down Wakefield Friday lunchtime, lads night out in Leeds Friday night, then driving across to Manchester with my stuff on Saturday, then Tune Yards at Gorilla on Saturday night. Then Sunday is the first proper day of graft with my bro!

Exciting times man.

Such busy! Fair enough. Always next time, squire!

NinjaBoiX

Glory & Gore is so mint:

"Delicate in every way but one (the swordplay)
God knows we like archaic kinds of fun (the old way)"

Her writing belies her age, blows my mind that she wrote Pure Heroine when she was 15.

Then Tennis Court, 400 Lux, Buzzcut Season, basically the whole record bar Still Sane. It's a bit dull. I adore World Alone too, it's so honest and heartfelt.
Such busy! Fair enough. Always next time, squire!
Yeah, I'm coming to the September meet. Not doing Eurogamer though, I was bored to tears after an hour last time.

NinjaBoiX

If there were more stuff like that I probably wouldn't dread the pop stations so much when someone puts them on. -_-
There is some great stuff if you know where to look, not all pop is bland, toothless, homogenised swill.

Any genre can have gems buried amongst the shite, even metal and dancehall.

Well maybe not dancehall...

Turin

Banned
I actually can't really listen to the metal stations these days either. >_>

The station Lithium is where it's at for me.

Acid08

Banned
LttP was indeed fucking awesome.

Personally I can't really chose my favorite Zelda. It constantly changes.

Top 3 In chronological order

A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
For sure, the Zelda rankings always change. For me favorites are:

Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
A Link Between Worlds

Honorable mention to OoT 3D. The original is such a shitty looking mess now, the remake was so good.

Turin

Banned
I couldn't play with a spider like that. o.o That girl has balls(figuratively speaking).

I never played Link to the Past. Or beat Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. I'm filthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom