• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Poet

Banned
It doesn't matter, I don't even know what show we're talking about :/

I dont know either.

tumblr_m0kapozBUw1qfu47lo2_250.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, don't you think I'm creepy enough? Don't encourage me!

I might...

That's what Facebook is for, breh. Would I've gotten where I am now if I would have thought "nah that's kinda creepy"? WELL?

NinjaBoiX

That's what Facebook is for, breh. Would I've gotten where I am now if I would have thought "nah that's kinda creepy"? WELL?
Haha, you make a compelling argument Timo.

Maybe I'll come over and hang out with you and Lisa in Germany sometime and you can invite her out for a double date. Creeping in person is usually much more fruitful.

Also, I have the house sorted in Manchester now, you guys better not renage on your plan to come visit. Free lodging yo. It'll be fun!
I don't watch the 100 but who would I be?
Number 37.

(I don't know what The 100 is.)

And yeah, I probably posted too many gifs on the previous page. Sometimes my PopGAF half takes over. I can't help it.

I will NAWT let it be said that all PopGAF does is post gifs tho. Because that is factually inaccurate. There are plenty of text only posts in that thread AT THIS VERY MOMENT.
You Know Nothing is totally Finn because he's like my second half.

Not Finn sharing my surname too.

The_Poet

Banned
So, here I am slowly Waiting,
Glance over at the clock,
And I'm sitting here debating,
Is it me, it does mock?

For the hands are ever shaking,
And the mind shall lose its way,
And the heart must pause its aching,
For the end of the day.

Though the night will soon be over,
And the job returns too soon,
I will wish upon my clover
For forever in this noon.

~the_poet

Inspired by my boredom today

MutFox

Banned
Morning Peeps!
World Cup starting up!

Hmmm... This Italy game, not sure which team I want to win.
Costa Rica making it through would be pretty interesting, as no one would have predicted that.

NinjaBoiX

Rob, the house is in Old Trafford near the cricket ground. Really close to town too.

So guys, who is good at logic problems? I need your help.

I live with three other guys. When we moved in, we all chipped in an equal amount to everything in the house, 25% each. Now we are all going our separate ways we are selling all of the stuff. Two of the guys are moving in somewhere else together (Glen and Pats) so they may buy some of the stuff. Herein lies the problem:

I'm of the opinion that currently we are all effectively at zero as far as investment in the stuff goes. We've all paid the same amount, so we basically cancel each other out. But:

Say for example Glen and Pats pay £100 for something we paid £200 for a year ago (friend prices), they get to take the goods in question, and me and the other guy (Lee) take £50 each. This sounds logical to me. But Glen is of the opinion that him and Pats should only pay half of that (£50) because they've paid half of it initially. I don't get it, that makes no sense.

They'd only get their initial investment back if we sold it to a third party right? The fact that they get to take the goods covers their input on the initial investment. Right? Have I got myself confused?

Help me out here guys, my brain is shredded.

Also, Timo:

h746366C5

:p

The_Poet

Banned
This is like one of those GCSE maths problems where some kid needs to buy 38 watermelons. Who needs that many watermelons?!

You should get your investment back

TrueGrime

You need to agree to a fair split all ways Ninj or it's going to get downright fucking confusing. You're all friends, right? Equal split period.

Rob, the house is in Old Trafford near the cricket ground. Really close to town too.

So guys, who is good at logic problems? I need your help.

I live with three other guys. When we moved in, we all chipped in an equal amount to everything in the house, 25% each. Now we are all going our separate ways we are selling all of the stuff. Two of the guys are moving in somewhere else together (Glen and Pats) so they may buy some of the stuff. Herein lies the problem:

I'm of the opinion that currently we are all effectively at zero as far as investment in the stuff goes. We've all paid the same amount, so we basically cancel each other out. But:

Say for example Glen and Pats pay £100 for something we paid £200 for a year ago (friend prices), they get to take the goods in question, and me and the other guy (Lee) take £50 each. This sounds logical to me. But Glen is of the opinion that him and Pats should only pay half of that (£50) because they've paid half of it initially. I don't get it, that makes no sense.

They'd only get their initial investment back if we sold it to a third party right? The fact that they get to take the goods covers their input on the initial investment. Right? Have I got myself confused?

Help me out here guys, my brain is shredded.

Well now I'm confused, because I always thought Old Trafford was pretty far from the town centre. Barely ever went there though, so *shrug*

Also an extra £50 each from them makes sense mathematically to me

100% ownership = £200
25% ownership = £50 (current situation)
50% ownership = £100 (proposed situation)
They already have 25% ownership, so they owe £50 as it's only 2 people owning it now and therefore 50% ownership.

NinjaBoiX

Right guys, I have it sussed in my head now. You have solved the conundrum.

You all get a cookie.

(Thanks, that makes sense. Rob's systematic breakdown dropped the penny so to speak.)

Danke!

zeemumu

Staring at oversized food (like that huge pizza) or extremely greasy food makes me a little sick. Once I managed to get sick enough to not eat anything resembling a burger for a full year.

G-Fex

craziest dream last night. Coming home, Someone moved out of the shadows right behind me, grabbed my shoulder and I turned around real quick in panic but also turned around in real life in bed, that's how I woke up. Really weird. 2spooky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom