• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
im stuck at asscreed rev... cuz completionist :x i wanna get to ac4 but have to finish assrev and assbro and only then, maybe can get to ac4

:x fail

ffffff its so cold and rainy today here :<

FREE STUFF? WHERE

Turin

Banned
No, AssCreed3 is legitimately bad. The Ezio Trilogy™ is godlike though.

ZKKMe9J.gif

Offtopic but if I could have a talking raccoon pet I so would.

What's #4 like? The only thing I really liked about the third one was the ship battles lol

What's #4 like? The only thing I really liked about the third one was the ship battles lol

Well then you're in luck, because there are SO MANY SHIP ACTIVITIES

the story is bland as expected but it's really pretty (especially on the superior PS4) and it's really fun overall

Well then you're in luck, because there are SO MANY SHIP ACTIVITIES

the story is bland as expected but it's really pretty (especially on the superior PS4) and it's really fun overall

Interest levels rising!

Didn't Brotherhood add the ability to call in arrow strikes and stuff? Made it possible to sleep past everything.

If AC3 is bad then AC2 is dog shit and that's just not true. :)

AC3 is AC2 transposed into an inferior, less interesting setting, features a less likeable main character, adds even more irritating busywork for you to complete on the side but failing to address the serious core mechanics flaws that AC2 had.

Toa TAK

Banned
AC3 is AC2 transposed into an inferior, less interesting setting, features a less likeable main character, adds even more irritating busywork for you to complete on the side but failing to address the serious core mechanics flaws that AC2 had.

That's preference dude. Connor was a nice shake up from Ezio, and I really liked colonial America.

But yeah, busy work and ignoring AC2's pitfalls I can agree with.

Turin

Banned

I rather enjoyed the setting even though it was a little hollow. I liked Connor whereas I was completely indifferent to Ezio. I don't recall the busywork but I enjoyed the Homestead missions. Assassin's Creed has always been a clumsy series gameplay wise. You either take it or leave it.

Toa TAK

Banned
I rather enjoyed the setting even though it was a little hollow. I liked Connor whereas I was completely indifferent to Ezio. I don't recall the busywork but I enjoyed the Homestead missions. Assassin's Creed has always been a clumsy series gameplay wise.

It's a clumsy series period, but I can't help but be in love with it.

Homestead missions <3
Is there actually a more disappointing annual franchise than either CoD or AssCreed?

I remember being offput by COD for the first time when Ghosts came out. Not really into AW either.

That's preference dude. Connor was a nice shake up from Ezio, and I really liked colonial America.

But yeah, busy work and ignoring AC2's pitfalls I can agree with.

Connor was shit. SHIT. And AC3 was also a buggy mess of a game. At least I never had to reset my system when playing any of the AC2 games.
Is there actually a more disappointing annual franchise than either CoD or AssCreed?

The WWE games.

I think the setting is interesting. But I agree with you on the rest.

Forget the politics and story stuff, colonial America doesn't have the same kind of awe inspiring classical cities filled with beautiful architecture and rich history that the previous European and Asian settings had. Had that only been a portion of the game, I would have probably said that wilderness and smaller cities were an interesting change for the series, but the game really loses something by totally going in that direction.

Turin

Banned
Forget the politics and story stuff, colonial America doesn't have the same kind of awe inspiring classical cities filled with beautiful architecture and rich history that the previous European and Asian settings had. Had that only been a portion of the game, I would have probably said that wilderness and smaller cities were an interesting change for the series, but the game really loses something by totally going in that direction.

I'll agree with you there. I really wasn't thinking of the era as much as the frontier/homestead. I really liked ambushing soldiers in the snowy night. <3

Toa TAK

Banned
Connor was shit. SHIT. And AC3 was also a buggy mess of a game. At least I never had to reset my system when playing any of the AC2 games.
Buggy? Yeah. But Connor wasn't shit. He felt more like a human being as opposed to Ezio who just felt like the guy everyone wanted to be. =\
Oh you're right. I forgot Madden exists.
People actually play those games?

I disagree, but that just may tie into the history/politics of it. As someone who's been taught about the American Revolution for as long as they can remember, it was really great to play with it in an interactive environment. Sure, living in VA I did a lot of that in real life with museums or historical Jamestown and so forth, but it felt like a goddamn treat to play in a reconstructed New York and Boston.

That's great to hear, Weds is beer pong tourney night here!

I've seen Champloo but I haven't seen Sherlock....something about the main dude bothers me. Think it's his face lol.

Turin

Banned
That's great to hear, Weds is beer pong tourney night here!

I've seen Champloo but I haven't seen Sherlock....something about the main dude bothers me. Think it's his face lol.

Hah. Jake thinks he looks more alien than human. I like Cumberbatch though. The show's a fun comedy.

zeemumu

What about Once Upon a Time? It's like Fables, if you've ever read any of that comic series. Honestly it took me a while to be sold on it, but so far I'm really liking the way that they modify the old fairy tales. They just put season 3 up on Netflix so you can catch up before Season 4 starts in a few weeks.

What about Once Upon a Time? It's like Fables, if you've ever read any of that comic series. Honestly it took me a while to be sold on it, but so far I'm really liking the way that they modify the old fairy tales. They just put season 3 up on Netflix so you can catch up before Season 4 starts in a few weeks.

Don't do this

zeemumu

Don't do this

But Once Upon a Time though. It's at least entertaining. There's also The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, Hannibal, Adventure Time, and Sleepy Hollow.

You will be spending a majority of your time in #4 on the ship doing pirate battles. They're infinitely better than the actual story.

Don't forget to collect those sea shanties.

LOOOOWLAND! LOOWLAAAANDS AWAAAAAAAAAY!

Classes start next week. I'm pretty hyped about it.

zeemumu

OUaT is the ultimate fan service offender

And this is coming from me of all people

Are you saying that because of Frozen? Because it's under at network that's owned by Disney, which is why it leans so much towards Disney instead of general fairy tales. Either way, I found it to be a pretty enjoyable show, minus some pretty laughable CGI and one extremely annoying child actor who they made the main focus of a few seasons. It's by no means a masterpiece, but it's at least entertaining. Maybe it's because I'm a fan of Disney stuff? I don't know. But I like the plot and the villains don't feel one-dimensional. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is a different story. I pretty much skipped that spinoff series altogether because it was just to obsessive on its love story. Imagine if the full extent of Katniss' character development revolved around finding Peeta, not because she promised to keep him alive, but just for her, and that's it. No family. No Gale. No rebellion. It would make her little more than a more active Bella and The Hunger Games would be deemed unwatchable to me.That was Alice, and that was why I couldn't keep up with the spinoff series.

On a side note I can't take any scene with Gale or Peeta seriously. Peeta's because I watched Zathura and Gale because of Miley Cyrus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom