• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

I watch it pretty often. I actually think I'm going to watch it when I get home. My friend is a super fan of that movie. That's why I'm making her the scary teddy from the movie as a present. It keeps me busy and learning to sew is a useful skill.

I don't really want to spend much more than $200, but a bit extra is fine. I'd like it to run DirectX 12. I'm upgrading from a 9800GT.

760 will be a ludicrous upgrade over that, but if you can hold out a few weeks there may be something good around the corner. I'm now pretty worried about what your CPU, mobo/RAM etc is though...

LuffyZoro

760 will be a ludicrous upgrade over that, but if you can hold out a few weeks there may be something good around the corner. I'm now pretty worried about what your CPU, mobo/RAM etc is though...

It's actually a plan for Christmas, so no worries on waiting. I just upgraded everything else a few months ago. I've got 8GB of RAM and a 3.2GHz i5 Quad.

Hopefully it makes people in this country realize that healthcare is a basic human right and not a privilege.

That's one good thing that could come from this relatively minor Ebola outbreak in the US.

Cuphead

Banned
It's a cool game with a neat story I just dread the gameplay.

-The enemies are way too spongey, yes there are stealth kills, but I don't want to spend all day crouching (there are a lot of zombies at a time) The fact that headshots are a gamble is not cool considering how many bullets these guys take to kill.

-Another reason I have issues with combat are the uncomfortable controls. The aiming is slow but unsteady. Yes you can upgrade your "aim" but even after this aiming steadily is still an issue.

-The story is interesting, on par with a typical Resident Evil. Except the characters aren't as good as keeping my attention. You play a serious character in a not so serious world.

-It looks fantastic. When it is running smoothly. Which is not as often as I'd like. Huge detailed vistas are present however I cannot discern this detail due to jaggy motion and fuzzy textures during performance drops. These drops are way too often.

-the enemies look awesome. Especially the "special" ones. The main characters face is super detailed and interesting to look at.

-The box is neat. It has a slipcover and it's one of those holographic magic shits. Cool cover too. Brains and chainz.

-One of the most rewarding parts of experiencing this game is discovering the booklet. This is an OG booklet. I'm talkin Nintendo quality here. Some serious bulk to this booklet, full color too dawg. Glossy baby.

-Disc is good too. Color. Classic disc.

I only played half the game so take this with a grain of bath salt.

Despite my issues I'd give this game 4 Cups out of 5

Cuphead

Banned
WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL~

The gameplay sounds quite Last of Us to me tbh. Although, more frustrating.

I like the combat in Last of Us compared to this.
In LoU each encounter feels slightly tactical, fun, and varied.
In TeW every encounter is just another headache.

I've heard bad things but I'd like to see this Purdy game running smoothly.

If you're happy at the 30fps cap, it will run 100% smoothly on a mid-range video card from a year or two ago. Trying to run at consistent 60 is seemingly impossible even on outrageously powerful hardware, devs say they're looking into it. Oh well, on my rig I'm downsampling so I get pretty amazing image quality.

PS4 version has framedrops even with the 30 cap unfortunately.

How's Isolation?

Aight. Haven't got that far into either of em.

zeemumu

Cuphead, the enemies are supposed to be bullet sponges because you weren't supposed to kill all of them with conventional combat. You should either run or outsmart them.

Toa TAK

Banned
Cuphead, the enemies are supposed to be bullet sponges because you weren't supposed to kill all of them with conventional combat. You should either run or outsmart them.
Not me, I killed every mofo in level 3. Last thing I need is to be caught off guard by some douche with an axe.

image.php

tumblr_n6hj1yYH7J1qal0zgo3_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom