• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think it's possible to have friends who say and think dumb shit as long as they don't take it too far around you.

I can have a few drinks or play some games with people who are going to vote for people I loathe. As long as those heavier topics never come up, we can talk about lighter stuff and get along just fine. *Shrug*

marrec

Banned
In Float's defense, this woman clearly has judgement issues if she's letting Jobbs slobber all over her taint.

zing.

8fESqVh.gif

Jobbs

Banned
^ lol

wow okay. she really doesn't seem too bright on the political correctness side.

I have a "cool" sense. I can talk about corpse fucking in the right context but I sorta know what's not cool to say. She has something missing.

She seems like a generally nice person (freely admitting that people early in relationships might be totally fake) but sometimes she says things that just aren't cool.

FloatOn

In Float's defense, this woman clearly has judgement issues if she's letting Jobbs slobber all over her taint.

zing.

lawl

I get that people change but more often than not it's won't be because the SO says so. They have to want it for themselves and if something like this just casually slips out then clearly this has been her line of thinking for a long time. Therefore, I would cut it off at this early stage rather than hope she has some kind of revelation later about the error of her ways.

Jobbs

Banned
lawl

I get that people change but more often than not it's won't be because the SO says so. They have to want it for themselves and if something like this just casually slips out then clearly this has been her line of thinking for a long time. Therefore, I would cut it off at this early stage rather than hope she has some kind of revelation later about the error of her ways.

she's fun though... if you know what I mean

SEE THE CONUNDRUM?

Halcyon

sex is easy enough to acquire

being around someone that is hateful is a pretty gross side effect

he didn't say she spit on these workers. Heck for all we know they could be contractors for the Lahzee Black Fence Co.

That could explain the whole thing.

Misha

Banned
I think it's possible to have friends who say and think dumb shit as long as they don't take it too far around you.

I can have a few drinks or play some games with people who are going to vote for people I loathe. As long as those heavier topics never come up, we can talk about lighter stuff and get along just fine. *Shrug*

I can't deal with someone who doesn't respect other human beings even if they try to go for "tolerance" and keeps it to themselves

now theres a huge middle ground where they're just idiots who never learned nuance past elementary school. those types of people i can deal with sometimes but they're definitely on a short leash in my eyes

well if you hold out for someone who's perfect and doesn't do anything wrong then you're never going to find someone. Being in a relationship means compromise, it means accepting someone's flaws and hoping they'll accept yours.

Personal bias makes us see others' flaws as bigger and worse than our own but this isn't always the case. Also, people change. Maybe not immediately. Not overnight. But they can and they will if someone they care about encourages or models the change.

Jobbs

Banned
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: the shrug was to fucking a hitler clone, not to lili's thing, she kinda ruined it with her timing

just make sure if she starts talking about how she's "unfiltered" or that you have to have "thick skin" to be around her, run

both times I mentioned my objection she backed away and said she meant nothing by it, but I still feel strange about someone who blurts that kind of thing out

Misha

Banned
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

just make sure if she starts talking about how she's "unfiltered" or that you have to have "thick skin" to be around her, run
both times I mentioned my objection she backed away and said she meant nothing by it, but I still feel strange about someone who blurts that kind of thing out

then I'd take it as a warning but give her the benefit of the doubt for now. (imo)

zeemumu

I+think+she+might+have+been+a+racist+_1b33feba12cc8ee87b8b698da3b9762f.gif

well if you hold out for someone who's perfect and doesn't do anything wrong then you're never going to find someone. Being in a relationship means compromise, it means accepting someone's flaws and hoping they'll accept yours.

Personal bias makes us see others' flaws as bigger and worse than our own but this isn't always the case. Also, people change. Maybe not immediately. Not overnight. But they can and they will if someone they care about encourages or models the change.

Yeah but don't budge if the flaw is racism. That's not an area for compromise.

Misha

Banned
an interesting question is do you give the same standard if they use a slur that fits your group as you would if it applied to other people?
personally i think its easier to take when its targeted at other people so it doesn't hurt as much to give them leeway to improving and if it fit me i wouldn't be comfortable with knowing how they potentially felt about me

(general here. not talking about that case)

why do people tell other people they look tired? the tired person probaby knows he/she is tired. and it's not changing that fact.
#stopsleepyshaming

marrec

Banned

I regularly get flack for this, but "racism" is a spectrum disorder that isn't always the evil caricature we imagine it to be on the internet.

Jobbs' lil' Hitler may just be influenced by her upbringing and environment to say "lazy (ethnicity) person" without ever having thought of the deeper connotations of that turn of phrase. Most people, at some people in their upbringing, are faced with societal racism or oppression and unless there is someone there to guide their judgement or their perception of it it's likely that they will be influenced negatively.

Of course, if you then say, "lazy black person? doesn't that create a negative connection that isn't needed? why not just say "lazy fucking person" or "lazy man person" " and they double down... that's a more fair judge of their character than a single turn of phrase said without much thought.

The best way to fight and cure the disease of mindless casual racism is through careful education and helpful actions rather than all out ostracization.

Many people don't agree with me though.

FloatOn

exactly this.

also I understand not holding out for perfection but I think it is dangerous to be too quick to accept others flaws for sake of making a relationship work.

I compromised and tricked myself into thinking the red flags about my ex-wife were no big deal. They were a big deal and they blew up in my face. Never again.

Jobbs

Banned
exactly this.

also I understand not holding out for perfection but I think it is dangerous to be too quick to accept others flaws for sake of making a relationship work.

I compromised and tricked myself into thinking the red flags about my ex-wife were no big deal. They were a big deal and they blew up in my face. Never again.

I'm just looking to corpsefuck, not get married ffs

#endcorpsefuckingshaming

Chuckie

exactly this.

So true. Happened to me too. Not a wife but a gf fortunately.

zeemumu

I killed
Dragonslayer Armor
in DS3, then proceeded to die further into the level and left 89,000 souls on a roof in a building guarded by candle men, several flying gargoyle things, and big hat assassins with firebombs. And ghost hands.

Shit...

I killed
Dragonslayer Armor
in DS3, then proceeded to die further into the level and left 89,000 souls on a roof in a building guarded by candle men, several flying gargoyle things, and big hat assassins with firebombs. And ghost hands.

Say farewell to those 89k souls.

marrec

Banned
I killed
Dragonslayer Armor

Shit...

Just go fucking get it don't be a wiener.

Chuckie

I killed
Dragonslayer Armor

Shit...

Shouldn't you return to the 'hub' once you killed a big mofo? I think I used to do that in Demons Souls

zeemumu

Shouldn't you return to the 'hub' once you killed a big mofo? I think I used to do that in Demons Souls

Those souls weren't from the boss. Those were from me systematically killing every enemy in the area every time I went through

marrec

Banned
Happy 420!

Co-worker invited me to her house after to chill/420.
She even baked edibles... :p

That's it, this is where I draw the line, you fuckers are getting too much play can you PLEASE think of those of us on a dry spell rn its really triggering me

Halcyon

I don't live in a world where it would be okay for my SO to go to some dude's house, smoke weed, and hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom