• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
Someone should start tracking a list of highlight posts and saving them for a directory of awesome posts later

I would but I don't think I'm ready for that kind of commitment

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Happy 420!

Co-worker invited me to her house after to chill/420.
She even baked edibles... :p
Heh heh. Baked.

I don't know which date I hate more. This one (with the added factor of also being Hitler's birthday), or the 4th of May because of the absolute worst pun of all time.

Halcyon

some people just can't recognize brilliance when they see it smh

terminator-2-smileedited-mep3gbehr7zf6dz0zwxmcd2skwbjlgvs2jfme4y9ds.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
how come when it's time for a woman to no longer be a victim and go be proactive that often means wearing a hoodie with the hood up

I've noticed this in tv/movies

I'm doing a presentation on critical theory in games at another university next month and my friend just showed me the flyer I'm featured on. feels good man! all that stupid writing and thinking is slowly paying off. I hope it won't be a total disaster. :S how do I do public speaking?

Halcyon

I'm doing a presentation on critical theory in games at another university next month and my friend just showed me the flyer I'm featured on. feels good man! all that stupid writing and thinking is slowly paying off. I hope it won't be a total disaster. :S how do I do public speaking?

Get naked when talking about dreams in public to reduce stress.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Someone should start tracking a list of highlight posts and saving them for a directory of awesome posts later

I would but I don't think I'm ready for that kind of commitment

Someone should build an algorithm that rates posts on their cleverness. Then automatically saves the ones with high CleverScores™ into a FakeGAF database of highlight posts.

That way no one has to worry about commitment. Especially Jobbs.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Convince yourself that whatever you say is 100% true and flawless and amazing. Believe that people want to hear you speak.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Every game should have Groovietron

You go there on the stage and do with presentation. Simple as that.

I had my college diploma presentation public in front of almost 60 people and I mastered it without any nervous moments, because I knew what I was talking about. And made it interesting to listeners, not just fact after fact... and yes, there will be people in the crowd, that will do everything else, just try to ignore them and get a focus point in several people in the crowd - move your view around and try to be as relaxed as possible

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Imagine that the audience is in their underwear and then get uncomfortably aroused when you see the mounty in the far back who won't stop looking at you.

Jobbs

Banned

Congrats on the sex game critical theory presentation!

good advice peepz, thanks! nakedness and underwear seem to be key. and yes, I probably should not worry about being nervous and focus on making it interesting for others instead. boring presentations feel like dying, I remember that myself.

Imagine that the audience is in their underwear and then get uncomfortably aroused when you see the mounty in the far back who won't stop looking at you.

but he's still wearing the hat, right? *o*

The Bart, the.

But seriously, nerves are always gonna be there. The point is if you know your shit or not. If you know your shit, those are going to trump nerves, because at the end of the day, you know what you are talking about and these people are here, regardless of reason, to listen to you.

All i've done while i've been out and about, is stare into the horizon and having shitty Incubus songs play in my head.

Being in back pain and having a headache at the same time, all the while running on 2-4 hours of sleep.

Misha

Banned
Someone should build an algorithm that rates posts on their cleverness. Then automatically saves the ones with high CleverScores™ into a FakeGAF database of highlight posts.

That way no one has to worry about commitment. Especially Jobbs.

J1ars8z.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
shit. my buddy just told me an expert on the topic will be present :x I mean, I read my shit and all but I didn't major in politics.
But you are an expert. ;) Don't let him intimidate you.

OH MY GOD
I ate it already so no pics but it was essentially this

Orange-Chicken-and-Vegetable-Stir-Fry.jpg

Chicken, broccoli, chinese hot sauce

But you are an expert. ;) Don't let him intimidate you.

yes. I will need my power point to look so expert to fool everyone. maybe I should also wear glasses and elbow patch blazers.
I misunderstood though...apparently she's only been invited to be in the audience cuz they thought it might interest her. that's kinda cool.

SolVanderlyn

Glasses?

Go in looking like this

image.php

And wear a suit too

All the people interested in games will be like "wow, she's cool" and the professional experts will be like "ehhh" and then you start talking and they'll be like "wow, she understands how to be cool AND game theory" and you win over everyone!

Don't take my advice. It's terrible

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Here's some film critical theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deSRpSn8Pyk

This sucks and they completely pillaged a classic because movie going audiences are fucking vapid and deserve this slop
Meh. They already did that when they remade it the first time. *wink wink*

And then the second time.

A_Bug%27s_Life.jpg

But this looks like fun. And I don't really have a problem with remakes if they can tell something from a different perspective, improve upon the source, or letting an auteur put their strengths to it. From the looks of things, this seems to be of the third category. But regardless, it being a Western, it'll be hard sell in this day and age. The only exception seems to be Django Unchained, and even then, that success didn't carry over onto The Hateful Eight.

Holy crap!

Fucking NHL dropped the hammer on the Blackhawks player that yelled that homophobic slur at the ref last night.

He got suspended one game, which is if the Blackhawks lose that game, their season and playoff run are done for the year.

Wow!

Go trab Go!

Dunk on some nerds!!
I will!
Glasses?

Go in looking like this

image.php

And wear a suit too

All the people interested in games will be like "wow, she's cool" and the professional experts will be like "ehhh" and then you start talking and they'll be like "wow, she understands how to be cool AND game theory" and you win over everyone!

Don't take my advice. It's terrible

sounded like great advice until you said it's terrible :/

Jobbs

Banned
I've really really REALLY been wanting to watch Aliens again lately (haven't seen it in a few years) and I think we're going to watch it late tonight! me and the racist

Misha

Banned
Holy crap!

Fucking NHL dropped the hammer on the Blackhawks player that yelled that homophobic slur at the ref last night.

He got suspended one game, which is if the Blackhawks lose that game, their season and playoff run are done for the year.

Wow!

Trying my hardest not to read reactions. Sports people are incredibly backwards when it comes to pretty much everything.

Lucky for the hawks though he isn't anyone important. They wont miss him much

Trying my hardest not to read reactions. Sports people are incredibly backwards when it comes to pretty much everything.

Lucky for the hawks though he isn't anyone important. They wont miss him much

I'am still shocked that the Blues beat the BlackHawks last night :0

What is happening to this country when our athletes can't openly shit on the queers anymore?

#Trump2016

I've really really REALLY been wanting to watch Aliens again lately (haven't seen it in a few years) and I think we're going to watch it late tonight! me and the racist

If she mentions Trump positively, you should probably bail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom