• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
got up early
go to dentist
dentist changed the appointment.

now instead of actually working on my game i'm going to sleep
you know because it'll just debug itself and may 9th isn't close

zeemumu

I do remember the thread arguing whether he was a more evil villain than Man(I think the movie was Bambi).

From Frollo's perspective, he's doing the Lord's work. He considers gypsies to be physical embodiments of sin and corruption, so by wiping them all out he thinks that it'll make him the good guy. The only reason Quasimodo's still alive is because a priest told Frollo that throwing a baby down a well after murdering its mother on the steps of a cathedral might be morally wrong. Consequently he'd be willing to throw out the entire crusade if Esmeralda sleeps with him, but since she won't he resolves to remove the distraction. That's what Hellfire is about. He's struggling with the pressing moral dilemma of falling for Esmeralda versus killing all gypsies.

we really should be talking about how dr horrible is the best thing joss whedon has ever done

All I remember from that is Bad Horse

The reaver home planet from the movie is my old high school. Even before I started going there I used to use the track to jog. They were filming on one of those days and I got to see the set. I hadn't watched Firefly yet though so the experience was wasted on me.

Misha

Banned

tumblr_inline_nhelqfQfTS1s159p3.gif

good but overrated

marrec

Banned
I feel so uncultured being harrumphed at like that

Was listening to "The Proud Tower" by Barbara Tuchmann and she dedicated a chapter to describing the English aristocracy of late 19th century England and it was hilarious in how caricatured they were.

Like, I dated an English girl once who described her mother as only being able to show affection for "large horses and small dogs" and here's Barbara Tuchmann going into detail about how much love the aristocracy had for their horses and dogs in time period and I couldn't help but laugh.

What a fascinating time period.

Halcyon

I'm not feeling very interesting today.

I have to do some shit after work that I don't feel like doing and it's making me salty.

Numb

Was listening to "The Proud Tower" by Barbara Tuchmann and she dedicated a chapter to describing the English aristocracy of late 19th century England and it was hilarious in how caricatured they were.

Like, I dated an English girl once who described her mother as only being able to show affection for "large horses and small dogs" and here's Barbara Tuchmann going into detail about how much love the aristocracy had for their horses and dogs in time period and I couldn't help but laugh.

What a fascinating time period.

On the chinese xianxia/wuxia novel side of things

Guys so cocky and high and mighty they are harrumphing all over the place and murdering entire peasant families/clans just cos of them walking infront of them in the street or not bowing

Also anyone liked Angel?

Misha

Banned
I think after the NHL playoffs are done i might go back to kuvira

also adam baldwin partially ruins my enjoyment of firely when i try to go back to it now.

Turin

Banned
From Frollo's perspective, he's doing the Lord's work. He considers gypsies to be physical embodiments of sin and corruption, so by wiping them all out he thinks that it'll make him the good guy. The only reason Quasimodo's still alive is because a priest told Frollo that throwing a baby down a well after murdering its mother on the steps of a cathedral might be morally wrong. Consequently he'd be willing to throw out the entire crusade if Esmeralda sleeps with him, but since she won't he resolves to remove the distraction. That's what Hellfire is about. He's struggling with the pressing moral dilemma of falling for Esmeralda versus killing all gypsies.

I8gj7tP.gif

FloatOn

it means the general consensus is more positive/less positive than you believe it should be

for example: BvS is underrated and TFA is overrated

I thnk the second you start letting others influence your opinion, the integrity of your opinion falters.

People shouldn't have to justify their opinion as it relates to general consensus.

Misha

Banned
I thnk the second you start letting others influence your opinion, the integrity of your opinion falters.

People shouldn't have to justify their opinion as it relates to general consensus.

I don't really see how any of that applies. it just gives a basic measuring stick so others can see where your opinion lies relative to everyone else
also they're dumb and i'm even smarter than marrec who is the second smartest person in the room

FloatOn

I don't really see how any of that applies. it just gives a basic measuring stick so others can see where your opinion lies relative to everyone else
also they're dumb and i'm even smarter than marrec who is the second smartest person in the room

"this thing sucks because _______" or "this thing rules because ______" should be enough I would think

saying that "the general consensus says ____ but I think ______" just makes you look contrarian

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Med board results in. Not as bad as it could have gone

Navy deemed me mentally unfit for full duty but recovrrable. I'm being reassigned to shore duty (like a new command not on water), and I am not allowed to carry weapons or work more than 8 hours a day or stand watch for 6 months.

TL;DR Navysays I am officially a psycho bitch and are giving me a summer vacation.

marrec

Banned
Marrec loves him some Ginger Spice.

I ain't gunna lie, dated a red head once and it stuck with me.

Navy deemed me mentally unfit for full duty but recovrrable. I'm being reassigned to shore duty (like a new command not on water), and I am not allowed to carry weapons or work more than 8 hours a day or stand watch for 6 months.

TL;DR Navysays I am officially a psycho bitch and are giving me a summer vacation.

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as it could have gone.

Are you looking forward to the reassignment?

zeemumu

How do the tests that determine mental stability work in the military?

picture is invalid. doesn't include me.

I'm taking my ball and going home.

I haven't found a decent group shot picture from a comic or game that works yet.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Coworker called me that he is sick and he won't come to work for the remaining of the week. I will probably left my arms and back in the store tomorrow. At least weather forecast is bad, which means less work - majority of customers have bars/pubs/restaurants and bad weather means less tourists and visitors

Well, at least it is recoverable ;)

Halcyon

Has this been related to an incident of some kind or was this a routine checkup.

Did you shit in the superior officer's bed.

Misha

Banned
"this thing sucks because _______" or "this thing rules because ______" should be enough I would think

saying that "the general consensus says ____ but I think ______" just makes you look contrarian

well you'll be glad to hear that i don't care if it makes me look like a contrarian

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I ain't gunna lie, dated a red head once and it stuck with me.

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as it could have gone.

Are you looking forward to the reassignment?
I don't know. It depends on what I amean doing. I have no clue what I can do that doesn't involve weapons or electronics.
How do the tests that determine mental stability work in the military?
So annually you complete PHA (periodic health assessment) and after deployment you complete PDHRA (post deployment health reassessment). There is a battery of tests done testing your cognitive ability, reasoning, reaction times, etc as well as sessions with psychotherapists, psychiatrists and psychologists where they assess your mental health. Once everything is looked at by your treatment team they determine how far you are off the baseline or not and how best to treat you. For me they decided I needed something lower stress for a bit

marrec

Banned
I don't know. It depends on what I amean doing. I have no clue what I can do that doesn't involve weapons or electronics.

Knew someone who was given a similar order after a medical evaluation and they just forgot about him for the next 9 months while still paying him. He just had to show up for regular evaluations in order to keep his paycheck coming in.

Sounds awful tbh.

boyfriend flies home tonight and I get to pick him up from the airport after work :D
tumblr_ngj63sVrd71rdya40o1_1280.gif

Don't bring bae into this you filthy non-nocturnal

Your highness, they have created a word for such an occasion. It may please you to know that this word is diurnal.

Agree. That's why it should only be used in the context of stating an opinion and, like you said, trying to appear contrarian. If you can't also explain what causes your opinion to disagree with others' then there's really no point for you to have shared it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom