• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you. Right now I'm involved in an interesting project and I've run into countless issues because many of my providers source the cheapest crap from China.

Granted, China also makes high end electronics, but suppliers in this particular line of business just tend to rebrand some noname garbage as their own and call it a day. It's mental. I'm talking about very simple, relatively cheap but essential components that cannot be trusted unless you know the real source. And don't get me started with things like custom, small scale injection molding or circuit printing. Utter fucking madness.

I ended up buying 90% of the pieces from local manufacturers at a 20% premium or so. I'm happy to support local business -specially since they happen to sell better quality products and I can phone them right away if something turns out wrong-, but there are so many suppliers peddling absolute garbage imported in bulk from Alibaba.

Ow. My symphaties. I've run into that situation many times working with American companies since American accounting/taxing is some veritable lolstuff, but I thought that German employers wouldn't fuck it up that bad. Raise hell. Demand a full payment ASAP or there will be a next time.
lol yeah Germans can be sloppy too. especially when it comes to payment and such.
I tried calling+raising hell but seems like everyone is already out sinde it's a friday -.-*

Jobbs

Banned
good morning =D sheeing the avengers today, I think we're going to see it in the afternoon because we're losers

and I wish I could listen in on trab raising hell in german XD

The most important question of all (no, it won't be
does she swallow
) - is she a good cook?

yes to at least one of those

Xiao Hu

pzNRtDY.jpg

Guess who just rescued this mofo that got stuck in a car....

I like my weight ins to be a surprise.

Also I'm pretty sure without my tits I wouldn't need to be fucking taped D:<

I've gotta go to the doctor for a shit ton of stuff but I'm gonna ask them about getting a reduction

Because I'm pretty sure my boobs are the reason why I can't fucking breathe when I run

Edit: holy shit I just realized it's Friday and I don't have to go into work tonight

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
are you specifically saying you like sucker punch or dislike bvs? (probably some combination of the two ofc)

Sucker Punch was more enjoyable to watch for me and I actually enjoy the movie for what it does at least visually speaking. Also the story as many issues as it had was more interesting/unique than whatever they were trying to do with BvS. One of the issues I have with Sucker Punch is that they dont explain the trick of travelling through the dream stuff. Inception takes the concept of explaining how the dream within a dream works within its Universe while Sucker Punch just throws things our and expects you to fill the blanks with your imagination which is not the best thing when you dont even bother to flesh out the characters you have in there.

Also Sucker Punch OST slays.

I felt like sucker punch was more of a music video than a movie

cool visuals. no substance
I agree since the dialogue is mostly basic and limited to what can be called the bare minimum effort on writing. A pity since the concept itself was interesting and it could have done more.

Misha

Banned
Sucker Punch was more enjoyable to watch for me and I actually enjoy the movie for what it does at least visually speaking. Also the story as many issues as it had was more interesting/unique than whatever they were trying to do with BvS. One of the issues I have with Sucker Punch is that they dont explain the trick of travelling through the dream stuff. Inception takes the concept of explaining how the dream within a dream works within its Universe while Sucker Punch just throws things our and expects you to fill the blanks with your imagination which is not the best thing when you dont even bother to flesh out the characters you have in there.

Also Sucker Punch OST slays.

I see. I need to watch it again. I remember liking a lot of it but feeling unsatisfied or something. I don't remember it being as bad as people say it is either way

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I thought Sucker Punch was visually enjoyable for how comic book-esque they were able to make it look

Vazra

I see. I need to watch it again. I remember liking a lot of it but feeling unsatisfied or something. I don't remember it being as bad as people say it is either way
If you watch it again make sure to watch the Uncut version. There is another fight scene, dance scene and the ending is more fleshed out. Doesnt solve all issues but the 18 extra minutes in some ways clear a few things out.

FloatOn

Left work early. I have a doctors appointment at 2. Then my day is clear.

I think I'm going to get a mess of chicken wings and play video games with my roommate

Misha

Banned
If you watch it again make sure to watch the Uncut version. There is another fight scene, dance scene and the ending is more fleshed out. Doesnt solve all issues but the 18 extra minutes in some ways clear a few things out.

is that a snyder thing? cause it seems like watching the uncut version of bvs is going to improve it a lot too

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Sucker punch is fucking awful.

I was put in charge of about 45 people today. How did this happen.

Lunch and then cardio time

marrec

Banned
I hear you. Right now I'm involved in an interesting project and I've run into countless issues because many of my providers source the cheapest crap from China.

Granted, China also makes high end electronics, but suppliers in this particular line of business just tend to rebrand some noname garbage as their own and call it a day. It's mental. I'm talking about very simple, relatively cheap but essential components that cannot be trusted unless you know the real source. And don't get me started with things like custom, small scale injection molding or circuit printing. Utter fucking madness.

I ended up buying 90% of the pieces from local manufacturers at a 20% premium or so. I'm happy to support local business -specially since they happen to sell better quality products and I can phone them right away if something turns out wrong-, but there are so many suppliers peddling absolute garbage imported in bulk from Alibaba.

We stopped buying parts directly from China because auditing the quality process of their manufactories was waaaay too expensive. You CAN ensure that you get quality parts from China, you just have to be very hands on with the entire process which means flying to China and helping them set up or ensuring they're following a QC process.

So instead of wasting money on that, we just buy locally. We still have to audit, but it's either a car ride or a short plane ride to those factories.

You get what you pay for :lol

Vazra

I thought Sucker Punch was visually enjoyable for how comic book-esque they were able to make it look
They nailed the aesthetic down and Im kinda pissed I havent seen more like it.
it reminded me of american mcgee's alice games
Well they did have plenty of Alice references and there is even a song that was about Alice in Wonderland. Even the mech has a bunny painted on LOL.
is that a snyder thing? cause it seems like watching the uncut version of bvs is going to improve it a lot too
I don't get why leave stuff exclusive to the DVD/BluRay release like that. I mean sometimes there is important stuff in the extended cut that you wonder why did they cut that from the film. Its not like some of the things in there are gory or suggestive in some cases. We shall see what happens with BvS when its out and we get the cut content.

Ceallach

The ultimate cut of watchmen was great. It mixed in the animated black sails story like it did in the graphic novel
Yeah but it doesn't change that he missed the point of Watchmen with all of the fucking flash and the awful ozymandias depiction he added to the film. Watchmen isn't bad because of what isn't in the film, it's shitty because of what IS in it

Misha

Banned
They nailed the aesthetic down and Im kinda pissed I havent seen more like it.

Well they did have plenty of Alice references and there is even a song that was about Alice in Wonderland. Even the mech has a bunny painted on LOL.

I don't get why leave stuff exclusive to the DVD/BluRay release like that. I mean sometimes there is important stuff in the extended cut that you wonder why did they cut that from the film. Its not like some of the things in there are gory or suggestive in some cases. We shall see what happens with BvS when its out and we get the cut content.

for bvs i'd assume its partly for length and iirc its going to be R but the thing i don't understand is how they decided what to cut. theres obvious missing context for a few things and things that just aren't necessary (often because of the missing context). just bizarre

I'm not I promise but thank you ;_;

I hit and killed a bunny the other day, I'm a murderer.

of course you are. you obviously just suck at self-perception :) but I know the struggle, that's why we need to tell other people how we perceive them sometimes. and you're great! :)

oh that's sad :/ but it wasn't intentional so don't beat yourself up about it.

MutFox

Banned
Yeah but it doesn't change that he missed the point of Watchmen with all of the fucking flash and the awful ozymandias depiction he added to the film. Watchmen isn't bad because of what isn't in the film, it's shitty because of what IS in it

Yep, also Dr. Manhattan not delivering his final lines to Ozymandias was stupid.
Instead it was a private conversation between owl dude and the hero girl.
It was supposed to put doubt into Ozymandias, from the Doc himself.

zeemumu

I think Krampus was something along the lines of the child of Gremlins and Nightmare Before Christmas, or what would have happened if Santa let Jack Skellington's toy go instead of fixing everything.

Vazra

I think Krampus was something along the lines of the child of Gremlins and Nightmare Before Christmas, or what would have happened if Santa let Jack Skellington's toy go instead of fixing everything.
I liked Krampus and it was pretty much on the same vein as Gremlins. My main issue with the film was the pacing and I wanted more Krampus and his helpers fuckery.

of course you are. you obviously just suck at self-perception :) but I know the struggle, that's why we need to tell other people how we perceive them sometimes. and you're great! :)

oh that's sad :/ but it wasn't intentional so don't beat yourself up about it.

Why are you so good to me tbh

you're super awesome

zeemumu

I'm putting serious consideration into getting this month's LootGaming subscription box. And also falling down the Magic hole.

Ceallach

I'm putting serious consideration into getting this month's LootGaming subscription box. And also falling down the Magic hole.
Loot Crate are terrible now. I subscribed for the first 2 years of them and then they just got shit tier and shittier.

Honestly, Nerd Block is a lot better. I get their comic box, girls box and horror block. All awesome stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom