• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK MY HEAD

only if you buy me breakfast first.

I can't believe how terrible Civil War was.

pulling my whole review from here in case anyone is spoiler sensitive but it's reposted here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202777079&postcount=178

I loved the movie but you are right with everything about captain america.

edit: oh fucking fuck. I failed a big exam in my studies and will be kicked from university in september, because I failed that exam two times. I just got another grade for a paper I wrote about the depiction of japanese and european/westerner characters in japanese pop culture with hetalia as main example and what grade did I get? 1.7 (something like an A-) -_-...I've so good grades usually in my papers and one exam can destroy everything. I just can't anymore. I can't.

Xiao Hu

It's weekend and I don't even enjoy it anymore. I really wanted to go out on a date :(

Will somebody please go out with me ;(

Xiao Hu

yeah, sure. but I'll get some 红烧肉 and you pay.

Fine by me. Come over

Wait I thought you had a date lined up? Weren't you going to ask out the Chinese-Belgian girl?

Yeah, but I don't have her on WeChat/Facebook. And I couldn't find her today at the university (I honestly only came to ask her out). Plus the only other person I definitely know that she has her contacts is somebody I really don't want to talk to after a certain incident.

So, fuck my life
No Vazra, I won't pay for your flight ticket over here

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Fine by me. Come over

Yeah, but I don't have her on WeChat/Facebook. And I couldn't find her today at the university (I honestly only came to ask her out). Plus the only other person I definitely know that she has her contacts is somebody I really don't want to talk to after a certain incident.

So, fuck my life
No Vazra, I won't pay for your flight ticket over here

Don't worry you'll find love again.

Oh, I remember you saying that now. Yeah, sorry.

How soon do you see her again? Is it just a crap shoot like today?

Xiao Hu

I'm not worried. Just really, really annoyed with my situation

Oh, I remember you saying that now. Yeah, sorry.

How soon do you see her again? Is it just a crap shoot like today?
Presumably Monday, but I don't have anything to do this weekend beside the usual studies and binge watching of some series. Perhaps I'll find somebody to go to a bar later :/

I find really amusing the main character of Lost Planet 3 almost looks like Nicholas Cage as Jim Raynor.

Also why did Jim lose his thirty ought six? I could've blastin some Akrid with my ancestoral M1 Garand! DAMN IT CAPCOM.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
When your replacement part is faulty too

Smh
Supply is bullshit. I don't understand the QA process on the backend. On our end QA is fucking paramount, but at the factories they just say fuck it it's probably good.

I once had a bad transformer/rectifier and I got fucking 3 bad replacements. Ithe got so frustrating I was pinning out every little thing just because I thought I had to be wrong. I ended up swapping out a known good one just to prove myself right.

Supply is bullshit. I don't understand the QA process on the backend. On our end QA is fucking paramount, but at the factories they just say fuck it it's probably good.

I once had a bad transformer/rectifier and I got fucking 3 bad replacements. Ithe got so frustrating I was pinning out every little thing just because I thought I had to be wrong. I ended up swapping out a known good one just to prove myself right.

Three bad replacements? damn, really?

Misha

Banned

pulling my whole review from here in case anyone is spoiler sensitive but it's reposted here:

:D :D you would

considering i'm already #teamcap I'll probably like it.

interesting what you said about the villains though. i think a lot of why they suck at that is that they don't even bother establishing the villains at all. I guess even the one out of maybe three times they did (Loki) it ends up being the actor that makes the character interesting rather than who he is or what he does. They need to get the people from jessica jones consulting on the movies or something cause they managed to create a more compelling villain before he even showed up.

FloatOn

these movies are not high art.

It's not really worth getting that bent out of shape either way. I'm kind of tired of super hero movies in general tbh

I'm okay with seeing them just for the spectacle but I really don't care enough to debate their merit because in the end they don't really have any.

BvS was stupid fun as I'm sure Civil War will be. Which will be more stupid fun remains to be seen but god damn, I really don't see the need for so much discussion.

marrec

Banned

I'm a QC manager at a manufacturing plant and I can tell you that the reason you get bad shit is because of lazy QC implementation or buying some of the cheaper parts from China. We've implemented a plan to check every item that leaves the assembly line in several key critical areas and rarely do we ship anything that is straight up fucked.

Then again, we make large assemblies that are hard to ship and take weeks to build so it's easier for us I suppose... but with small stuff like a TX/Rectifier? How hard is it to put some voltage through it and check the output? Lazy QC teams are the best way to lose customers imo.

Dunno how it works with the armed forces though, probably not a lot of wiggle room in your suppliers.

It's not really worth getting that bent out of shape either way. I'm kind of tired of super hero movies in general tbh

I'm okay with seeing them just for the spectacle but I really don't care enough to debate their merit because in the end they don't really have any.

BvS was stupid fun as I'm sure Civil War will be. Which will be more stupid fun remains to be seen but god damn, I really don't see the need for so much discussion.

The source material has much more depth than you give it credit for, so for those who are steeped in that source it's important to them.

Like, the Black Panther movie is not going to be just "stupid fun" to a lot of people. It's going to be scrutinized to hell and back.

Misha

Banned

The moment I can't dissect media is the moment i lose interest

Misha

Banned
That reminds me why i care about other people's opinions for movies and stuff: I want to know what they saw that I didn't. why we have incredibly different opinions after watching the same thing and how I could enjoy or learn from the movie using those things that i didn't notice before

usually its unsatisfying unfortunately but i still feel that curiosity

I'm super pissed. I've been officially working at this new job last month (before that I worked 6 weeks for free for them since internship) and was waiting for my money to arrive. so far nothing. I asked them about it and they pretty much said it was due today. but instead of the money I receive an envelope I need to send back with my personal details in order for them to make the payment. you normally do this shit before the first payment is due not after or right at payday?! at least that's what I'm used to. plus I was under the impression they already had all the details they needed. I was asked to send in my taxnumber way before. I just want my money now. if I have to wait another month now I'm gonna snap.

FloatOn

That reminds me why i care about other people's opinions for movies and stuff: I want to know what they saw that I didn't. why we have incredibly different opinions after watching the same thing and how I could enjoy or learn from the movie using those things that i didn't notice before

usually its unsatisfying unfortunately but i still feel that curiosity

that's totally fine. it's fun to talk about things.

but what is bothersome to me is when someone disagrees or makes a point that doesn't go along with consensus they are railed super hard against.

which goes back to my original point about this stuff not being that important. it's essentially cocoa puffs vs lucky charms to me. nothing life changing. these movies don't move me or inspire me to be a better person. they are just fun popcorn films so I don't really see the point of debate ad naseum.

I'm super pissed. I've been officially working at this new job last month (before that I worked 6 weeks for free for them since internship) and was waiting for my money to arrive. so far nothing. I asked them about it and they pretty much said it was due today. but instead of the money I receive an envelope I need to send back with my personal details in order for them to make the payment. you normally do this shit before the first payment is due not after or right at payday?! at least that's what I'm used to. plus I was under the impression they already had all the details they needed. I was asked to send in my taxnumber way before. I just want my money now. if I have to wait another month now I'm gonna snap.

that sounds incredibly frustrating.

going forward I would lock down details about getting paid at the point of hire.

it may be best to just use this internship to build your resume and move on to something else.

marrec

Banned

You should charge them interest.

Would you even be able to make it another month without pay?

That sounds really fucking garbage, hope it gets sorted out soon :/

That really sucks to hear, especially when you were so excited about this gig. Hope they get their shit together.

Also thought I'd pop by and say hi

Misha

Banned
that's totally fine. it's fun to talk about things.

but what is bothersome to me is when someone disagrees or makes a point that doesn't go along with consensus they are railed super hard against.

which goes back to my original point about this stuff not being that important. it's essentially cocoa puffs vs lucky charms to me. nothing life changing. these movies don't move me or inspire me to be a better person. they are just fun popcorn films so I don't really see the point of debate ad naseum.

its fine to talk about things but debate is pointless?

you confuse me :p

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Looks like I will get several new coworkers.
I think we may be lesbians because we mostly seem to have skipped the "date" phase. She's just kind of.. around. Sometimes a lot. Sometimes not much.

I was never really looking to be in the dating thing (not at the moment, anyway) so someone who was willing to just hang out seems to have worked

We've been out a couple times though. I've met some of her people. She's met some of mine.

The most important question of all (no, it won't be
does she swallow
) - is she a good cook?

Xiao Hu

Scheiß die Wand an, sind das aber Kacklappen bei euch!

One of my former employers was also very often very late on payment and it worsened the working atmosphere by a big margin. ARD's employee managment must suck a lot if they couldn't figure out your tax number after a whole month.

FloatOn

To eat ice cream or not to eat ice cream?

eat ice cream

ab8.jpg

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Looks like accountant department lost your personal details or probably they forgot to put in in your file

Misha

Banned
nothing to be confused about. there is productive debate and then there isn't right?

what actual good could come from debating comic book movies?

but you're saying there can't be a productive debate from comic book movies so its not fine, right?

a lot of good. comic book movies aren't in a vacuum. they act the same way as all other media. they have plot and characters and design and themes. As someone interested in content creation, its really interesting to discuss what they did well and what they did poorly and things that aren't necessarily good or bad but could have been taken in a different direction.

They're culture and religion to us. Their morals affect our consciences (mostly as kids) and their representation can change how we feel about other people. (tbf these things aren't being discussed with bvs but with like black widow in ultron and the inclusion of black panther and captain marvel in the mcu, it comes up)

they might not make your life different then and there, but theres plenty to be learned from them to change the future

zeemumu

's okay. I have a clean-shaven boyfriend already.

I haven't seen it yet so I'm not clicking on that yet but i don't believe you. I'll be back once ive seen it. Then I'll return and we'll have a proper internet fight.

I know the severe underdog opinion is your thing but I must defend Spider-Man.

thanks for putting up with my venting everyone! I'll survive but I won't be able to buy anything other than bascis until payment.
and yes, they really dont seem very organized. I specifically asked what details they needed from me when the official hiring began. they named only a few and I immediately sent them in. it was never mentioned that there was something else I needed to fill out. >.<
especially great since the weekend is coming up and nobody will process my shit now. difmuisodu dfgfdgdfg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm a QC manager at a manufacturing plant and I can tell you that the reason you get bad shit is because of lazy QC implementation or buying some of the cheaper parts from China. We've implemented a plan to check every item that leaves the assembly line in several key critical areas and rarely do we ship anything that is straight up fucked.

I hear you. Right now I'm involved in an interesting project and I've run into countless issues because many of my providers source the cheapest crap from China.

Granted, China also makes high end electronics, but suppliers in this particular line of business just tend to rebrand some noname garbage as their own and call it a day. It's mental. I'm talking about very simple, relatively cheap but essential components that cannot be trusted unless you know the real source. And don't get me started with things like custom, small scale injection molding or circuit printing. Utter fucking madness.

I ended up buying 90% of the pieces from local manufacturers at a 20% premium or so. I'm happy to support local business -specially since they happen to sell better quality products and I can phone them right away if something turns out wrong-, but there are so many suppliers peddling absolute garbage imported in bulk from Alibaba.

Ow. My symphaties. I've run into that situation many times working with American companies since American accounting/taxing is some veritable lolstuff, but I thought that German employers wouldn't fuck it up that bad. Raise hell. Demand a full payment ASAP or there will be a next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom