• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Gonna go see the 10:30 AM showing of Civil War. I don't have much else to do this early, kids should be at school at around this time, and I don't trust the night crowds full of shitty teenagers.

Also, that post number though

1619018_200x130.png

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
No, get your hands off me you damn dirty plainswalker.

But this one has Dark Souls and Zelda stuff. I need to know.

A horror box you say...
Horror block is the shit. I've gotten. Some typical stuff, like Silence of the Lamb shirt, plush Freddy, but also some cool af shit like a signed photo of the shining twins and a book of horror vhs covers.

Jobbs

Banned
Gonna go see the 10:30 AM showing of Civil War. I don't have much else to do this early, kids should be at school at around this time, and I don't trust the night crowds full of shitty teenagers.

im seeing it shortly too! we can compare notes

schlock it to me, marvel

zeemumu

Horror block is the shit. I've gotten. Some typical stuff, like Silence of the Lamb shirt, plush Freddy, but also some cool af shit like a signed photo of the shining twins and a book of horror vhs covers.

Sounds cool. I'll put some thought into it. I do love my horror

It's only 18 bucks! I said to myself as I realized that I make too much money and will spend too much on M:tG

Can't wait till I get paid I'm going to get so many physical magic cards but have no one to play with :(

Come play with me we're state neighbors (assuming you're still in NM)

zeemumu

Tuck me in and read me a bedtime story

One upon a time, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived, in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It's the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps, deep within the darkness. That's why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open and the true light will return

Misha

Banned
One upon a time, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived, in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It's the world we live in now. But the true light sleeps, deep within the darkness. That's why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open and the true light will return

this sounds familiar...

I'm all the way in PA now it's quite the trip.

Edit:

What're you in AZ?

Ya I'm in Tucson

oh shit, we're facebook friends so i actually could do that

once upon a time, there was a dragon so vicious, she ate everyone except for a kitty named trab

they killed everyone together, and lived happily ever after, the end

Beautiful thank u

i see u trying to pollute me with that KH garbage

If I was still in Las Cruces I'd totally truck it out to Tucson and play M:tG all weekend, I had a few other who moved to Tucson, but have only ever made it out there by way of the Tucson airport during a trip to the west coast.

Well if you're ever in town let me know and we'll meet up and play

MutFox

Banned
Gonna watch Civil War tomorrow...
I have very low expectations for it after the crap that was Age of Ultron.
(I'd say it was worse than BvS)

I know the directors are from Winter Soldier, but still have very low expectations.
Almost skipped going to watch it, but my bro wants me to go.

With low expectations, I might enjoy it.

Misha

Banned
why do people keep on saying "promise land" instead of "promised land"? was there some show or something that made that a thing? can't i can't ever find it in anything but it seems to keep coming up on occasion

MutFox

Banned
why do people keep on saying "promise land" instead of "promised land"? was there some show or something that made that a thing? can't i can't ever find it in anything but it seems to keep coming up on occasion

Promise Land sounds ESL... :p
Or some Disney attraction.

Misha

Banned
Promise Land sounds ESL... :p
Or some Disney attraction.
it would easily fit for a name of a kingdom hearts disney world. you need a disney property to make it happen though
Whhhhhy are the engineers here so incompetent?

*he asks no one in particular because the answer is unknowable*
*emulating engineers*

engineers aren't incompetent. they're always right. you're incompetent. deal with it

marrec

Banned
*emulating engineers*

engineers aren't incompetent. they're always right. you're incompetent. deal with it

Yep, sounds about right.

I pointed out a mistake on their schematic and dude looked at me like I'd grown two heads and one of them was speaking tongues.

Like, audit your shit man this is garbage.

Nobody likes to but I really like to cry
Nobody likes me
Maybe if I cry
Encircle me, I need to be, taken down

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Harlem Hellfighters YAS plz

I'm very excited for this reveal. I hope it's not Alt-History and I hope it takes place from 1914 to 1918, the whole damn war. Battle of the Frontiers to the last german offensives in the west.

I cannot fucking wait. This will be the first Battlefield game DICE works on that is using Frostbite exclusively on the current-gen hardware. And if Battlefront was any indication to what is possible then this next installment will be gorgeous.

Also setting this is WWI is a welcome change, and they are giving deserved recognition to the Harlem Hellfighters.

Misha

Banned
Yep, sounds about right.

I pointed out a mistake on their schematic and dude looked at me like I'd grown two heads and one of them was speaking tongues.

Like, audit your shit man this is garbage

you're probably just reading it wrong tbh

marrec

Banned
you're probably just reading it wrong tbh

God damn you engineer Misha I will burn the heart out of you!!

Seriously, they tell me this shit (like, almost exactly what you said) then they go in and make changes to the schematics (ones that I pointed out they need) without doing a revision change or NCR and then they wonder why the assemblers get confused.

I don't get paid enough to babysit a bunch of braindead engineers :(

Misha

Banned
God damn you engineer Misha I will burn the heart out of you!!

Seriously, they tell me this shit (like, almost exactly what you said) then they go in and make changes to the schematics (ones that I pointed out they need) without doing a revision change or NCR and then they wonder why the assemblers get confused.

I don't get paid enough to babysit a bunch of braindead engineers :(

tbh I'm awful at change logs and such. definitely getting a lot better at them and it didn't help that the company i did stuff for had zero documentation before me. also it doesn't help that no one communicates and no one listens to me and half the time no one returns emails..... engineers....

marrec

Banned
tbh I'm awful at change logs and such. definitely getting a lot better at them and it didn't help that the company i did stuff for had zero documentation before me. also it doesn't help that no one communicates and no one listens to me and half the time no one returns emails..... engineers....

Change logs are such a godsend when you need them and tedious when you don't :lol

A good 15% of my job is hammering our engineering group about proper documentation so that 5% of my job isn't a nightmare of confusing revision edits.

Misha

Banned
Change logs are such a godsend when you need them and tedious when you don't :lol

A good 15% of my job is hammering our engineering group about proper documentation so that 5% of my job isn't a nightmare of confusing revision edits.

mine job was a teeny bit different since the people requesting things I'd just meet with individually and the changes would affect maybe 3-4 people and they didn't even have a standard before that. basically the only one who would use a change log would be me since no one else would really look at the code and every change we did was permanent and most they didn't even notice. half the things management had me do for them they just ignored right after I left. they can't seem to stick to anything without someone keeping an eye on them

Halcyon

I'm going to buy an Asus Zenbook Pro. I've decided this. It is decided. Don't try to stop me. Don't you dare try to stop me.

Try to stop me. SMEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom