• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Civil Wars done. I really liked it.

Fuck Ross. Do you want to talk about the damage you caused? The unlimited power YOU operated on? DO YOU THINK WE FORGOT ABOUT YOUR LITTLE GAME OF HIDE AND GO SEEK WITH THE HULK?How do you even have a job?

I'm on mobile so the rest when I get home.

zeemumu

Not gonna click on the spoiler...
Was it better than Age of Ultron?
Better than Winter Soldier?
BvS?

Better than BvS and Ultron. I think Winter Soldier was a better movie but I liked this one more because I'm a sucker for cameos (and Spider-Man).

My only gripe is that
there's a reverse Martha moment

But everyone absolutely killed it in their roles, especially Black Panther

Timu

BvS was disappointing, it's got nothing on Civil War.

Call me crazy but I liked Civil War more than The Winter Soldier. Better pacing, humor and action as well.

zeemumu

BvS was disappointing, it's got nothing on Civil War.

Call me crazy but I liked Civil War more than The Winter Soldier. Better pacing, humor and action as well.

Oh I liked Civil War more. But I think winter soldier was better made

Winter Soldier isn't really that high of a metric. Talk to me when a Marvel movie is better than Iron Man 3!

I'm going to buy an Asus Zenbook Pro. I've decided this. It is decided. Don't try to stop me. Don't you dare try to stop me.

Try to stop me. SMEE!
Can you play the games on it? :D

Halcyon

Winter Soldier isn't really that high of a metric. Talk to me when a Marvel movie is better than Iron Man 3!

Can you play the games on it? :D

That's another reason I'd want it. It can play crysis type things at 1080p. It's supposed to be between a gaming laptop and a ultrabook.

I'd probably just play Minecraft and Ghost Song.

zeemumu

There have been. Iron Man 3 is one of the better ones, but everything about the antagonists of that movie pissed me off.
The not-Mandarin, the actual Mandarin's Jim Carrey Riddler motivations, and that lady who really should have been smart enough to figure out that they weren't going to use her exploding fire powers serum to help the world

Jobbs

Banned
civil bore impression

my pet peeve are plots driven by stupid decisions or things that don't make sense. this movie triggered me

Halcyon

I plan on attempting to make my wife squirt for the first time post baby on Saturday.

It used to rain like Seattle. I've purchased a hat that has one of those little umbrellas on it.

I've said too much.

I plan on attempting to make my wife squirt for the first time post baby on Saturday.

It used to rain like Seattle. I've purchased a hat that has one of those little umbrellas on it.

I've said too much.

is there a special technique you use or does it just happen?

zeemumu

Lillith I read your review. I don't agree with most of it.

Cap was an ass for not telling Tony, but that really wouldn't have helped Tony at all, and Cap probably knew that. And he wasn't trying to kill anyone. Neither side was, aside from Black Panther. There's a reason Cap saved the people Bucky almost accidentally murdered during that apartment fight. The most critically injured person on either team was injured on accident by friendly fire.

And Bucky isn't his ex friend. He's spent all of Winter Soldier and most of this movie trying to get him back because he knew that he was still in there somewhere because of what happened at the end of Winter Soldier. Bucky is both his best friend and literally the only person left from his own era since Peggy is dead. He's all he's got in terms of his old life. "With you to the end of the line" wouldn't mean much if he just turned on Bucky, would it?

I'll give you the point that the villain was a little boring, but I don't think that they spent insane amounts of time developing him. His whole thing is that you know almost nothing about him or his motivations until the end. You only see his plan unfold and nothing else. Besides, a major third party isn't what Civil War is about. It's a civil war. The conflict was supposed to be internal between the team. External influences shouldn't be as important, and they weren't. They only served to amplify the internal conflict even more.

Besides, Civil War didn't walk away from the stakes like Ultron and BvS did. Superman being dead lasted all of 5 minutes. The idea of failing to stop Ultron lasted all of 5 minutes. The Avengers who got arrested are still criminals. Yeah they got broken out, but they can't go back to their old lives as if none of it matters. Hawkeye and Ant-Man aren't going back to their families to live a quiet life. That shit's sticking with them. Even Ultron didn't completely walk away from the stakes when you take this movie into account.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
good night fakers.
FK1hbhj.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Drunk I am
A lot of crazy people in town today. One old dude was buggering me at pub about HAARP and chemtrails for almost one hour. Fuck, this moon phase is brutal

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im so tired but so hungry at the same time. Someone bring me fried chicken and tostones and read me a bed time story.

Jobbs

Banned
Well I mean it's not like real people don't make bad decisions all the time or anything

*looks at Trump*

Wait never mind

Captain America fighting the other goodguys just to protect Buckeye, who is guilty, just doesn't seem plausible for his character, so it's immersion breaking. It feels like the need for the audience to see a Civil War drove the character's decisions as opposed to the character driving the character's decisions. The Star Wars prequels suffered from the same thing -- external forces affecting the purity of the story. They turned Darth Vader into space jesus when he was really just a fallen jedi / weirdo in a robot suit in the old movies

Captain America fighting the other goodguys just to protect Buckeye, who is guilty, just doesn't seem plausible for his character, so it's immersion breaking. It feels like the need for the audience to see a Civil War drove the character's decisions as opposed to the character driving the character's decisions. The Star Wars prequels suffered from the same thing -- external forces affecting the purity of the story. They turned Darth Vader into space jesus when he was really just a fallen jedi / weirdo in a robot suit in the old movies
Bucky is his best friend and the only thing he has left from his old life. And he's a victim of brainwashing. Bucky himself never did anything wrong.

I mean, everyone let Hawkguy off the hook when he got mind controlled by Loki, so you know...

Jobbs

Banned
Bucky is his best friend and the only thing he has left from his old life. And he's a victim of brainwashing. Bucky himself never did anything wrong.

I mean, everyone let Hawkguy off the hook when he got mind controlled by Loki, so you know...

they should have been able to resolve this without going to war with eachother, and it seems like they would have except for the external need for there to be a civil war

Isn't this something that's specific to the girl as well? As in not something that every girl can/does do.

everyone can pee

zeemumu

How is it not plausible that someone suffering from future shock and just lost his old girlfriend would do anything to protect his best friend and only connection to his former life from being captured/killed for things that he had no control over due to being framed/brainwashed and only ended up in that situation in the first place because he followed Cap into battle? He's known Bucky far longer than he's known any of the Avengers.

You want to know what's not plausible?

Gaining access to a crashed alien spacecraft from a Senator and then shoving a Jolly Rancher into his mouth.

MutFox

Banned
both of those are good, yeah. I also like Guardians of the Galaxy a lot

I didn't enjoy Guardians of the galaxy in theatres.
Though the reason is I was in a lot of pain after having kidney stones... :(
I couldn't focus on the film, could only think about the pain.

I watched it again after, I like most of it, except the ending.
Don't like what they did with Ronan's character for the MCU.

They did Drax and Gamora dirty too, but overall I really liked it. My mom was a sucker for the soundtrack, too.

I don't like what they are doing with any of the villains in the MCU. Only Loki is kind of good, the rest are all so shit. Ultron looked so promising, but then they made him make crappy jokes and not really put up a challenge himself.

I honestly don't even have a lot of faith in Thanos, but maybe they'll learn.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hated Guardians, didn't think any of it was funny or entertaining outside of the gorgeous setpieces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom