• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Just a head's up: tomorrow(Saturday) is Free Comic Book Day. If you have any comic book shops around, find out if they're participating

MutFox

Banned
They did Drax and Gamora dirty too, but overall I really liked it. My mom was a sucker for the soundtrack, too.

Yeah, they messed them up too.
And yes, great soundtrack. :p

I don't like what they are doing with any of the villains in the MCU. Only Loki is kind of good, the rest are all so shit. Ultron looked so promising, but then they made him make crappy jokes and not really put up a challenge himself.

I honestly don't even have a lot of faith in Thanos, but maybe they'll learn.

MCU villains have been pretty bad.
Ultron wasn't even scary.
Age of Ultron? More like weekend of Ultron.

Thanos I hope comes out awesome.
They've been slowly injecting him over a bunch of movies.
He's gonna kill some of our favourite characters I feel.
(They'll magically come back later)

marrec

Banned
just glad I can finally live out my fantasies of nerve gassing garbage ass bitches with my bros for the luls

WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOM?!

eohSvLT.gif

Jobbs

Banned
I hope trench fever and malaria are properly represented in game mechanics

...or maybe we'll just blast eachother to time inaccurate rock music and call down menus in between matches that are jarringly stylistically inconsistent with the game

zeemumu

...or maybe we'll just blast eachother to time inaccurate rock music

Trenches would just turn into grenade chucking contests. I'd love a mechanic that forces you to think your moves through like an fps with rts-style commands.

marrec

Banned

...or maybe we'll just blast eachother to time inaccurate rock music and call down menus in between matches that are jarringly stylistically inconsistent with the game

I hope I can get in a zeppelin and bomb your cynicism away.

it's WWI....but COOLER this time!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Mmm, salty.

Jobbs

Banned
it's WWI....but COOLER this time!

as men were pushed to the brink of human misery in the trenches I wonder if any of them thought "I just hope one day 13 year old boys can pretend to do this while calling eachother gay"

If FakeGAF were a fighting game you would have a hospital stage with HN in the back cheering you on and doing HN things

like watching a kid get his eyeball scooped out :O

Jobbs is 60% salt instead of 60% water.

I can't drink too much vinegar or else my internal organs become pickled

I hate people
what's wrong?
as men were pushed to the brink of human misery in the trenches I wonder if any of them thought "I just hope one day 13 year old boys can pretend to do this while calling eachother gay"

I actually had similar thoughts about the trailer. that's the problem with handling realistic war scenarios. you can't stylize that shit to look like a music video. you either do go completely over the top like Wolfenstein or you just stay true to painting real human misery and suffering in grey and beige tones.

marrec

Banned

They probably did this from trench to trench but in more flowery language.

like watching a kid get his eyeball scooped out :O

I can see why you like her.

Just make battlefield 2 with weapons and mechanics out of WWI

I like what they're doing with vehicles and the destructible environment.

I hate people

Seriously tho what happened?

Misha

Banned
They probably did this from trench to trench but in more flowery language.

I like what they're doing with vehicles and the destructible environment.

Seriously tho what happened?
Dogfights should be good hopefully

zeemumu

Modern weapons ruined shooters!

I think they saved them. Early shooters exhausted the WWII Era. If it hadn't gone modern the genre would've been severely crippled.

Then we exhausted the modern Era and that's why we're in the future. Clever shooters either started in the future or utilized time travel

Misha

Banned
I think they saved them. Early shooters exhausted the WWII Era. If it hadn't gone modern the genre would've been severely crippled.

Then we exhausted the modern Era and that's why we're in the future. Clever shooters either started in the future or utilized time travel

I mean from a getting tired of them standpoint sure. From a mechanics standpoint its ridiculously boring. Either do old weapons that aren't all automatic 100yd range or futuristic with new twists

Granadier

Battlefield has never been about realistically portraying historic events though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jobbs

Banned

she's metal as fuck

Battlefield has never been about realistically portraying historic events though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually think in some ways the WW1 era suits it better... But I also equate WW1 with extreme suffering and a lot of activity that were later decided to be war crimes on account of WW1

Gameplay wise, the slower biplanes of the era suit BF better-- faster planes always felt weird over such a small play field

zeemumu

I mean from a getting tired of them standpoint sure. From a mechanics standpoint its ridiculously boring. Either do old weapons that aren't all automatic 100yd range or futuristic with new twists

I'm all for future because the limit is your imagination. Theres a limit to how far back you can go in a game before guns become too shit to use, and WWI is usually right on the line

Granadier

I actually think in some ways the WW1 era suits it better... But I also equate WW1 with extreme suffering and a lot of activity that were later decided to be war crimes on account of WW1

Gameplay wise, the slower biplanes of the era suit BF better-- faster planes always felt weird over such a small play field

Gameplay wise I agree. The slower movement will be more fitting for the map scale and style of combat in Battlefield.

Setting wise, I don't have an issue with it. (I've expressed this in the gaming side thread as well) There have been unimaginable atrocities in almost every war, horrific things that are too graphic to post, so I fail to understand why WWI is somehow a line in the sand when it comes to depicting it within a game.

Jobbs

Banned
I think my sister is in an abusive relationship and I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do about it since the situation is far too complicated

It's a cheap attempt at undermining people or ideas.

there have been times on twitter where I've had people I thought were my friends but then one day they say something like "SJW" or start saying something gamergatory sounding and I'm just like ahhh shit

this is why you avoid these topics

I got asked today to spend some time abroad in the near future. I haven't been out of the country in a couple years now so a part of me is jumping at the chance. But the other part of me is very happy with my comfortable life and the amount of traveling that I've already done in the past. Hmm.

I'm all for future because the limit is your imagination. Theres a limit to how far back you can go in a game before guns become too shit to use, and WWI is usually right on the line

Has anybody ever done a multiplayer FPS with bows and arrows? I feel like there's a lot of room for a medieval/fantasy FPS that no one is touching.

I don't care enough about the genre to invest in that idea myself, but I'm curious if that's something anyone else would like to see.

zeemumu

I think my sister is in an abusive relationship and I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do about it since the situation is far too complicated

there have been times on twitter where I've had people I thought were my friends but then one day they say something like "SJW" or start saying something gamergatory sounding and I'm just like ahhh shit

this is why you avoid these topics

It's your sister, man. Sort through and find a way to help her.

My friends use the word "hater" too often. That always seems like a red flag, to me. That and fishing for compliments.

Has anybody ever done a FPS with bows and arrows? I feel like there's a lot of room for a medieval/fantasy FPS that no one is touching.

I don't care enough about the genre to invest in that idea myself, but I'm curious if that's something anyone else would like to see.

Many. Off the top of my head, Turok, Far Cry, and Crysis (Crysis has an FPS mode, right?)

But you do have a point. I'd actually like people to tap into the modern vs medieval magic genre. You know, like having dragons and shit tearing through a major metropolitan area or something like that. Reign of Fire probably poisoned the well on that, though.

Actually, Turok and Timesplitters both did that Past vs. Future thing.

Has anybody ever done a FPS with bows and arrows? I feel like there's a lot of room for a medieval/fantasy FPS that no one is touching.

Betrayer is kind of like this.

Set in a struggling colony in Virginia in 1604. There are primitive guns, but your main weapons are definitely bows and arrows. Also, crossbows and bolts. The guns all take a while to reload, so they're not really practical in most fights.

marrec

Banned
I got asked today to spend some time abroad in the near future. I haven't been out of the country in a couple years now so a part of me is jumping at the chance. But the other part of me is very happy with my comfortable life and the amount of traveling that I've already done in the past. Hmm.

You gotta ask yourself what you'd get out of the travel and what you'd have to put off for the travel.

I think the idea of travel is usually more profound than the actual travel most of the time. But, I've only ever traveled for work so it probably colors my worldview.

Granadier

I can't think of a single way of interfering that wouldn't ultimately make things worse

Do you know for sure she is in an abusive relationship, and how close are you with her?

You gotta ask yourself what you'd get out of the travel and what you'd have to put off for the travel.

I think the idea of travel is usually more profound than the actual travel most of the time. But, I've only ever traveled for work so it probably colors my worldview.

From experience, I feel this is true only depending on the way you travel. Going to a different culture and immersing yourself in it can legitimately effect the way you think. On the other hand, if you are just traveling for the sake of traveling and hitting tourist spots then there's probably not much to it outside of stories and pictures.

Many. Off the top of my head, Turok, Far Cry, and Crysis.

But you do have a point. I'd actually like people to tap into the modern vs medieval magic genre. You know, like having dragons and shit tearing through a major metropolitan area or something like that. Reign of Fire probably poisoned the well on that, though.

Actually, Turok and Timesplitters both did that Past vs. Future thing.

I guess I should have clarified I was talking about multiplayer shooters. The ones with couch or online co-op. Bows are my favorite ranged weapon in games, so I definitely know a lot of single player games that have them.

But now that you've said that I think it'd be cool to have a Darksiders game where Man put up a better fight than we were lead to believe, so you play as one of Hell's minions to try and make sure the apocalypse actually happens.

zeemumu

I guess I should have clarified I was talking about multiplayer shooters. The ones with couch or online co-op. Bows are my favorite ranged weapon in games, so I definitely know a lot of single player games that have them.

But now that you've said that I think it'd be cool to have a Darksiders game where Man put up a better fight than we were lead to believe, so you play as one of Hell's minions to try and make sure the apocalypse actually happens.

That'd be cool. Maybe like a what if scenario or reboot where the apocalypse didn't happen early and happened when it was supposed to, when man was strong enough to defend themselves.

I think the closest thing for multiplayer is the crossbow in Black Ops. Bows are probably considered to be too slow for most multiplayer modes.

marrec

Banned

*whomp whomp whomp whomp whomp*

From experience, I feel this is true only depending on the way you travel. Going to a different culture and immersing yourself in it can legitimately effect the way you think. On the other hand, if you are just traveling for the sake of traveling and hitting tourist spots then there's probably not much to it outside of stories and pictures.

Ya, like I said, only ever traveled for work.

Jobbs

Banned
Do you know for sure she is in an abusive relationship, and how close are you with her?

I wasn't sure before but now I'm 99% sure it's gotten physical

Not super close, but okay I guess... Not sure what I can possibly do but tell her to GTFO, but she for some reason doesn't want to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom