• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Oh god somehow the topic at work today became what it would look like if I cut my tits off and put them on the guys.

Spawned by the Bree Olson thing

I feel so out of the loop.

Morning Fake-Faces.

Embrace the Daditude. We can overrun this topic with lawn care advice and how to properly start a charcoal grill.
I've made peace with the fact that I'm shit at starting literal fires when I'm actually required to. My trick is to keep a hair dryer close just in case.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I want a leather jacket I think. However, I couldn't imagine wearing a denim one. Are there actually good looking denim jackets?

marrec

Banned
I want a leather jacket I think. However, I couldn't imagine wearing a denim one. Are there actually good looking denim jackets?

No there aren't.

Wait no, there are, I'm convinced. This song has changed my mind.

I've made peace with the fact that I'm shit at starting literal fires when I'm actually required to. My trick is to keep a hair dryer close just in case.

Well... I guess that's why they make propane grills. *ew*

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Wait no, there are, I'm convinced. This song has changed my mind.

b89abc20-e91c-0132-6468-0ecefe7c2201.gif

giphy.gif

James-Franco.gif

Not even my A game

Work just took a giant shit on me. Thanks Monday

Did you squeeze your computer monitor's stand while pretending it was the customers neck so tightly there was blood on your purlicue?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Jean jackets can be pretty cool if:

a) You are an odiously cute girl (since everything will look good on you)

b) You are a big haired metalhead.

None of the above? Look into something else.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
WB btw Transhuman... but you're wrong jean jackets are garbo.

Just because I've seen more jean jackets in the garbage than anywhere else doesn't mean they're garbage. My mum gave me her jean jacket and it's the tits. I wear it sometimes. Besides the fact that she's short and chubby and I don't have boobs it fits perfectly.

marrec

Banned
Just because I've seen more jean jackets in the garbage than anywhere else doesn't mean they're garbage. My mum gave me her jean jacket and it's the tits. I wear it sometimes. Besides the fact that she's short and chubby and I don't have boobs it fits perfectly.

Oh?

*stops responding to you*

I *did* own a jean jacket at one point of my life.

Then again, I was 13 and it was 1993, so...

My dad has a jean jacket but he's a 60 y/o hippy ex-trucker with long hair. I think you're required to wear a jean jacket at that point so that people can correctly identify what type of old person you are.

Misha

Banned
Most (95%) of my dreams are of the extremely mundane variety. Like, I'll dream about going into work and doing a good days work and then going home and eating dinner with no outward signs that it's a dream. So that when I do have crazy stuff happen like what you described above it always stands out.

That sounds like a fun dream.

all of my dreams are fun but they're rarely funny so it was pretty interesting. i hope i get more comedies in the future

Xiao Hu

RNH, RNH, RNH! You really need to grow a short beard. I would totally dick you with one and I'm pretty sure lot's of ladies would do the same if they have a good taste.

Misha

Banned
The DC Comics couple has always had a somewhat abusive relationship, and that portrayal will not be any different in Suicide Squad.

we pretty much already knew that but its good to see them recognize what it is

though "somewhat" could be concerning

How did you even have this picture? :lmao

You look great RNH 100% would if I were gay.

Besides, don't take my fashion advice to heart, I'm horrible at having taste.

Haha, it was just a picture on Facebook. I wear it most of the time in the warm months so there was going to be at least one picture.

RNH, RNH, RNH! You really need to grow a short beard. I would totally dick you with one and I'm pretty sure lot's of ladies would do the same if they have a good taste.

Gimme a year

...maybe 2

*has next to no ability to grow facial hair*

And that's now 2 guys saying they would bone me.

...*shrugs* I'll take it

marrec

Banned

Ya know our perception of relationships in media is fucked when JokerXQuinn is described as "somewhat" abusive :lmao

I mean, they probably just haven't read the relevant comics, but even still.

I wonder if my mum ever made out with someone while wearing this jacket. I hope so because that means it works.

If you can make out with someone in that jacket in the next 7 days I will give you 1 MILLION dollars

offer subject to change without notice

FloatOn

I hate that my car doesn't have a way to play music on my phone.

no aux cable. no bluetooth. it's strictly cd/radio

therefore I don't get to listen to the new radiohead while I drive around town.

it also doesn't have AC right now so I'm kind of over it. I should buy something new.

Misha

Banned
Ya know our perception of relationships in media is fucked when JokerXQuinn is described as "somewhat" abusive :lmao

I mean, they probably just haven't read the relevant comics, but even still.

If you can make out with someone in that jacket in the next 7 days I will give you 1 MILLION dollars

offer subject to change without notice

the clip they showed before with the two of them in the car was full on abusive if i remember right. I'm hoping its just poor wording and not missing the point

Misha

Banned
Maybe it was meant to be read facetiously lol
should have put somewhat in italics if so

its just a thing in the article anyway so shouldn't have anything to do with the movie
This is the second time it happened to me...

Ok, I basically asked why Fiction quit GAF and you volunteered to explain it to me via PM

@Misha: Thanks! You have good memory, young lady

haha i thought of that post as well. I'm good at spotting foreshadowing :^)

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
What is the Bree Olson thing?

And how do you pronounce your real name? You never told me :(
Bree Olson announced that she isn't attracted to men, and she only cums by imagining that she has a dick and her partner is working it. She said she was contemplating full on gender transition but she is at least going to get rid of her tits.

And its like Ahf-braheek

I mean, they probably just haven't read the relevant comics,
jokerharley30.jpg

jokerharley28.jpg

jokerharley27.jpg

jokerharley16.jpg

And yeah, all of those stupid crazy love harley x joker memes I see on facebook drive me fucking mad.

marrec

Banned
thats a thing? yikes...

Shit now I'm worried that impressionable young folk will associate the kind of relationship Joker and Harley have with some kind of cool edginess.

I mean, a lot of the writers for Joker in the comics already seem to feel that way, using Harley as a recurring punching bag to show how crazy and edgy Joker is.

Can we talk about how bad Joker is written most of the time?

Misha

Banned
Shit now I'm worried that impressionable young folk will associate the kind of relationship Joker and Harley have with some kind of cool edginess.

I mean, a lot of the writers for Joker in the comics already seem to feel that way, using Harley as a recurring punching bag to show how crazy and edgy Joker is.

Can we talk about how bad Joker is written most of the time?

the joker already is associated with cool edginess, wouldn't be much of a stretch.

its interesting though that giving a name to the henchman makes his actions worse. its not like villains don't consistently punch/shoot etc whatever person they have around when things go poorly for them. the fact that she's a full character really makes it obvious (well you'd think) that the villains are truly awful people and not just someone playing a game with the goodguys.
that and having ivy around gives harley a chance to be shown as an individual away from him

its such an interesting situation that really could only have been done with a villain as established as the joker

also i don't read comics enough to know how often he's poorly written :p

marrec

Banned
I need a cigarette...and a drink now

I mean, it's just a boyfriend, they ain't married.

In any case, you're a pretty and sociable guy, you'll get another shot at it in the near future.

Contrast with me, I'm grumpy and have a messed up face. Look on the bright side!

the joker already is associated with cool edginess, wouldn't be much of a stretch.

its interesting though that giving a name to the henchman makes his actions worse. its not like villains don't consistently punch/shoot etc whatever person they have around when things go poorly for them. the fact that she's a full character really makes it obvious (well you'd think) that the villains are truly awful people and not just someone playing a game with the goodguys.
that and having ivy around gives harley a chance to be shown as an individual away from him

its such an interesting situation that really could only have been done with a villain as established as the joker

also i don't read comics enough to know how often he's poorly written :p

I like everything about Harley when she's separated from the Joker, but it's like the writers get some kind of bad writing disease as soon as they are back together. We're not talking about some kind of legitimate writing of battered spouse syndrome, but an actual destruction of Harley's character. Luckily recently she's been away from him more often than not.

Recently the Joker's arc's have been garbage anyway, with or without Harley.

I award you no points, you would have made out with yourself with or without the jacket. you get NOTHING, GOOD DAY SIR.

Misha

Banned
I like everything about Harley when she's separated from the Joker, but it's like the writers get some kind of bad writing disease as soon as they are back together. We're not talking about some kind of legitimate writing of battered spouse syndrome, but an actual destruction of Harley's character. Luckily recently she's been away from him more often than not.

Recently the Joker's arc's have been garbage anyway, with or without Harley.

I can't imagine being a good writer and then someone else continuing where you left off and just ruining a character you spent time and effort getting right.

its interesting reading gail simone's thoughts on characters she wrote a lot of the time and her speculation how they would have handled things. I usually like her versions

It's AWFUL

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I can't imagine being a good writer and then someone else continuing where you left off and just ruining a character you spent time and effort getting right.

its interesting reading gail simone's thoughts on characters she wrote a lot of the time and her speculation how they would have handled things. I usually like her versions
Yeah, George RR Martin says one of the things he has always wanted to do is write a major epic for Marvel, but the idea of someone undoing his work has kept him from doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom