• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Everyone is talented here :O

I'm not talented but I make up for that with my sass.
f581495479.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
my new goal in life is convincing DC to let me write an Atomic Wonder Woman comic
while wearing her outfit

My goal is making a visual novel but I suck at consistency when doing art and my lack of patience. I get I can reuse a lot of poses and make the characters like a 2D character with joints to get poses but meeeeeh.

Jobbs

Banned
I have nothing against gal gadot but she doesn't seem to embody the amazonion qualities of wonder woman

but what do I know

zeemumu

my new goal in life is convincing DC to let me write an Atomic Wonder Woman comic
while wearing her outfit

You could always watch Flashpoint Wonder Woman have an affair with Aquaman, decapitate his wife, take her crown, declare war on Atlantis, hang Steve Trevor with the lasso of truth, and then murder several children.

Misha

Banned
infinite crisis had amazing concept art

You could always watch Flashpoint Wonder Woman have an affair with Aquaman, decapitate his wife, take her crown, declare war on Atlantis, hang Steve Trevor with the lasso of truth, and then murder several children.
thats okay but wonderwoman doing more of a mad max thing is better.
Gangster. Can I dress up like Batwoman and write a crossover?

you're gonna have to come up with a batwoman costume that fits in this new universe but sure!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Day off from gym awwwwwwwwwww yeeaaahhhhhhh

Can a FakeGAF meetup ever happen? So many of you seem to live in bizarre, far off landmasses

Misha

Banned
You guys need to team up and create an entire Atomic line for DC. Post-apocalyptic DC would be fucking dope.

i'd think it would start with some massive conflict where captain atom eventually implodes and takes out half the heroes along with a bunch of villains and mutates a bunch more. (I vaguely remember this nearly happening in justice league unlimited)

of course that wouldn't directly be shown ever except through folklore throughout the new tribes, each having their own idea of what happened, sometimes worshiping the few that survived the blast

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
You guys need to team up and create an entire Atomic line for DC. Post-apocalyptic DC would be fucking dope.
Don't give Geoff Johns and Dan DiDio any ideas. They'll kill everyone created after 1966 and have Hal Jordan rove the lands with silver age characters.

Semi related, I have almost no DC pulls due to those fucks. They make comics for 50 year old white men.

Every character I loved growing up and every interesting character they have created since the silver age has been killed, minimized or removed from canon in the DiDio era. I fucking hate that bald fuck.

FloatOn

true love waits is a song by radiohead that was written 21 years ago. it is finally, for the first time, appearing on their latest studio album a moon shaped pool. could you imagine writing something and crafting it and recrafting it and then finally decide that it is ready to be put on an album after 21 years?

back in 2015 Thom Yorke and his partner and mother of his children split after 23 years. Now read these lyrics with that context.

I'll drown my beliefs
To have your babies
I'll dress like your niece
And wash your swollen feet
Just don't leave
Don't leave
I'm not living, I'm just killing time
Your tiny hands, your crazy-kitten smile
Just don't leave
Don't leave
And true love waits
In haunted attics
And true love lives
On lollipops and crisps
Just don't leave
Don't leave

I thought I had been through some shit after my seven year marriage...

zeemumu

i'd think it would start with some massive conflict where captain atom eventually implodes and takes out half the heroes along with a bunch of villains and mutates a bunch more. (I vaguely remember this nearly happening in justice league unlimited)

of course that wouldn't directly be shown ever except through folklore throughout the new tribes, each having their own idea of what happened, sometimes worshiping the few that survived the blast

Isn't the Atomic universe's story that WW III happened by accident because a space rock or whatever destroyed Smallville and the US assumed that they were being bombed?

And for the Justice League Unlimited thing, I don't remember it killing anyone, but Captain Atom's suit got damaged at some point and he exploded

marrec

Banned
Isn't the Atomic universe's story that WW III happened by accident because a space rock or whatever destroyed Smallville and the US assumed that they were being bombed?

That's Distant Fires, and it wasn't really a Post-Apocalypse story so much as a Cold War story.

Misha

Banned

And for the Justice League Unlimited thing, I don't remember it killing anyone, but Captain Atom's suit got damaged at some point and he exploded

well yeah but i just want an excuse to kill off all the characters i don't care for.

yeah thats why i said nearly. i think he ended up flying/being thrown into the outer atmosphere to avoid damage

That's Distant Fires, and it wasn't really a Post-Apocalypse story so much as a Cold War story.

well thats the story they used in infinite crisis
About Atomic Wonder Woman: With the world's superpowers threatening nuclear war, Wonder Woman was in training to come to 'Man's World' in hopes of brokering a peace between the parties. As she was preparing to leave, an object from space crashed into Kansas, destroying the town of Smallville. The United States, mistaking the impact for a first strike, retaliated for this perceived attack. Soon, both sides exchanged their full nuclear arsenal. No portion of the Earth was untouched and even Wonder Woman's home island of Themyscira was left in ruins. When the bombs stopped and a deathly silence covered the world, Wonder Woman saw that her mission of peace had become an errand of mercy and restoration. In the rubble of the world, she struggles to help the survivors build a new, and hopefully more harmonious, world.

Although she has seen terrible loss and destruction, Wonder Woman's will remains strong. She is confident the world can be rebuilt and that hope will return to the Earth.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Jobbs you said you hated beards you BLAZING HYPOCRITE

zeemumu

well yeah but i just want an excuse to kill off all the characters i don't care for.

yeah thats why i said nearly. i think he ended up flying/being thrown into the outer atmosphere to avoid damage

well thats the story they used in infinite crisis

You could use DC Universe Online's method where all of the founding Justice League members die in a battle royale against Lex Luthor's villain team. Flash and Green Lantern get Shazaam'd by Black Adam, Batman gets strangled with Wonder Woman's lasso by Deathstroke and then they're both blown up by Joker, Wonder Woman gets murdered by Lex in order to call Superman, and Supes get stabbed with a Kryptonite spear after Lex hid Kryptonite tic tacs in Wonder Woman's mouth to weaken him.

SolVanderlyn

Wonder Woman x SolVanderlyn ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Misha

Banned
You could use DC Universe Online's method where all of the founding Justice League members die in a battle royale against Lex Luthor's villain team. Flash and Green Lantern get Shazaam'd by Black Adam, Batman gets strangled with Wonder Woman's lasso by Deathstroke and then they're both blown up by Joker, Wonder Woman gets murdered by Lex in order to call Superman, and Supes get stabbed with a Kryptonite spear after Lex hid Kryptonite tic tacs in Wonder Woman's mouth to weaken him.

that was sorta what i was suggesting. its probably a better idea tho to go with the completely alternate universe where not everyone knows each other at the time, and we can kill off the leader of the justice league, cyborg (sorry to say but he has no chance vs the emp blast)

MutFox

Banned
I'm not big on the DC Universe. (not a fan of most of the characters, except Batman)
Though I do thoroughly enjoy their 1 off graphic novels.

Misha

Banned
I'm not big on the DC Universe. (not a fan of most of the characters, except Batman)
Though I do thoroughly enjoy their 1 off graphic novels.

I feel that way about Marvel (with spiderman being the exception)

never read a comic of theirs that i've enjoyed so far tho. gonna try hawkeye and see how that turns out

zeemumu

that was sorta what i was suggesting. its probably a better idea tho to go with the completely alternate universe where not everyone knows each other at the time, and we can kill off the leader of the justice league, cyborg (sorry to say but he has no chance vs the emp blast)

Aww, you're making me flash back to that Teen Titans episode "How Long is Forever" where they disbanded after Starfire disappeared and Cyborg was stuck in the tower because his power cells all burned out.

Misha

Banned
Aww, you're making me flash back to that Teen Titans episode "How Long is Forever" where they disbanded after Starfire disappeared and Cyborg was stuck in the tower because his power cells all burned out.

and that reminded me of terra :(

unfortunate that from what i hear thats the only good version of her

MutFox

Banned

never read a comic of theirs that i've enjoyed so far tho. gonna try hawkeye and see how that turns out

With Marvel I like some story arks, origins and some characters as well.
Like Silver Surfer is by far, my fave Marvel Character.
Though most of Marvel comics like the most of the MCU movies are forgettable.

Just sucks Silver Surfer will never get a good movie.
I think his origin would make an awesome movie.

zeemumu

and that reminded me of terra :(

unfortunate that from what i hear thats the only good version of her

I don't think it's the only good version but I think it was one of the better versions.

She's evil in the Teen Titans Go! cartoon :/

Are you looking for gripping or dumb fun? Because i might be able to suggest a few.

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is good for dumb fun just to see how he manages it.

Misha

Banned
I don't think it's the only good version but I think it was one of the better versions.

She's evil in the Teen Titans Go! cartoon :/
how does she come back in the ttg cartoon?
Are you looking for gripping or dumb fun? Because i might be able to suggest a few.

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is good for dumb fun just to see how he manages it.

neither really. i'm not a big fan of super dramatic comics. more day to day stuff with nice moments and occasional intriguing plots.

zeemumu

how does she come back in the ttg cartoon?

The TTG cartoon is its own thing from what I can tell. In the episode that I saw her in, she was pretending to like Beast Boy to infiltrate the titans.

Technically she never left in the original cartoon.
She turned herself to stone then turned back after the Trigon arc and was leading a normal life until Beast Boy found her again in the last episode.

I appreciate that the show was able to maintain an air of mystery around Slade despite him being an established character already. Ron Pearlman voices him again in Flashpoint

Misha

Banned
The TTG cartoon is its own thing from what I can tell. In the episode that I saw her in, she was pretending to like Beast Boy to infiltrate the titans.

Technically she never left in the original cartoon.
She turned herself to stone then turned back after the Trigon arc and was leading a normal life until Beast Boy found her again in the last episode.

yeah i sorta got that but i assumed it sorta relies on the original to establish the characters. thats really dumb though

i know. though theres questions if she had amnesia or was just avoiding him

zeemumu

yeah i sorta got that but i assumed it sorta relies on the original to establish the characters. thats really dumb though

i know. though theres questions if she had amnesia or was just avoiding him

I think she was avoiding him. If it was amnesia then there should have been plenty of questions in her mind that she'd want answered (how she ended up in a cave and why she was wearing the Slade armor, for example).

The new cartoon is almost pure comedy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom