• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
I have played probably 10 matches so far and I've only played d.va because why bother with anything else?

I only play mech characters

I mean, sure if you're a giant weeb I can see why D.va would be the only viable character. Maybe Genji too

yeah theirs are a bit different but mei definitely does follow the sort of archetype i was thinking.

now i want to come up with other types of abilities that would fit well in the game :p

I'm thinking a "relocate" type ability akin to Wisp from DOTA where you can move yourself and another character from one area to another after a short delay. If your tank gets caught out you can zip in and relocate them behind your lines.

Seems like the perfect Mercy ability.

I'd get crazy and start adding in items though, I wouldn't be able to help it.

Misha

Banned
FREE?!?!

That sounds too good to be true! :O
Due to most devs/pubs wanting to nickel and dime us.

from the sound of it, they have 15 characters possibly in development (per that article). THIS is the model i always wanted out of a multiplayer game. Primarily is a flat cost product with extra revenue brought in through cosmetic purchases

I'm thinking a "relocate" type ability akin to Wisp from DOTA where you can move yourself and another character from one area to another after a short delay. If your tank gets caught out you can zip in and relocate them behind your lines.

Seems like the perfect Mercy ability.

I'd get crazy and start adding in items though, I wouldn't be able to help it.
so like Reaper's but for other people. not bad.

NO ITEMS.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to do (play?) something and I completely blank on what it was.

Goddamn.

Misha

Banned
I don't even know what weeb is, that's how much not a weeb I am, you.. you crudmaster

perry_bible_fellowship_weeaboo.jpg

MutFox

Banned
from the sound of it, they have 15 characters possibly in development (per that article). THIS is the model i always wanted out of a multiplayer game. Primarily is a flat cost product with extra revenue brought in through cosmetic purchases

Me too, I hate games that split the community.
Especially maps, it literally kills the community.
That's why I stopped getting Battlefield and CoD games, they love that model.

I don't mind them monetizing skins if they want, but not gameplay.

marrec

Banned
Me too, I hate games that split the community.
Especially maps, it literally kills the community.
That's why I stopped getting Battlefield and CoD games, they love that model.

I don't mind them monetizing skins if they want, but not gameplay.

You guys are describing DOTA 2 I'm just saying

MutFox

Banned
You guys are describing DOTA 2 I'm just saying

LoL you can earn guys without paying.
Had the game since 2010, haven't spent a dime on it. :p
(Only play ARAM now)

Though yeah, DOTA2 has everyone unlocked and free.
I might play it again since they now have community maps and stuff.

Not a fan of the speed of DOTA2 though.
Too slow at the start.

From Valve I prefer CS:GO.
Hopefully L4D3 is awesome, if it ever comes out.

marrec

Banned
MOBAs are trash. also it has a total of 1 map last i checked.

The best, most tuned and expertly crafted map in the business. In the most recent patch they just moved some trees around and it changed the juke game entirely.

You won't go changing a chess board would you?!

Not a fan of the speed of DOTA2 though.
Too slow at the start.

The best part about DOTA is the methodical start and the back and forth of the first 6-10 minutes of ganking, rotating, and farming.

Jobbs

Banned
I am a league of legends master, but I quit for various reasons (too much time wasted on it and all but stopped me from playing other games)

MutFox

Banned
The best part about DOTA is the methodical start and the back and forth of the first 6-10 minutes of ganking, rotating, and farming.

In that time I could have played 2 rounds of rocket league or 3-6 rounds of CS:GO. :p
Also in that time, I could have played half an ARAM match in LoL. :D

marrec

Banned
In that time I could have played 2 rounds of rocket league or 3-6 rounds of CS:GO. :p
Also in that time, I could have played half an ARAM match in LoL. :D

Started out 0-5 as a carry in DOTA match last night but was able to turn it around after 20 minutes of methodical survival and farming.

They could have stopped me by pushing in properly and removing my ability to farm but they were too slow. Was able to finish the game 15-7 after 50 minutes.

God I love DOTA.

Misha

Banned
I'm a casual in games so they need to be fairly easy for me to pick up and play for me to enjoy. MOBAs just take way too much time investment that i have no interest in (also i think the perspective sucks for managing a single unit and always have since starcraft custom maps)

marrec

Banned
I'm a casual in games so they need to be fairly easy for me to pick up and play for me to enjoy. MOBAs just take way too much time investment that i have no interest in (also i think the perspective sucks for managing a single unit and always have since starcraft custom maps)

HotS matches are usually pretty quick, Smite too. Have you tried either of those?

zeemumu

I'm fine with a learning curve but god damn don't jump down my throat in second 1 because I didn't buy the starter item that you usually get.

For a game like overwatch it'd be cool if they did one character per player per team modes

Seeing multiple people use the same character is kinda boring

But then again it'd turn into a lets rush to pick our character scenario

Go Winston players B^)

marrec

Banned
I'm fine with a learning curve but god damn don't jump down my throat in second 1 because I didn't buy the starter item that you usually get.

I'll admit, almost everyone who plays DOTA 2 is a garbage human. Even pro players are complete shit-heads on their private streams. It's as if Bad Manners (BM) is a meta game all on it's own.

MutFox

Banned
I can't stay in mobas for long. The game is okay but the community is terrible.

I find most gaming communities terrible.
Try and ignore most people talking, as they usually troll.

Though I will stand up for people if they are getting harassed.
Even though it solves nothing.
(Usually they shutup cause they're usually the worst player)

Usually I'm on a private Teamspeak server with friends just casually talking.

Misha

Banned
HotS matches are usually pretty quick, Smite too. Have you tried either of those?
yes and they're better. still take a lot of learning for slow payoff.
my favorite MOBA actually was infinite crisis. they had this nice small map and i would play as atomic wonderwoman (who didn't have a mana bar which was cool cause mana bars suuuuuuck)

some things that help for me with overwatch are their multiple practice modes which make it easy to try out characters with zero pressure. lack of locking abilities behind succeeding in game. actually notable standard attack. and other stuff

only things that could make me like it more would be LAN and offline games that you can fill with bots
For a game like overwatch it'd be cool if they did one character per player per team modes

Seeing multiple people use the same character is kinda boring

But then again it'd turn into a lets rush to pick our character scenario

Go Winston players B^)

usually its a disadvantage to have multiple per team (or at least more than 2)

definitely wouldn't hurt to make it a mode or an option in a custom match

MutFox

Banned
I got into the Paragon beta,
still haven't installed the game.

Might give that a try.
Maybe it'll be better than Smite.

I did enjoy HotS since it's quick and has several maps.
Also like not having to go back to base to get items.

marrec

Banned
I find most gaming communities terrible.
Try and ignore most people talking, as they usually troll.

Though I will stand up for people if they are getting harassed.
Even though it solves nothing.
(Usually they shutup cause they're usually the worst player)

Usually I'm on a private Teamspeak server with friends just casually talking.

It's an odd dichotomy in DOTA, because most everyone is a shithead, but most everyone is also giving good advice while yelling their shitty things. So it's a struggle to not do the opposite just to spite their shitty fits.

Anyway, enough about DOTA from me (for now)

My favorite MOBA is Awesomenauts. I was actually kind of shocked that anyone could be mad while playing that game, or at least mad enough to hurl slurs, but I was wrong!

marrec

Banned
I got into the Paragon beta,
still haven't installed the game.

Might give that a try.
Maybe it'll be better than Smite.

i did enjoy HotS since it's quick and has several maps.
Also like not having to go back to base to get items.

Smite is a really good palette cleanser. I wind down with either that or HotS, but I may do that with Overwatch now.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Ehhh I tried LoL and DOTA and didnt like either game. MOBA is not my thing but I guess mixing it with other genres can work fine.

marrec

Banned
lets now talk about how badass atomic wonder woman is

please do a cosplay of that, Gal Gadot

Ya know what, a lot of my MOBA buddies hated it, but I really enjoyed Infinite Crisis. It had some interesting unique mechanics that kept me coming back.

Also I could play as Barry Allen.

Atomic Wonder Woman was dope, so was Gaslight Joker.

zeemumu

I loved pulling bullshit when I was deep into playing Halo. Launching vehicles at people and all that. The Modern Warfare multiplayers were always a bit more tense because I was afraid of losing my kill streak (I had it set up in a way that would let me use the first two to get a nuke if I played my cards right).

WoW pvp was hit and miss because it depended more heavily on teamwork than most shooters.

LoL and HotS were okay but it was hard to have fun with them because I felt like I was playing with a gun to my head.

lets now talk about how badass atomic wonder woman is

please do a cosplay of that, Gal Gadot

I'll be honest, I've only really read one Wonder Woman arc. If it's not Batman or The Flash I tend to ignore it.

MutFox

Banned
Smite is a really good palette cleanser. I wind down with either that or HotS, but I may do that with Overwatch now.

I got the god pack or whatever it's called when the game came out.
So I have all the characters in Smite.
I think everyone has access to that pack now.

Thought it was a good deal.

MutFox

Banned
For me the game that has the community I despise the most is CS:GO.
Though I still enjoy the game, but in competitive maps, people are just so angry and mean.

zeemumu

Community aside, I think fighting games have the steepest learning curve. You're gonna get obliterated over and over again before you get anywhere.

marrec

Banned
marrec help

Infinite Crisis is a MOBA that takes place in the DC Universe. Atomic Wonder Woman is a character in the MOBA that was never featured in the comics but can be seen as an amalgam of Red Son Wonder Woman and Superman: Distant Fires Wonder Woman.

She was pretty awesome, and I kinda what a comic focusing on her now.

Misha

Banned
Ya know what, a lot of my MOBA buddies hated it, but I really enjoyed Infinite Crisis. It had some interesting unique mechanics that kept me coming back.

Also I could play as Barry Allen.

Atomic Wonder Woman was dope, so was Gaslight Joker.
it was simple enough for me which was the good thing. its that and having characters I actually cared about.

i'd switch between her, ivy, wonderwoman, and i think shazam

really i'd love to do a cosplay, myself, some day. would be so awesome

She was pretty awesome, and I kinda what a comic focusing on her now.

YES PLEASE

Vazra

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Y'all should play Heroes of the Storm. Super accessible and fun MOBA

Hmm the start is rough but there are a lot of interchangable tactics between games that can help you adapt in multiple ones. Of course their unique systems and features change things but overall there is a common ground usually on most games.

Yep. Mechanics will always change, but the fundamentals never do.

Misha

Banned
I think I'm going to come up with a semi permanent atomic wonderwoman avatar after the NHL playoffs. doubt anyone else has one anymore on this site

Vazra

Y'all should play Heroes of the Storm. Super accessible and fun MOBA

I tried it and I didnt find it fun. I should try finding more friends to play with if I try to get into it again cause 1 and then the rest with randoms with tons of experience kill the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom