• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
freelance art/graphic design is pretty much hell, because -- like, most people hiring you don't know fucking shit about what looks good or what's a good idea, but that doesn't stop them from having terrible and *very specific* ideas.

I aim to never do it again, I hated it passionately

Client wise....yeah, but that'll happen in any sort of freelance or contract based business.

Yeah, I got so fed up with it. I started working for my dad last autumn because an opportunity came up and I haven't looked back. The pay is slightly less than what I had been getting before but it's far more stable, much less stressful, and scheduling is still pretty lenient. (I have regular hours but I can just text my dad if I'm going to be coming in late or have to take the day off and he just rolls with it, and I can stay overtime to make extra whenever I want).

So having been there I have mad respect for anyone in the freelance biz who manages to make it stick long-term.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'd be the heir to a sizable fortune if Castro never kicked my dad's family out of Cuba. Then again I also very well might not exist so I'm not really sure how to feel about that one

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'd be the heir to a sizable fortune if Castro never kicked my dad's family out of Cuba. Then again I also very well might not exist so I'm not really sure how to feel about that one

You should march down there and give Castro a piece of your mind.

Guys don't be lewd.

Is it a family business or does your dad work for somebody else?

My dad owns a few different businesses. At the screen printing shop where I work is my dad's main office, but my older brother is the floor manager. Then besides me there are five non-family employees who do the printing and operations.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Did he meet your mother outside of Cuba? Then you definitely wouldn't exist. Fortune shmortune.
Yeah he did, so this is likely. Then again, you never know, maybe I would have had the same soul with different genetics?

You should march down there and give Castro a piece of your mind.
I can't because I'm actually an enemy of the state by extension of my dad writing a memoir painting the government in a negative light. I'd probably be detained if I went there lol

Xiao Hu

Guys don't be lewd.

Congrats on the sex

My dad owns a few different businesses. At the screen printing shop where I work is my dad's main office, but my older brother is the floor manager. Then besides me there are five non-family employees who do the printing and operations.

That's cool. I imagine working for your own family is usually more motivating than slaving yourself to some ungrateful cunt.

zeemumu

Come for to me, daddy drake

I'm gonna rent it from a Redbox and see if I can complete it before the return fees get ridiculous. Apparently it's $2 a day for games, so I'll give myself a week at most. Should I fail, I'll buy it.

Unless I can't find it. Then I'll just buy it anyway and complete my collection

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I need to play more Overwatch for my sanity tonight though.

tumblr_inline_nmrkkgrubD1r4j8j1_500.gif

Transhuman#1515

Jobbs

Banned
I'm expecting a lot of crazy setpieces where everything's falling apart or there's an earthquake or whatever and I'm vaguely in control of Drake as he jumps from thing to thing.

The ironic thing is that these segments are the least exciting parts of the game (this goes for UC as well as Tomb Raider). I don't understand the reliance on them.

That's cool. I imagine working for your own family is usually more motivating than slaving yourself to some ungrateful cunt.

Freelance clients notwithstanding, I've only ever worked for people I like a lot, so it's hard to say. I'm pleased with my current predicament though.

I'm expecting a lot of crazy setpieces where everything's falling apart or there's an earthquake or whatever and I'm vaguely in control of Drake as he jumps from thing to thing.

The ironic thing is that these segments are the least exciting parts of the game (this goes for UC as well as Tomb Raider). I don't understand the reliance on them.

I heard fewer set pieces this time around, and that the E3 vid is basically the biggest set piece in the game.

FUME5

Fucking spoilers dude.

Misha

Banned
Freelance clients notwithstanding, I've only ever worked for people I like a lot, so it's hard to say. I'm pleased with my current predicament though.

pre·dic·a·ment
/prəˈdikəmənt/
noun: predicament; plural noun: predicaments
1. a difficult, unpleasant, or embarrassing situation.
"the club's financial predicament"
synonyms: difficult situation, mess, difficulty, plight, quandary, muddle, mare's nest; More

Granadier

pre·dic·a·ment
/prəˈdikəmənt/
synonyms: difficult situation, mess, difficulty, plight, quandary, muddle, mare's nest; More

l3JngW6.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
I heard fewer set pieces this time around, and that the E3 vid is basically the biggest set piece in the game.

well, we'll find out soon. I'll give it a chance. the thing with the jeep and then nathan's swinging on a rope and crashing through a boat or whatever had my eyes rolling back into my head.

I'm pleased with my current predicament though.

am I mistaken or is this statement at odds with itself? 'predicament' denotes a negative circumstance

pre·dic·a·ment
/prəˈdikəmənt/

well this is awkward. I've been using that word wrong for a dozen years or more. In my mind it's always been synonymous with situation.

Granadier

well this is awkward. I've been using that word wrong for a dozen years or more. In my mind it's always been synonymous with situation.

Or you've been subconsciously screaming for someone to rescue you from working situations.

zeemumu

Heh

"Play of the game: This fucker as Bastion in his turret form"

Do you people not sleep?

Most of us sleep at different times because we're in different time zones with different lifestyles so there's always someone maintaining the thread *clocks out*

jb1234

Do you people not sleep?

Depends where you live. It's just 9:23 PM here.

I've started work on a classical song for soprano. It sounds really nice so far, much more peaceful than the usual stuff I write. It's a fun change of pace. I've already asked my preferred singer if she wants to tackle it and I'm betting she'll be very flattered.

Misha

Banned

At the very least, id bet everyone knew what you meant so it isn't a failure of language. It just reads like an oxymoron in those situations so there would be some expected irony id think

Do you people not sleep?

Nah. Just pay a little attention and you'll start noticing what everyone's sleep schedule is, more or less. Excepting this past weekend, I tend to sleep a whole lot.

Or you've been subconsciously screaming for someone to rescue you from working situations.

Yeah I'm like Kenneth from 30 Rock :p

At the very least, id bet everyone knew what you meant so it isn't a failure of language. It just reads like an oxymoron in those situations so there would be some expected irony id think

Oh, for sure! Especially since I'm often an advocate of word play. In this case it was just a gaffe.

Granadier

So I just found out that you can look up your Google searches, and there's analytics on them.

7AV3xix.png

StackOverflow is my savior.

Granadier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom