• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
did you bang your work crush in the bathroom like I told you

Magic-8-Ball.jpg

zeemumu

Do you think you made the right choice?

I'm going to derail this joke by answering seriously.

Yes I did. When you throw a bunch of plates into the air in opposite directions and try to catch all of them you'll probably end up catching none. As fun as being a jack of all trades, master of none was, It'd be nice to have more depth in a specific subject. When I'm done with that, then I can move onto something else. That goes for small stuff too, like deciding what video to watch.

zeemumu

man everyone except jobbs is having date trouble

I'm not really having serious trouble. You have to take dating seriously before that can happen, and I really haven't been because I'm trying to get my shit together before I'm ready to start dating to avoid answering a bunch of awkward life questions.

Jobbs

Banned
yeah now that I'm seeing someone I suddenly see two other prospects. I wish I could donate some of this extra. wonder if the salvation army would take it

man everyone except jobbs is having date trouble

I mean

Does it count as trouble if I'm not really trying because the prospect terrifies me? >_>

I'm going to derail this joke by answering seriously.

Yes I did. When you throw a bunch of plates into the air in opposite directions and try to catch all of them you'll probably end up catching none. As fun as being a jack of all trades, master of none was, It'd be nice to have more depth in a specific subject. When I'm done with that, then I can move onto something else. That goes for small stuff too, like deciding what video to watch.
Damnit!

But that's good to hear. I can be pretty indecisive a lot of the time, so I get what you mean.

I'm not having dating trouble but for some reason there's been an uptick in guys harassing me on the way to/from work. I'm riding my bike and listening to something in my headphones. Leave me alone.

zeemumu

Looks like Psycho is up next on the list of announcements for Halloween Horror Nights. I wonder if Universal Studios Hollywood will use the Psycho set for that. It seems like a no-brainer but that set is really far away from the actual park and not very big.

Jobbs

Banned
I want Bonk's Adventure for NES. :(

:: retro game collecting ::

Friggin $600 just for the cartridge. Wish I foresaw all of this 15 years ago.

I guess the only person here who might know wtf I'm talking about is Ceallach.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I enjoyed Bonk so I know what u talking about.

MutFox

Banned

Bonk's Revenge on the TurboGrafx 16 was better.
Much better.

Jobbs

Banned
Bonk's Revenge on the TurboGrafx 16 was better.
Much better.

I don't feel any attachment to T16 because I never had one. I enjoyed playing them in the store display, but that's the extent of my experience.

T16 and games for it are almost uniformly expensive now, if I'm not mistaken, anyway.

There's also a Bonk for SNES, but, man, I'm pretty sure it's shit. The NES one is way cooler.

MutFox

Banned
I don't feel any attachment to T16 because I never had one. I enjoyed playing them in the store display, but that's the extent of my experience.

T16 and games for it are almost uniformly expensive now, if I'm not mistaken, anyway.

There's also a Bonk for SNES, but, man, I'm pretty sure it's shit. The NES one is way cooler.

Could always get the emulated version.
Came out for the virtual console I believe.

FloatOn

that's alright AirZonk was way cooler anyway

cdd-art-4.jpg

look at that cool motherfucker

No, but we spent half of our lunch getting to know each other more. We have more in common than I could've thought.

I'm proud of you :D

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Try importing the gamecube game lol
bonk3.jpg

started watching the 100. it's so teenage-y & cheesy haha. a lot of the characters remind me of classic 80s/90s highschool movie brats. even the looks. also everything and everyone is so neat and polished and glowing looking which doesn't correspond with the story at all.
so that alone makes it pretty fun to watch. it feels like a much older show made with modern movie technology, which is kinda charming. don't know if I will stick with it though, sorry dragonz :eek:

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

Bonk is one of those top tier nes games like Dinosaur Peak and Little Samson, not only is it super expensive, but it's also highly counterfeited so buying online is dangerous and you need to open the cart if you even think about dropping the cash

FloatOn

started watching the 100. it's so teenage-y & cheesy haha. a lot of the characters remind me of classic 80s/90s highschool movie brats. even the looks. also everything and everyone is so neat and polished and glowing looking which doesn't correspond with the story at all.
so that alone makes it pretty fun to watch. it feels like a much older show made with modern movie technology, which is kinda charming. don't know if I will stick with it though, sorry dragonz :eek:

I got sucked into it last year. I haven't watched much of the latest season but I will say this:

The first part of season 1 sucks really bad. Like the first 7 episodes are just trash. But then shit gets real and gets much better after that. Season 2 was great from start to finish.

it is the least CW show there is once things take off. Basically a combination of LOST and the battlestar galactica remake

Jobbs

Banned
Re. The 100 The first handful of episodes are absolutely terrible, laughably so, but eventually you'll find that everyone's covered in blood and mud and are killing eachother.

For example, in the first few episodes, Octavia (dark haired cute girl) is presented as kind of an off the shelf flirt or whatever, but after the show hits its rhythm she's nothing like that. She becomes sort of a butch, dirty, always getting in fights, covered in dirt, running through the woods with a sword, etc.

There's also a really tedious love triangle in the first season (I think) but after that's done with the show gets much better

Bonk is one of those top tier nes games like Dinosaur Peak and Little Samson, not only is it super expensive, but it's also highly counterfeited so buying online is dangerous and you need to open the cart if you even think about dropping the cash

yeah I've yet to buy a truly expensive retro game. I think my most valuable game right now is Demon's Crest.

I got sucked into it last year. I haven't watched much of the latest season but I will say this:

The first part of season 1 sucks really bad. Like the first 7 episodes are just trash. But then shit gets real and gets much better after that. Season 2 was great from start to finish.

it is the least CW show there is once things take off. Basically a combination of LOST and the battlestar galactica remake

Re. The 100 The first handful of episodes are absolutely terrible, laughably so, but eventually you'll find that everyone's covered in blood and mud and are killing eachother.

For example, in the first few episodes, Octavia (dark haired cute girl) is presented as kind of an off the shelf flirt or whatever, but after the show hits its rhythm she's nothing like that. She becomes sort of a butch, dirty, always getting in fights, covered in dirt, running through the woods with a sword, etc.

There's also a really tedious love triangle in the first season (I think) but after that's done with the show gets much better

yeah I've yet to buy a truly expensive retro game. I think my most valuable game right now is Demon's Crest.
okay if you both say so I will try to pull through.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
yeah now that I'm seeing someone I suddenly see two other prospects. I wish I could donate some of this extra. wonder if the salvation army would take it

I'm not having dating trouble but for some reason there's been an uptick in guys harassing me on the way to/from work. I'm riding my bike and listening to something in my headphones. Leave me alone.

People that are off the market are more desirable.

---

trab, where are you at in the book now?

Timu

HIYA FAKERS

HOW ARE YA TODAY

I'M DOING GREAT =D
SO AM I!!!

This is what I hate about retro gaming, everything has gone up for games, definitely Saturn and SNES games.

Jobbs

Banned
okay if you both say so I will try to pull through.

it's worth giving a chance.

she goes from this

tumblr_inline_n6wyk0pP2O1shur2t.png

to this

tumblr_nea657lV1w1tq8fico6_500.gif

tumblr_nmi3rvaLKz1qiiay5o1_250.gif

91djOL3.gif

And this is representative of the show in general, which goes from dawson's creek to the opposite of dawson's creek over the course of one season

(And that's not even to mention Raven, who is one of my favorite characters on TV right now)

actually fuck that shit watch the americans with me

my face is basically this the entire time o_O

This is probably the best show on TV

zeemumu

It's adorable in the way a kid makes an ugly drawing which you tell the kiddo its cute and put it on the fridge for a week and then throw in the trash can.

We'll see who's laughing after my dog seal and I fight our way to the top while my Charizard burns your owl alive.

The 100's not my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom