• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Me while looking at hot guys on dating apps that I wont talk to cause Im shit.
wgbng1.gif

marrec

Banned
Morning fakers

I'm going through Overwatch withdrawal. Should pick up UC4 to deal with it.

I haven't played any other UC game though, besides the Vita one...

Yeah, I realized that. It just gives me the impression that I'm unattractive and overall undesirable, it sounds worse than it is but things like that nourish doubt about myself. Like several months ago I jokingly told a friend of mine that I lost my 'mojo'. I've never been a womanizer or so and honestly I was rather lucky to have all those flicks falling into my lap. Nowadays I'm lonely and desperate and don't know what to do anymore; feels like being a teenage boy again just many times worse.

Need a review by you plsss

it's a phase. you're living in a foreign country right now, far away from family and hometown friends. it's perfectly understandable to feel lonely.

how you guys start working on presentations? I really need to get something done soon :X but I don't know how....do I just start writing stuff down? notes? full text?

I usually take notes first of what I want on each slide, plan it out, and then just type it in. It's easier to get my thoughts down on paper first for some reason, maybe because so can scribble and cross out to my heart's content.

FloatOn

how you guys start working on presentations? I really need to get something done soon :X but I don't know how....do I just start writing stuff down? notes? full text?

the thing about presentations is that you never want the slides to be too wordy.

you basically just want a few bullet points up there that the audience can use as a point of reference.

the majority of the content you should already know and be able to speak to. so I usually familiarize myself with some kind of speech I want to give and then use the slides as a reinforcement.

it's extremely important for you to look at your audience rather than read off a slide.

hope this helps

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Start with the basics of what you need to get covered and flesh them out. You can do a full text if you want but usually if your notes are well crafted you should be able to catch on things and move forward.

I usually take notes first of what I want on each slide, plan it out, and then just type it in. It's easier to get my thoughts down on paper first for some reason, maybe because so can scribble and cross out to my heart's content.

Start with the basics of what you need to get covered and flesh them out. You can do a full text if you want but usually if your notes are well crafted you should be able to catch on things and move forward.
thanks, will start with notes then!
the thing about presentations is that you never want the slides to be too wordy.

you basically just want a few bullet points up there that the audience can use as a point of reference.

the majority of the content you should already know and be able to speak to. so I usually familiarize myself with some kind of speech I want to give and then use the slides as a reinforcement.

it's extremely important for you to look at your audience rather than read off a slide.

hope this helps
how do you familiarize yourself with the subject matter first? just read stuff up and memorize it?

also what's the most badass powerpoint design? all the standard ones are kinda lame :l

FloatOn

how do you familiarize yourself with the subject matter first? just read stuff up and memorize it?

yeah pretty much but if it's technical stuff like stats or specific dates I'll jot things down on note cards like the others have mentioned

basically what I"m trying to encourage you to do is not rely on the visual. you really don't want your audience watch you read from anything.

if you are going to present something you should be an expert on it.

Xiao Hu

Off to bed now. The alcohol didn't let me regenerate this night so my body is fucking exhausted. Let's see how tomorrow will be. Funny, my main purpose to go to university nowadays is the human interaction. I'm so tired of learning Chinese, really need vacation asap!

There is a rock and metal bar called 'Inferno' here in Shanghai. Chinese rock/metal scene is pretty small because the fascists in Beijing controll the music taste in this country and harder music genres are deemed immoral. I should definitely check out that bar soon.

yeah pretty much but if it's technical stuff like stats or specific dates I'll jot things down on note cards like the others have mentioned

basically what I"m trying to encourage you to do is not rely on the visual. you really don't want your audience watch you read from anything.

if you are going to present something you should be an expert on it.

yeah I'm definitely only putting the essentials on the slides, no worries! :)

hm guess I'll write an essay about the subject first then. it's the only way I really memorize stuff and be an expert about it.

I actually did presentations in the past and I knew how to handle them. but I'm just really nervous about this one. I already get anxious while prepping for it. probably why I put it off so much :X

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
guten morgen.

Deadpool was a lot of fun. Probably one of my favorite comic book movies.

We never got to playing UC4.

Yes, yes it was.

It had everything to be a colossal clusterfuck (GET IT?) but it turned out so damn good. The entire room was laughing breathless from start to end.

And Morena Baccarin. OMG.

FloatOn

hm guess I'll write an essay about the subject first then. it's the only way I really memorize stuff and be an expert about it.

I actually did presentations in the past and I knew how to handle them. but I'm just really nervous about this one. I already get anxious while prepping for it. probably why I put it off so much :X

just imagine everyone as fakegaf and you'll be fine :D

or naked

guten morgen.

Deadpool was a lot of fun. Probably one of my favorite comic book movies.

We never got to playing UC4.

yeah I love the way the story was structured. it didn't do the whole predictable origin story at the very begining. I like that it was mixed into the present day story.

and I was in hysterics the entire time. the little hand gag slayed me

you missed this thread shitting on me last night. that was super fun

Jobbs

Banned
Yes, yes it was.

It had everything to be a colossal clusterfuck (GET IT?) but it turned out so damn good. The entire room was laughing breathless from start to end.

And Morena Baccarin. OMG.

I think Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool is the best casting of a comic book character I've yet seen.

I liked when he said "It's like I made you in a computer" when she demonstrated knowledge of Empire Strikes Back. I'm remembering that so I can steal it. Can't with this girl since she saw the movie.

you missed this thread shitting on me last night. that was super fun

You lived long enough to become the villain

zeemumu

Just remember that the rest of the class probably doesn't care.

I have a group presentation due next Thursday and all we have is the title card. I'm not even completely clear on the subject.

Jobbs

Banned
deadpool sucked.

DXVymZL.gif

maybe you need to see it with a hot chick for it to be fun?

a few of the jokes fell flat, sure, but overall Ryan Reynolds managed to achieve what few people have (Will Ferrel in his prime is one example) in that at times I was laughing before he did or said anything, because his mere presence is so funny.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
My totally Deadpool illiterate girlfriend saw it with me and she howled like a hyena, too.

Half of the theatre was filled with people who clearly didn't know much about the character (including a surprising amount of girls) and still loved the film. It was the most energetic crowd I've seen since the original Avengers. I'm talking about belly laughs, squirming, poorly muffled screams and some vigorous clapping.

zeemumu

My totally Deadpool illiterate girlfriend saw it with me and she howled like a hyena, too.

Half of the theatre was filled with people who clearly didn't know much about the character (including a surprising amount of girls) and still loved the film. It was the most energetic crowd I've seen since the original Avengers. I'm talking about belly laughs, squirming, poorly muffled screams and some vigorous clapping.

It was Valentine's Day weekend. I think Deadpool even brings that up at some point.

FloatOn

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
also what's the most badass powerpoint design? all the standard ones are kinda lame :l

The best powerpoint design is one that doesn't look like it's there. Seriously. Keep the focus on whatever the subject matter is instead of trying to make the slides look overly appealing.

DXVymZL.gif

maybe you need to see it with a hot chick for it to be fun?

a few of the jokes fell flat, sure, but overall Ryan Reynolds managed to achieve what few people have (Will Ferrel in his prime is one example) in that at times I was laughing before he did or said anything, because his mere presence is so funny.

edit: read this wrong
Ryan Reynolds did a phenomenal job with making a comedy that also had action. I think the timing for Deadpool was perfect as well since it was making fun of a lot of super heros, and those movies are dominating the scene right now.

---

I went to Deadpool as a first date with a girl, which wasn't the greatest choice because first date and all. But I wanted to see the movie and I felt like being selfish. I don't think she enjoyed it much, but we went out for drinks afterwards and that went alright. Sex was not had. I blame Deadpool because it obviously couldn't have been me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom