• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

Calm down cowboy
93dfd3cf98.gif

Ari on the other hand can unload her titties at me any time!

Misha

Banned
I was born in Sewickley, but I've spent more time in southern California so I think I'd be SoCal GAF. I did retain the snow tolerance, though. Not very useful here unless I go snowboarding.
My best friend went to sewickley academy and I think my work has a sewickley address.

Only place I've ever been to that has on the same road car dealers specific to bmw, mercedes, Porsche, and jaguar

FloatOn

jesus I'm so tired

I think I maybe got 5 hours of sleep last night because reasons

long text convo with my female friend from texas that is coming to see me in december :D

zeemumu

do you retain the "n'nat" etc tolerance

People have issue with that phrase? I don't remember using it very often but I don't think I have a problem with it. The way that I speak changes from time to time. I was out fishing with my dad once and turned southern for a bit. Maybe all that time spent in Louisiana and Florida had some effect on me *shrug*

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Do guys mean mug each others' dicks the way girls mean mug each other's tits?

Str8 one here: we may throw some short, uncomfortable and totally subsconscious looks at the showers -followed by shame and regret- and that's it. Nothing like girls, though.

Back at my previous gym in the suburbs girls would line up to grope and feel the latest one to receive a boob upgrade.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Last night was the second night in a row where I had a dream that I was still in secondary school, only this time with Seth MacFarlane as my professor.

Actually, I've been having a lot of these kinds of dreams lately. Almost on a weekly basis now. Maybe it's my mind subconsciously telling me to go to university.

I get dirty looks at my chest from women all the time. It's annoying.

theyre jelly because they know their guys are looking too.

speaking of accents still...why isn't there a vid of someone cute just speaking with a thick and real Canadian accent. it's always just Americans trying to do it. :mad:

zeemumu

their jelly because they know their guys are looking too.

speaking of accents still...why isn't there a vid of someone cute just speaking with a thick and real Canadian accent. it's always just Americans trying to do it. :mad:

Most of the people that I know who do good Canadian accents are actually Canadian.

marrec

Banned
"going aht" means "going out", but more mind blowingly, going "aht-aht" means going out to something really important.

so if I had a REALLY exciting event to get to, I'd be going aht-aht.

The different pronunciations of normal words don't fascinate me as much as the different grammar or entirely new words that Pittsburghese has implemented and how much it's being disseminated among the younger classes in Pittsburgh.

Friend of my did an interesting exploratory essay on the "needs" construction in Pittsburgh and how it has clear socio-economic implications in it's use. It's a surprisingly understudied dialect for how prevalent it was in Pittsburgh up until very recently.

Misha

Banned
Oh. Never noticed that happens. Will pay attention when relevant
"going aht" means "going out", but more mind blowingly, going "aht-aht" means going out to something really important.

so if I had a REALLY exciting event to get to, I'd be going aht-aht.
Writing something phonetically doesn't suddenly make it weird

zeemumu

That seems pretty common. The best compliment I've ever seen someone who's in a relationship give another woman is "she's pretty." But not in a "Wow, she's pretty!" way. More like a "meh, passable" way.

Jobbs

Banned

Women acting negative towards other women for no real reason other than how they look or how they're dressed is a big turn off for me. I've witnessed this behavior, it's straight up unappealing

Misha

Banned
theyre jelly because they know their guys are looking too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M

Also listen to hockey podcasts or interviews of hockey players
The different pronunciations of normal words don't fascinate me as much as the different grammar or entirely new words that Pittsburghese has implemented and how much it's being disseminated among the younger classes in Pittsburgh.

Friend of my did an interesting exploratory essay on the "needs" construction in Pittsburgh and how it has clear socio-economic implications in it's use. It's a surprisingly understudied dialect for how prevalent it was in Pittsburgh up until very recently.
your perception needs reevaluating

Women acting negative towards other women for no real reason other than how they look or how they're dressed is a big turn off for me. I've witnessed this behavior, it's straight up unappealing

girls spend a lifetime being judged and learn to judge each other in return. It's why we're so hard on ourselves and on others.

I'm not trying to excuse people for being bitchy, but it's learned behavior.

zeemumu

girls spend a lifetime being judged and learn to judge each other in return. It's why we're so hard on ourselves and on others.

I'm not trying to excuse people for being bitchy, but it's learned behavior.

This is also more or less the reason why guys find it hard to go to hospitals to get checked for shit like cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom