• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
They spend the first three weeks breaking your spirit, and then when you're a shell of a human, they can fill you with whatever they want.

Bootcamp is actually brainwashing if you think about it.
Is it really brainwashing if you're aware of what they're doing and agree to it? It's not like they're drafted or anything.

I guess that logic doesn't really work with most harmful practices in jobs since the employer usually has the upper hand and can often get employees to believe their poor working conditions are fine.

At the very least it's one of the reasons I have no interest in the military

zeemumu

What if she voiced Samus in Other M?

What if she was going to back Ghost Song but decided that buying a used copy of Other M was a better use of her money and time?

Is it really brainwashing if you're aware of what they're doing and agree to it? It's not like they're drafted or anything.

I guess that logic doesn't really work with most harmful practices in jobs since the employer usually has the upper hand and can often get employees to believe their poor working conditions are fine.

Technically. You still need to maintain some semblance of self or you're gonna have a rough time when you're done with the military.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Fuck jobbs indeed.

Wanna spitroast Jobbs?

Also I should watch sports?
42de089b50.png

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

People need to understand complance and rank structute. It isn't brainwashing, it's consitioning. You need to be stressed as much as possible, it's how you weed out the weak willed.

FloatOn

Your 2) sounds reasonable but this one is fucked up IMO. If I am attracted to someone and like them or care about them or love them then what their bullshit dayjob is makes no difference to me and I couldn't give a shit what anyone else thinks.

yeah, I get that. and I agree it is a bit fucked up. it's why I asked if I was being unreasonable.

the thing is, it's not a money thing. It's a passion thing. I want to be with someone that is passionate about what they do. not that I need it but I think that would inspire me and push me more to further my passions.

like the girl that I was secretly in love with for like 10 years did all sorts of mundane shit for her day job but she had a great band that did all these shows around town. and then she dropped everything and moved to NYC to be a graphic designer for a major cosmetic company. that kind of passion is what I'm proud of.

I don't know if I'm making any sense here.

Halcyon

When did Hitler Nurse get a name. Now it has to be HNN.

My wife let me have a second date after she knew I was poor and lived with my grandma.

She's lucky she was a successful business owner or I would dumped right square on her ass.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, I get that. and I agree it is a bit fucked up. it's why I asked if I was being unreasonable.

the thing is, it's not a money thing. It's a passion thing. I want to be with someone that is passionate about what they do. not that I need it but I think that would inspire me and push me more to further my passions.
To be fair, your initial thought sounded much more like "I wanna look good when presenting my SO's job to others", which would be actually not that great man, if you think about it.

This variant on it sounds completely different, but again you use "not that I need it" and "to inspire ME" in one sentence soo

edit also Vazra that pic is fantastic lol

Jobbs

Banned
That's what Nikki does, I've heard

it has been known to happen.

Fuck jobbs indeed.

What if she was going to back Ghost Song but decided that buying a used copy of Other M was a better use of her money and time?

What if she worked on Metroid Prime 3 tho

What if she voiced Samus in Other M?

I'd have to punish her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Does she masturbate with a magazine?

I'd need to ask her, but as far as I know she's never owned a gun. Do you masturbate with a magazine? If so, why?

HN feels too dehumanizing. She's a person with a name, and since I already let it leak in here what her name is, I might as well just go with it

Misha

Banned
People need to understand complance and rank structute. It isn't brainwashing, it's consitioning. You need to be stressed as much as possible, it's how you weed out the weak willed.
That's a very good explanation.

I'd still argue it would be unethical for drafted troops but I suppose that's an issue with drafting in general than putting someone who was drafted through that.

Also terms like weak willed annoy me as someone with anxiety issues. Feels like I've done something wrong when it's something that's largely inherited. No idea what else you could call it though.
Ofc this also is because of our country's views on mental health

marrec

Banned

like the girl that I was secretly in love with for like 10 years did all sorts of mundane shit for her day job but she had a great band that did all these shows around town. and then she dropped everything and moved to NYC to be a graphic designer for a major cosmetic company. that kind of passion is what I'm proud of.

I don't know if I'm making any sense here.

I think you mean you just want them to HAVE passion, even if it's not related to their worklife at all.

marrec

Banned

My wife let me have a second date after she knew I was poor and lived with my grandma.

She's lucky she was a successful business owner or I would dumped right square on her ass.

A rare halycon sighting.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There's a Civ 6 coming out

BRAIN: "You suck at literally every other Civ game"

ME: "But it looks so cool"

BRAIN: "Dude you'll hate it within five minutes"

ME: "I KNOW BUT I WANT IT"

marrec

Banned
There's a Civ 6 coming out

BRAIN: "You suck at literally every other Civ game"

ME: "But it looks so cool"

BRAIN: "Dude you'll hate it within five minutes"

ME: "I KNOW BUT I WANT IT"

This is me with every Dark Souls game.

Although my Dark Souls II strims have been successful. I was able to take out the Pirate Viking Boss guy in two tries.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is me with every Dark Souls game.

Although my Dark Souls II strims have been successful. I was able to take out the Pirate Viking Boss guy in two tries.
Yeah, same. I was mighty tempted to get Bloodborne on sale but the above dialogue played in my head and I won the battle of reason and didn't get it

marrec

Banned
Yeah, same. I was mighty tempted to get Bloodborne on sale but the above dialogue played in my head and I won the battle of reason and didn't get it

Bloodborne is the only one I've actively liked, if that's any consolation. The combat actually feels good and not like everything is slow and boring like all other Souls games.

Im a 27 year old gay guy and I want to have your babies. Play me a song to sleep d... daddy
http://i.imgur.com/9SliHGJ.png

Hahaha, aww.

nice slide playing. I suck at playing slide. never clicked for me

Thanks!

I don't think I'm particularly good at it, but I do like it. Did you try open tunings? I think too many people (myself included) try to start in standard with this dinky little pyrex slide from a chain guitar store. Any electric guitar works well for it, especially with a capo and a toothpick.

What are your non-negotiables when deciding to date someone? Do you have any or do you just let it happen and figure out red flags as you go along?

I just hit it off with people or not. Once I hit it off with people that I feel like I shouldn't (uninteresting person); but that was a crush and I was in a relationship, so it was all kinds of irritating anyway.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Are you weak if you just refuse instead of breaking down?
It isn't about breaking down. If you break down, you're unfit. Refusing to comply, why the fuck did you join the military then? You're a boot fucking e1, you're gonna do what I tell you to or I'm going to make you fucking suffer.

And to Misha: the military actually has a very serious, very progressive mental health view, more so than society at large. Dragonz and I discussed it earlier in this very thread when I got assigned to rehab.

marrec

Banned
And to Misha: the military actually has a very serious, very progressive mental health view, more so than society at large. Dragonz and I discussed it earlier in this very thread when I got assigned to rehab.

It's amazing how they treat mental health just as seriously as physical health.

Guys why isn't Overwatch out yet :(

SolVanderlyn

I would break one day into the military for various reasons.

Jobbs

Banned
you both sound nice but neither of you said "aboot" ;_; my dreams are shattered.

aboot is overrated. best accent on women is australian, best accent on men is mild scottish (it has to be mild because scottish accents can easily go very wrong).

this is proven science

Misha

Banned
It isn't about breaking down. If you break down, you're unfit. Refusing to comply, why the fuck did you join the military then? You're a boot fucking e1, you're gonna do what I tell you to or I'm going to make you fucking suffer.

You need to teach other people how to sell the military cause you're way better at it than every army person I've heard (maybe that's an army thing then :p).

I meant the phrasing rather than specifically the military. It's something that people say about sports players too. And tbh most workplaces, it's a huge negative if they find out. It's a personal failure for something genetic -_-

Here ya go
lol
Of all the places I've been too in Canada the only place where I heard "aboot" was Niagara Falls, and I think it was an affectation.

It's all a fabrication Trab, it's time to wake up

trabby you're the first person I've heard say that canadian accents are particularly sexy. I interpret that to mean you appreciate politeness and non-combativeness and sounding goofiness

you know nothing. I will find my aboot guy

The US and Canada are big places. There's no singular Canadian accent just like there isn't a singular US one. Wikipedia tells me people outside North America have trouble distinguishing us, but I don't usually have any trouble spotting an American by voice, and I assume the reverse is true.

I do agree that the American media's version of "the Canadian accent" is utterly overwrought and terrible.

you both sound nice but neither of you said "aboot" ;_; my dreams are shattered.

Fine. I will record the phrase "About the house".

The US and Canada are big places. There's no singular Canadian accent just like there isn't a singular US one. Wikipedia tells me people outside North America have trouble distinguishing us, but I don't usually have any trouble spotting an American by voice, and I assume the reverse is true.

I do agree that the American media's version of "the Canadian accent" is utterly overwrought and terrible.

Fine. I will record the phrase "About the house".
yesss
edit:

not a pure "aboot" but still nice! definiely didn't sound like an American "about" anymore
There's an old kids show called you can't do that on television or something like that where everyone says aboot.

I didn't see this until now because of your dumb forward editing

But yeah that's Geordie for you

It's not all that bad, my dad's a Geordie but his accent's quite thin

SkippyGranola is a Canadian man here is him saying out

It's kind of more ouat than oot

The only time I've heard legit "aboots" is from someone I know who was raised in Maine.

and it's more of an "abote" than "aboot".
okay we're narrowing it down now.
Evidence is mounting that 'aboot' is a media creation
all I read was mountie and aboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom