• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
:C what's a girl to do
UglVxGv.gif
Gender of your choosing of course.
I can't tell if I actually fucked it up or if it's just sore from not having been to the gym in such a long time. My chest, abs, and legs are sore too but not as much as my back. If I had fucked it up, I would've been able to tell right away as soon as I left the gym, wouldn't I?

If it's an ache that usually means it's just sore from being worked. If there is a sharp pain when moving a certain way then you may have pulled a muscle.

Granadier

I don't want a whore, that's my whole problem. :<
Posted that only because it popped up while searching for a "grab dick" gif. Sadly non were found.

That stuff's legal over there though, no? When I was in Hamburg my friends took me through the red light district (more of a gated street) and it was pretty damn weird. None of us partook.

Granadier

It's a little bit of both. bending forward hurts a little.

This is why proper form is important.

Just give it a few days before you work that muscle group again. You can try lowering the weight and focusing on form too. That helped my squats and deadlifts.

But I like being called bitch.

34j2f22.jpg
ok I meant it!
Would you say you want a boy?

I just wanted to post an Unlovables song let me have this
aw yiss this rules.
Posted that only because it popped up while searching for a "grab dick" gif. Sadly non were found.

That stuff's legal over there though, no? When I was in Hamburg my friends took me through the red light district (more of a gated street) and it was pretty damn weird. Non of us partook.
yeah it's super weird and creepy. but what I meant was more like..I don't want a fuckboy/girl and that's hard to find.

zeemumu

Just give it a few days before you work that muscle group again. You can try lowering the weight and focusing on form too. That helped my squats and deadlifts.

I didn't do any deadlifting so it was probably the cowbell squats.

I don't want a whore, that's my whole problem. :<

I'm pretty surprised that you seem to be having so much difficulty in dating, to be honest. Maybe Germany has weird dating culture, I don't know. Based on your dating stories that's probably not too far from the truth.

Granadier

yeah it's super weird and creepy. but what I meant was more like..I don't want a fuckboy/girl and that's hard to find.

Too much truth in that. Personally I'm hoping to find someone to enjoy life with out in Boston, or wherever I end up, once I move. My luck here is this small town is non-existent. Getting pretty tired of short term relationships.

I didn't do any deadlifting so it was probably the cowbell squats.

I'm pretty surprised that you seem to be having so much difficulty in dating, to be honest. Maybe Germany has weird dating culture, I don't know. Based on your dating stories that's probably not too far from the truth.

I actually think so too. Germans are not very outgoing. the men here are weird as fuck.

You do sound like some hillbilly who likes to abduct single women from time to time. I like you

Another sacrifice for Morgon!

@trab: since when are women an option for you? I thought you were straight

yes, I've been in all my past relationships but long story short: I don't believe sexuality can be defined that easily. nobody is 100% straight. even if it's just subconsciously. I just don't wanna exclude any of the options, even though I don't have any specific plans for anything right now. except mountie plans.

zeemumu

I actually think so too. Germans are not very outgoing. the men here are weird as fuck.

That seems to be a recurring thing in multiple countries, I'm finding. I remember someone telling me that about the UK and Japan, too. I don't know how much truth there is in it.

Granted I can't talk much because I'm not even that outgoing :p. I will be once this college madness ends and my life is more stable. The part that kinda bothers me though is that a lot of my friends were already in relationships through college and their SO's helped them cope with all the stress, but I'm in this weird loop where it would be nice to have a cool person to be supporting and make the hard days worth it but I don't want to date until I'm done with the hard days, you know? It's a vicious cycle, clearly.

We had a German exchange student living in our dorms one year.

One night, we exposed him to the wonder that is Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

The entire time, he's sitting in his chair, squirming, going "I can't do this".

At Chairy, he literally got up and walked out of the room.

jb1234

You should try dating in Seattle. We have this social weirdness called the "Seattle Freeze" where people routinely behave aloof and flaky. Whenever I pass people on the street, they actually go out of their way to ensure they don't make eye contact with me (or smile, for that matter).

Jobbs

Banned
You should try dating in Seattle. We have this social weirdness called the "Seattle Freeze" where people routinely behave aloof and flaky. Whenever I pass people on the street, they actually go out of their way to ensure they don't make eye contact with me (or smile, for that matter).

When I pass people in the street I stare at them in the face until they acknowledge me. If they don't, I assume they're dickholes.

Seattle weather breaks people's souls clearly.

holy shit, it's happening???
yes this works fine but also something like your fb profile pic would work. pics that are not quite as formal or "quiet" tend to stick out more. :) but whatever you prefer.

"Happening". Yes. We'll go with that. *cough*

I mean, I would use my FB profile pic but it's 4 years old now. The main problem with which is hair. I DON'T WANT TO LIE ABOUT MY HAIR YO.

And I'm working with a very limited pool here cut me some slack >_>

That seems to be a recurring thing in multiple countries, I'm finding. I remember someone telling me that about the UK and Japan, too. I don't know how much truth there is in it.

Granted I can't talk much because I'm not even that outgoing :p. I will be once this college madness ends and my life is more stable. The part that kinda bothers me though is that a lot of my friends were already in relationships through college and their SO's helped them cope with all the stress, but I'm in this weird loop where it would be nice to have a cool person to be supporting and make the hard days worth it but I don't want to date until I'm done with the hard days, you know? It's a vicious cycle, clearly.
well when I compare it to American guys for instance, I definitely notice that they just have more moves. they're not quite as afraid to chat someone up. in general and also dating-wise. so I think it can definitely be a cultural thing. of course it's not true for everyone.

I know how you feel but don't build up any barricades in your head. if something happens, it happens. no matter what time or place. just be open for it :)

OMG
i have the weirdest boner right now.
SOMEONE GET ME THIS

"Happening". Yes. We'll go with that. *cough*

I mean, I would use my FB profile pic but it's 4 years old now. The main problem with which is hair. I DON'T WANT TO LIE ABOUT MY HAIR YO.

And I'm working with a very limited pool here cut me some slack >_>
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LATTERMAN HIGH FIVE!!!
upload more than one pic though, you have tons of pictures!
We had a German exchange student living in our dorms one year.

One night, we exposed him to the wonder that is Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

The entire time, he's sitting in his chair, squirming, going "I can't do this".

At Chairy, he literally got up and walked out of the room.

yes that's an accurate description of German men. no fun allowed.jpg
I love Pee-Wee's Playhouse btw.

jb1234

When I pass people in the street I stare at them in the face until they acknowledge me. If they don't, I assume they're dickholes.

I need to try this.

Seattle weather breaks people's souls clearly.

That's one theory, definitely. But it's been getting increasingly sunnier and warmer here for years now and people are even distant when it's like 90 degrees. Actually, if anything, they're bitchier.

(But to be fair, most people don't have AC here.)

Jobbs

Banned
well when I compare it to American guys for instance, I definitely notice that they just have more moves

Germans have moves, shush.

tumblr_msazr4z7ao1qzxc7po1_r1_500.gif

I need to try this.

I know being social and outgoing is hard for some people and I completely am sympathetic to that but if you look someone in the eye and smile and say something friendly they'll almost always react favorably to you. It can be broken down very simply that way.

(I'm not presuming you specifically have any problems with being outgoing, btw, just talking in general)

Germans have moves, shush.

tumblr_msazr4z7ao1qzxc7po1_r1_500.gif

I know being social and outgoing is hard for some people and I completely am sympathetic to that but if you look someone in the eye and smile and say something friendly they'll almost always react favorably to you. It can be broken down very simply that way.

(I'm not presuming you specifically have any problems with being outgoing, btw, just talking in general)
that actually looks really cool when you imagine a skateboard instead.
It would be a possibility if I were going up north, but I leave in three weeks.

They ship to Canada, so I bet they ship overseas too.
where you going to? you never told us you're going somewhere!
Later that night he told us a rousing story of how he watched a man die on a hunting trip.
lol
But I don't like choosing pictuuuuures :C

And they're all ooooold

Shit I actually need to get one with my new glasses

Also that yes was a maybe yes not a definitely yes *cough*

doesn't matter, it's still you. I have older pics up too. no big deal, your face still looks the same. pick some from a show or something :)
didn't you post a picture with your new glasses here?

Granadier

Once I became more outgoing and started to just talk to people I realized that most people love to chat with a friendly person. And if not it's pretty easy to know so you can move on.

zeemumu

well when I compare it to American guys for instance, I definitely notice that they just have more moves. they're not quite as afraid to chat someone up. in general and also dating-wise. so I think it can definitely be a cultural thing. of course it's not true for everyone.

I know how you feel but don't build up any barricades in your head. if something happens, it happens. no matter what time or place. just be open for it :)

I've been told that this is the reason that people appear rude to Americans in places like France. Because everyone keeps to themselves and it's not the norm to be friendly and chatty with strangers. Is there truth to this?

Uncharted 4 spoilers

CRASH FUCKING BANDICOOT. Damn it, Em was right. Elena really is better than Chloe. She appreciates Crash Bandicoot.

Once I became more outgoing and started to just talk to people I realized that most people love to chat with a friendly person. And if not it's pretty easy to know so you can move on.

Hard part's that initial fear that you'll look like a weirdo by striking up a random conversation.

I've been told that this is the reason that people appear rude to Americans in places like France. Because everyone keeps to themselves and it's not the norm to be friendly and chatty with strangers. Is there truth to this?

Uncharted 4 spoilers

CRASH FUCKING BANDICOOT. Damn it, Em was right. Elena really is better than Chloe. She appreciates Crash Bandicoot.

defnitely true

Granadier

where you going to? you never told us you're going somewhere!

At the beginning of June I'm moving to Boston for a job. I'll be there for the summer at least.

Hard part's that initial fear that you'll look like a weirdo by striking up a random conversation.

Eh, I'd rather be the weirdo trying to strike up a conversation than the weird being silent.

doesn't matter, it's still you. I have older pics up too. no big deal, your face still looks the same. pick some from a show or something :)
didn't you post a picture with your new glasses here?

I did, but my hair was super greasy and it was generally kind of a meh photo that I just took to show the glasses off *shrug*

*stares indecisively at photos for a bit*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom