• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

I don't really feel the desire to do anything sexual with anyone in particular so obviously that means something

I think it just means that you care more about connecting with someone on an emotional level than you do about connecting on a physical level. That's probably a better reason to get into a relationship anyway.

Jobbs

Banned
If your definition of alluring correlates strongly to feminine human features then of course women are going to be more alluring to you. But I personally find men more alluring. It's kinda hard to say "more beautiful" or "sexy" or similar because those words have been co-opted by women's beauty marketing, but that doesn't mean men are inherently less attractive.

What about my mother idea?

The mass taboo against sex while brutal gore and violence are just fine is so stupid.

move to europe =)

everything's sexy

Misha

Banned
I think it just means that you care more about connecting with someone on an emotional level than you do about connecting on a physical level. That's probably a better reason to get into a relationship anyway.

Not to say I'm not selective by attractiveness but it just doesn't make me want to sex them

Now that you mentioned it gay representation on most TV shows has been sexless and put on a comedic value for most of the part unless it is a gay show or a reality show. I get some people might feel uncomfortable with homosexuality but nothing wrong with letting those character explore the sexuality. I mean most sex scenes on TV are extremely safe for work and are mostly close of up the faces kissing with the chest out at best. But you know think about the children despite those kids playing Grand Theft Auto, watching some R rated films with gore and lord knows what other materials they are exposed. People still act like someone will catch "the gay" by watching 2 guys or 2 girls kissing.

I love comments from morons that write "stop pushing it down our throats" whenever two characters discuss.... being gay.

Jobbs

Banned
You're the motherfucking king like Oedipus?

I'm trying to determine a reason for most women apparently being less straight than most men (just from what I can tell, I don't have statistics).

I feel very resistant to the idea that it's purely societal conditioning. I'm not comfortable with that idea. It doesn't sit right. My desires feel deeply rooted and have been uniform from a very, very young age. I had the same taste in women when I was 5 as I do now.

Misha

Banned
I'm trying to examine the reason for most women apparently being less straight than most men (just from what I can tell, I don't have statistics).

I feel very resistant to the idea that it's purely societal conditioning. I'm not comfortable with that idea. It doesn't sit right. My desires feel deeply rooted and have been uniform from a very, very young age. I had the same taste in women when I was 5 as I do now.

I've heard its largely biological that women have more fluid sexuality and it partially changes by the point in their life for what hormones they have.

I still think being restricted is the weird side but w/e

zeemumu

Not to say I'm not selective by attractiveness but it just doesn't make me want to sex them

Yeah I get you. I'm not saying you don't value physical attributes at all. It seems like you care more about the other stuff that comes along with a relationship aside from physical intimacy, like the companionship and emotional support n'nat.

FUME5

I'm trying to determine a reason for most women apparently being less straight than most men (just from what I can tell, I don't have statistics).

I doubt it's any one factor, societal, hormonal / chemical etc... must all play their part.

Plus, tits.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I love comments from morons that write "stop pushing it down our throats" whenever two characters discuss.... being gay.

Yeah and its even worse for transgender people. I mean how often do you see them represented on TV and if done how many of those times is not parody or someone that gets killed or mocked?

Also its not about forcing it but you know representation of everyone out there. I swear if you gave the opportunities to some people they would like to watch themselves on TV playing all the characters like themselves to feel comfortable.

Xiao Hu

I honestly don't know. I would argue though that the gap is that big. Too many men like to grab your dick when alcohol or other drugs inhibit their perception. It's more stunning for me that 'experimenting chicks' are more socially acceptable than 'experimenting guys', it reeks of biggotry.

I mean your complaints don't really sound like they would cause any sizeable dent to your quality of life. They just seem like opinions.

It's all relative, I think. It's easier to notice petty issues and exaggerate the suffering when you don't have anything actually wrong in your life.

What about my mother idea?

I think parents are responsible for shaping us more than we currently know, but I doubt being nurtured by a mother directly correlates to finding women more attractive. It has to come in equal and opposite proportions... so basically for every amount of wanting to be nurtured there needs to be those who want to do the nurturing.

People still act like someone will catch "the gay" by watching 2 guys or 2 girls kissing.

No, it's not that. It's just that straight couples are the default, much like white male is the default in America. When you're the default you don't have a lot of opportunities to relate to the not default. Media provides ample opportunities for minority ethnicity members to relate to generic white people, but not for white people to relate to minorities. Women are expected to relate to male protagonists no problem even where there are massive differences in how the genders think and operate, but men are not expected to relate to female protagonists with nearly as much regularity. And I think it's the same thing with sexuality.

You can't catch the gay and I don't think anybody actually thinks that. But when you're not used to seeing the beauty in homosexual romances because you don't have enough experience in the matter then it's off putting. It's unusual and even in some places described as wrong, so people are averse to normalizing it. It's not about worrying that people will turn gay, it's about having to learn to accept that gay people are normal.

Misha

Banned
Yeah and its even worse for transgender people. I mean how often do you see them represented on TV and if done how many of those times is not parody or someone that gets killed or mocked?

Also its not about forcing it but you know representation of everyone out there. I swear if you gave the opportunities to some people they would like to watch themselves on TV playing all the characters like themselves to feel comfortable.

Almost exclusively sense8

Yeah I get you. I'm not saying you don't value physical attributes at all. It seems like you care more about the other stuff that comes along with a relationship aside from physical intimacy, like the companionship and emotional support n'nat.

Also, fulfilling the scenarios I wrote out in my head. Some epic stories can't work without a relationship!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Societal, cultural norms and all that.
Sex, or rather attraction isn't all that "hardwired"

You're coming from the POV of an American male in 2016.

I honestly don't know. I would argue though that the gap is that big. Too many men like to grab your dick when alcohol or other drugs inhibit their perception. It's more stunning for me that 'experimenting chicks' are more socially acceptable than 'experimenting guys', it reeks of biggotry.

It's that damn patriarchy again.

Vazra

No, it's not that. It's just that straight couples are the default, much like white male is the default in America. When you're the default you don't have a lot of opportunities to relate to the not default. Media provides ample opportunities for minority ethnicity members to relate to generic white people, but not for white people to relate to minorities. Women are expected to relate to male protagonists no problem even where there are massive differences in how the genders think and operate, but men are not expected to relate to female protagonists with nearly as much regularity. And I think it's the same thing with sexuality.

You can't catch the gay and I don't think anybody actually thinks that. But when you're not used to seeing the beauty in homosexual romances because you don't have enough experience in the matter then it's off putting. It's unusual and even in some places described as wrong, so people are averse to normalizing it. It's not about worrying that people will turn gay, it's about having to learn to accept that gay people are normal.
Sadly here Ive seen plenty of people saying that gay is something that people learn and catch. There was even a rally against genre perspective education cause it would "ruin what marriage is and what god intends."

Sadly here Ive seen plenty of people saying that gay is something that people learn and catch. There was even a rally against genre perspective education cause it would "ruin what marriage is and what god intends."

I guess I'll take your word for it. I don't think I've ever seen it, but I believe you all the same.

That sucks. That level of naivety is inexcusable.

Vazra

I guess I'll take your word for it. I don't think I've ever seen it, but I believe you all the same.

Here people can be pretty backwards about LGBT people. There was a rally defending family values when the gay marriage law came out. -_-

FUME5

It's that damn patriarchy again.

qDcNXFD.jpg

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Being homophobic and misogynistic in Latino culture is still pretty much a norm.
One of the big pushes of prop 8 in california was targeted towards Latinos and Blacks

Misha

Banned

Probably helps that you live in California. Stuff like that goes around all the time here but its said factually enough that its all you hear normally. You'd think it would be said by dumb kids or especially rude people but nah and its backed up with concern because ofc its not hateful if you're just hoping for the best for everyone.
(note I also live in a rural area)

zeemumu

Also, fulfilling the scenarios I wrote out in my head. Some epic stories can't work without a relationship!

That's fine too, but try not to let those scenarios get out of hand. They can corrupt your perception of relationships and wreck your love life. Take this from someone constantly daydreams about love scenarios and grew up with Disney on the brain.

Misha

Banned
That's fine too, but try not to let those scenarios get out of hand. They can corrupt your perception of relationships and wreck your love life. Take this from someone constantly daydreams about love scenarios and grew up with Disney on the brain.

That was a joke. I dont entirely know what I want from a relationship, I just hope ill know when I find someone who can give me what I dont know I want

zeemumu

Societal, cultural norms and all that.
Sex, or rather attraction isn't all that "hardwired"

You're coming from the POV of an American male in 2016.

It's a little bit of both. Society and the culture that you were raised in obviously have a huge effect on how your mind works in terms of attraction but it's not the only thing.

People get built different. You don't have to figure it out, you just have to respect it.

That was a joke. I dont entirely know what I want from a relationship, I just hope ill know when I find someone who can give me what I dont know I want

So tell me what you want, what you really really want.

AcridMeat

Banned
Friend just shared MANGADRIVE which is dope as hell (Funky Daddy you'd like)
A naked young man is a shy, delicate creature.
I actually got way more comfortable with being naked a couple years ago. I don't flaunt around but I don't feel an immediate insecurity nearly as often anymore.
I feel fantastic and I don't even know why :)
Made me listen to this old gem.
Guys why isn't Overwatch out yet :(
Dude yeah, withdrawal is rough on this. Yesterday I came home and played a browser game for 30 minutes. D:

digging deeper, the experience of being very physically close and reliant and connected to your mother as an infant and small child isn't specific to boys, and these are extremely formative years

I do not feel sexually attracted to my mother. It is notable for its absence, in fact, over and above my general lack of attraction to women that much older than me.

Meanwhile, I can't even think of any women I've known off hand who has never fooled around with another woman or at least expressed the desire to.

Fwiw, I can think of a bunch of completely straight women that I know (more than the bi and gay women).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Started playing Guild Wars 2 again.

My Viking Engineer lady:

2t4QB2U.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sometimes I think I'm clever. Other times I have difficulty figuring out how to split a circle into segments.

---

Sol, we used to play GW2 together back in the day, didn't we? In the GAF guild.

Vazra

LOL I deleted Guild Wars 2 to make space for Black Desert which I only play once or twice in the month... I fell out of the MMO wagon.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I deleted GW2 when I forgot my password for the billionth time. Their recovery system is so ass backwards that I just gave up getting my account back.

Misha

Banned
Carrying a crush for 10 years?

Brutal.

We've always had this weird thing where we were friends but didn't hang out super often so it was hard for me to establish anything consistent. But now that were hanging out multiple times a month it feels like a normal friendship and I am very much enjoying it

I dont get how mexican food is a beloved takeaway like mcdonalds and kfc.

I just had a chilli beef burrito, fucking disgusting. I cant imagine what mexican takeaways are like.

There isnt any mexican dish to date that I have ever like, as far as im concerned its a country of broken taste buds.

AcridMeat

Banned
I keep thinking about installing The Old Republic. But nahhhh, I barely have time to play games outside of my regulars.
We've always had this weird thing where we were friends but didn't hang out super often so it was hard for me to establish anything consistent. But now that were hanging out multiple times a month it feels like a normal friendship and I am very much enjoying it
I'm glad to read this. :D It's like Lucio ulted your friendship.

I just had a chilli beef burrito, fucking disgusting. I cant imagine what mexican takeaways are like.

There isnt any mexican dish to date that I have ever like, as far as im concerned its a country of broken taste buds.
To be fair, you don't live where there would be good Mexican food.

Though speaking of Mcdonalds and KFC in a positive light, maybe it's you with the broken tastebuds.

zeemumu

Glad to hear you got through it without having to ditch the person or ruin the friendship.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I deleted GW2 when I forgot my password for the billionth time. Their recovery system is so ass backwards that I just gave up getting my account back.
This happened to me too, but the expansion gave me incentive to recover it.

GW2 is a good MMO for scratching MMO itches because it has no sub fee.

FUME5

Oh, cool.

What in the everloving fuck is wrong with you?

*will be cooking chicken fajitas for dinner*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom