• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
"We inspired Mass Effect".

"We created romance in games".

They're basically the hipster company and they know they can get away with it because they're "rebels" and "not American".

I love CDPR's work, but they don't seem to like anyone else.

You got the source for that? I dont remember seeing that.

AcridMeat

Banned
Only problem is I dont know how. Ive lived in the woods way too long
I've talked to RNH about it a lot. Frankly you need to put yourself in an environment you enjoy and just talk with people. Say hi, introduce yourself, whatever. When I was trying to find people I'd go to board game nights. I met a good friend because we both ended up going to the same concert alone because both our friend groups didn't want to.

Jobbs said it earlier, just have a positive attitude and smile and people will react positively.

No need to overthink it either, if you find a conversation isn't going anywhere don't blame yourself and you can easily move away from it. Don't feel too bad if it doesn't lead to results with everyone.

FUME5

maybe don't say people ethnically different than you have broken taste buds

He's just fucking around dude.

Go all in on some Scottish stereotypes to balance the books.

Don't make me do this

DragonzPaint.gif

hubbahubbahubba

Macho Man. The girl he had been talking about, I thought was the one I met three weeks ago.

It's a new one.

I don't even.

Guess I never paid enough attention to notice them making those claims.

At the Game Awards at GDC, they basically, during their speech for winning Game of the Year, took the time to badmouth Her Story for being an indie game and stealing so many awards from the bigger companies.

Misha

Banned
Just go find people with your interests. Or go somewhere social.
I know that much :p
I've talked to RNH about it a lot. Frankly you need to put yourself in an environment you enjoy and just talk with people. Say hi, introduce yourself, whatever. When I was trying to find people I'd go to board game nights. I met a good friend because we both ended up going to the same concert alone because both our friend groups didn't want to.

Jobbs said it earlier, just have a positive attitude and smile and people will react positively.

No need to overthink it either, if you find a conversation isn't going anywhere don't blame yourself and you can easily move away from it. Don't feel too bad if it doesn't lead to results with everyone.

Board game stuff is definitely something I can do (and plan on). At say a concert or something when is it not weird to try to talk to someone? Unless theres an excuse I've never done it (and usually find it annoying when people try that with me)

I'm fine with conversations when they start. That's never really been a problem :p

AcridMeat

Banned
Board game stuff is definitely something I can do (and plan on). At say a concert or something when is it not weird to try to talk to someone? Unless theres an excuse I've never done it (and usually find it annoying when people try that with me)
I got there pretty early, got a beer and saw them also with a beer standing alone so figured I'd say what's up.

That's the only time I can think of specifically for shows. If you make good conversation stick around in the same area and catch up after the show.

Misha

Banned
I got there pretty early, got a beer and saw them also with a beer standing alone so figured I'd say what's up.

That's the only time I can think of specifically for shows. If you make good conversation stick around in the same area and catch up after the show.

Does that only really work with people that are alone or can people in a group work too?

Misha

Banned
It can totally work with a group. I just don't like butting in on conversations, unless it's something good to contribute.

I think I just thought of scenarios how it would work. I think an issue is that I need to think of it as less objective based. Its not like you aren't in similar situations with people you know. Only difference with people you know is that you can awkwardly listen for a bit without being too creepy

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
HITLERSAURUS QUOTED ME IN ANOTHER THREAD

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
At the Game Awards at GDC, they basically, during their speech for winning Game of the Year, took the time to badmouth Her Story for being an indie game and stealing so many awards from the bigger companies.

Not that I don't believe you, but I can't find anything about this online.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What would you do if you actually did have a blazing hot mom tho.

I still don't think I would be even a little bit.

FUME5

i was talking about his mom because I'm apparently 12, but my mom was shockingly hot when she was young

more depthful oedipus reference than usual +10 literary points awarded

Hahaha.

Yeah, mum was a stunner when she was young, dad lucked out, although he looked a bit like Tom Selleck at the time...

Not that I don't believe you, but I can't find anything about this online.

Everyone was all "they are joking".

1) Look at the way CDPR reacts to every awards show.

2) Their specific language was "Thank God Her Story is not nominated for Game of the Year, because it's just an indie game. Give someone else a chance".

I love The Witcher series, but CDPR is far too up its own ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom