• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I don't care much for TLoU or Uncharted. the hype is tiring. nothing like Dark Souls where the hype is justified. fite me everyone.
Banned

Sony is a shithole company. The PS4 is TRASH and Naughty Dog is a creatively bankrupt shithouse.

:: awaits ban ::

(I only actually believe the PS4 bit. But I'm completely console averse these days.)
Also banned

/modimpersonation

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I don't care much for TLoU or Uncharted. the hype is tiring. nothing like Dark Souls where the hype is justified. fite me everyone.

Let's hug instead.

I get so tired of the circle jerk around Sony and whatever Naughty Doge shits out.

Misha

Banned
Sony is a shithole company. The PS4 is TRASH and Naughty Dog is a creatively bankrupt shithouse.

:: awaits ban ::

(I only actually believe the PS4 bit. But I'm completely console averse these days.)
Consoles are pointless if you have even mediocre tech knowledge these days. Probably why Nintendo keeps going for gimmicks

Xiao Hu

You'd get a Nintendo version of uplay instead

I'll quit gaming and move exclusively to boardgames, P&P and Magic

edit: I've been contemplating lately. A person that hurt my feelings once suggested me that should go to a psychologist and check if there are antidepressants that might help my anxiety issues. I declined fearing side effects as well as my aversion to seeing doctors (I'm not antiscience, just don't like going to doctors). I'm seriously considering doing it after coming back to Germany. The last couple of weeks I got several peeks of feeling like utter trash and I'm really concerned about my mental state where I'm suddenly pushed to the brink of total despair. Then I only want to cry, hiding in a stinky stall in the bathroom until it's finally over, and here I thought I would never return to this mess again after graduating high school.

I'm sorry for bringing this up out of nothing but it has a therapeutical effect on me writing it down, and at least I know that here are some folks around who kind of care for me.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Jak and Daxter is the best Naughty Dog game and series.

Level 70 in GW2 now. The expansion that I bought at release for some inexplicable reason shall soon be upon me.

Solid opinion. Crash 2 might be better because of less gimmicks, though.

marrec

Banned
So for all the Uncharted bashing happening rn, I'm actually enjoying my time with Uncharted despite the flaws I pointed out. The combat and climbing may be kludgy, but the climbing is also a casual fun little puzzle to suss out and the combat is at least challenging enough to make me actually have to pay attention. The voice acting is miles beyond what most video games give me even in 2016 (this game is from 2007) and the environments look great.

It's certainly not a bad game by any means and I look forward to beating this one and moving on to what many consider the "best" Uncharted game.

I definitely don't see the vitriol is has cause in some of you, and can only explain it by the fact that the games are more popular than you'd want them to be for their inherent gaming value compared to other, more niche but objectively "better" games.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I've enjoyed the time I've put into Uncharted (both the brief time I've spent in Uncharted 1 and beating Golden Abyss) more than the time I put into Dark Souls 1.

Granadier

So last night I booked my plane ticket, and earlier in the day my work email was setup along with my orientation materials. The apartment in Boston is secured as well, so all that's left is to decide what I'm taking with, storing, or getting rid of.

This means the move is "real", and it kinda makes me want to just pull the covers over my head in bed.

zeemumu

Jak and Daxter is the best Naughty Dog game and series.

Level 70 in GW2 now. The expansion that I bought at release for some inexplicable reason shall soon be upon me.

Solid opinion. Crash 2 might be better because of less gimmicks, though.

I liked Crash Bandicoot Warped. Gimme ALL the gimmicks :p

So for all the Uncharted bashing happening rn, I'm actually enjoying my time with Uncharted despite the flaws I pointed out. The combat and climbing may be kludgy, but the climbing is also a casual fun little puzzle to suss out and the combat is at least challenging enough to make me actually have to pay attention. The voice acting is miles beyond what most video games give me even in 2016 (this game is from 2007) and the environments look great.

It's certainly not a bad game by any means and I look forward to beating this one and moving on to what many consider the "best" Uncharted game.

I definitely don't see the vitriol is has cause in some of you, and can only explain it by the fact that the games are more popular than you'd want them to be for their inherent gaming value compared to other, more niche but objectively "better" games.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I've enjoyed the time I've put into Uncharted (both the brief time I've spent in Uncharted 1 and beating Golden Abyss) more than the time I put into Dark Souls 1.

I agree. you can tell it's a PS3 launch title though, but the voice acting is indeed great and only gets better as the series progresses. Playing Uncharted 2 for the first time is a magical experience and I remember it fondly.

UC3 is shit.

UC4 is incredible. The visuals alone....

SolVanderlyn

So last night I booked my plane ticket, and earlier in the day my work email was setup along with my orientation materials. The apartment in Boston is secured as well, so all that's left is to decide what I'm taking with, storing, or getting rid of.

This means the move is "real", and it kinda makes me want to just pull the covers over my head in bed.
Moving is insanely stressful. Good luck.

Misha

Banned
I'm thinking of preordering civ 6 to get the half off steam controller. Guaranteed I'm going to buy it anyway no matter how poorly it's received so why not

I liked Crash Bandicoot Warped. Gimme ALL the gimmicks :p
Gimmicks are the best

Also Donald Duck going quackers is a surprisingly good crash game

FloatOn

I agree. you can tell it's a PS3 launch title though, but the voice acting is indeed great and only gets better as the series progresses. Playing Uncharted 2 for the first time is a magical experience and I remember it fondly.

UC3 is shit.

now if only they put as much effort into the way the game plays as they do the visuals then they might be on to something

sorry flashy graphics alone just don't do it for me

marrec

Banned

UC3 is shit.

I was gunna just buy UC4 but I had the Collection and haven't played any of the previous ones besides Golden Abyss (which I actually enjoyed) so I figured, why the hell wouldn't I start from the beginning?

Good shit so far, don't see the hate.

edit: I've been contemplating lately. A person that hurt my feelings once suggested me that should go to a psychologist and check if there are antidepressants that might help my anxiety issues. I declined fearing side effects as well as my aversion to seeing doctors (I'm not antiscience, just don't like going to doctors). I'm seriously considering doing it after coming back to Germany. The last couple of weeks I got several peeks of feeling like utter trash and I'm really concerned about my mental state where I'm suddenly pushed to the brink of total despair. Then I only want to cry, hiding in a stinky stall in the bathroom until it's finally over, and here I thought I would never return to this mess again after graduating high school.

I'm sorry for bringing this up out of nothing but it has a therapeutical effect on me writing it down, and at least I know that here are some folks around who kind of care for me.

Godspeed

marrec

Banned

Talking to professionals about problems you don't understand is never a bad thing. Maybe there are pills that would help, maybe you just need to talk to someone, but it can't hurt and despite what some would have you believe doctors aren't prescribing people pills when they don't think they'd help.

Go for it!

now if only they put as much effort into the way the game plays as they do the visuals then they might be on to something

sorry flashy graphics alone just don't do it for me

It's not just the graphics. It's a solid third person shooter / action platformer with an amazing story. The only parts that bother me are the constant climbing / jumping stages.

Granadier

Do it. I have felt like that before and decided to see a doctor about it. Anti-depressant/ADHD medication has helped me immensely.
They help to regulate serotonin release so that the lows aren't so low. Once I realized that brains are just chemical factories and moods are just reactions to chemicals, I welcomed the solution. It works wonderfully.

Edit: marrec is also right. There are some things that meds can help and others that people can help. A doctor will find out what is best.

Misha

Banned

Psychologists are so much easier to deal with than doctors so I'd recommend trying it out.

I tried medicine and personally it didn't do anything for me but it absolutely can change your life if it does work. Therapy was great for me though. Helped me gain the upper hand over my anxieties. While I still feel them, they're no longer crippling and I think I'm in position to be better than ive ever been

zeemumu

Haha. I just have a thing for the Evil Queen type :p

giphy.gif

I'll have more time to work on Uncharted tomorrow. Today things are gonna be a little tight because of this programming project. I can make a heap but her instructions on output are confusing.

UC3 is shit.

UC wasn't a launch title, it was a q4 '07 game. It's definitely rough but so where a lot of early games apeing the Gears mechanics. Mass Effect 1... ooh boy.

FloatOn

mass effect 2 was so much better than 1 in my view. I don't care if it's less RPG or whatever.

the quality of life improvements that 2 had made it a much better game.

never played the third game because #fuckorigin

Xiao Hu

Guys and gals, thanks you all

Talking about EU4 I have it in my library but I never came far enough with any CK2 campaign that had the feeling 'yeah, I should definitely convert it to EU4' so far. Plus, I usually role play my campaigns in an alternative history fashion like what if Byzantium never fell etc.

Oct 2007 is just barely out of the launch window.

November 2007, almost exactly 12 months after launch.

*shrug*

Resistance was def the better game, and it genuinely was a day 1 title. Graphics obviously much rougher. UC2 was really where it picked up, while Resistance 2 was a bit garbage.

Misha

Banned
I'm sure you'd be fine. It's not actually hard, just takes a little while to learn them. Stellaris is by far the simplest Paradox game.

It is a 4x game like Gal Civ or Civ, with some influence from the pdox grand strategy series.
I like civ but dislike gal civ and crusader kings, Rome total war and other strategy games I can't remember

also I sorta like endless legend and think it has some good ideas

Granadier

Bought four shirts the other day, thought they were all mediums. Grabbed the fourth one today to wear and realized it was a small. Oh well, I'll just wear it around the house.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What's the general opinion on Civ 5? That's the only one I own.

It's brilliant.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I'll highlight a unit and kill it with the delete key so they remember that I am their god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom