• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
I get what you're talking about but I feel like you might be being too dismissive of simple "hello" messages
When there's 10 people with the same pointless message and I don't find anything in particular I find attractive about them, it's hard for me to have any interest in bothering with it

zeemumu

When there's 10 people with the same pointless message and I don't find anything in particular I find attractive about them, it's hard for me to have any interest in bothering with it

Bailing out after "hi" doesn't seem like you actually got to know them. Whether or not you might find them interesting is what the profile summary is for.

Why not try a three strike system instead of a pass-fail one

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I get what you're talking about but I feel like you might be being too dismissive of simple "hello" messages

It adds nothing to the table conversation wise. Essentially what "hi" is implying is this: "Look at me. Ok now that I have your attention, make some conversation to entertain me."
If someone doesn't have the imagination or takes the time to start a conversation when they want to talk then I'm not interested. It goes both ways. If I'm interested in someone, but I can't think of anything to say, I won't initiate a conversation.

In face-to-face situations it's completely different.

i havent matched with anyone on tinder in months, i cant be that fucking ugly. Site's useless pos.

AFAIK they've tweaked some things so if you don't do X or Y you actually won't show up in the pool. What all those variables are, I'm not sure, but I know that being inactive for a couple days is one.

zeemumu

It adds nothing to the table conversation wise. Essentially what "hi" is implying is this: "Look at me. Ok now that I have your attention, make some conversation to entertain me."
If someone doesn't have the imagination or takes the time to start a conversation when they want to talk then I'm not interested. It goes both ways. If I'm interested in someone, but I can't think of anything to say, I won't initiate a conversation.

In face-to-face situations it's completely different.

Throw it back at them with your own "hi" or"how's it going?" then. Try it at the very least

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i havent matched with anyone on tinder in months, i cant be that fucking ugly. Site's useless pos.

You should let me push The Gay Agenda™ down your throat so you can see a whole new world (Don't sue me Disney!) and feel the love tonight (Again don't sue me Disney)

Bailing out after "hi" doesn't seem like you actually got to know them. Whether or not you might find them interesting is what the profile summary is for.

Nah but she has a point though, you have to take it from the perspective from a girl, try just sending messages like hi or hello, and you'll never get a response. In fact most dating sites actively publish info guides and this is always like one of the first things they say.

Just saying hi or hello doesnt really start a conversation.

Granadier

sometimes. since I put a pretty direct heads up on my profile saying that I'm not into one night stands and such most of them declined though.

I've seen this on profiles before, but assumed it wouldn't deter those people. Good to know it does!

zeemumu

Nah but she has a point though, you have to take it from the perspective from a girl, try just sending messages like hi or hello, and you'll never get a response. In fact most dating sites actively publish info guides and this is always like one of the first things they say.

Just saying hi or hello doesnt really start a conversation.

But she's only speaking to girls so it IS from the perspective of a girl. If I get like 3 uneventful messages in a row then sure but I "hi" isn't the worst thing ever.

Granadier

Throw it back at them with your own "hi" or"how's it going?" then. Try it at the very least

I used to do this. Most of the time it would result in "How's it going?" or "What are you doing?", so now I just ignore it.

in fact messages in general declined though lol. I feel like it's not that popular in Germany. Tinder seems to be more well known.

It definitely seems to be the most popular dating app/site for people under 30 right now.
Tinder follows the 2 rules of success even more strictly though.
1: Be attractive
2: Don't be unattractive

Misha

Banned

They aren't physically attractive for me (strike one)
They don't have interesting interests or anything in their
They said "hi" (strike 3)
:p

(Also a couple were over 10 years older than me so no thanks)

But really it's just not that big of a deal to me and if you're someone who I wouldn't bother messaging in the first place, you better give me a reason to be interested in having a conversation

zeemumu

They aren't physically attractive for me (strike one)
They don't have interesting interests or anything in their
They said "hi" (strike 3)
:p

(Also a couple were over 10 years older than me so no thanks)

But really it's just not that big of a deal to me and if you're someone who I wouldn't bother messaging in the first place, you better give me a reason to be interested in having a conversation

Well there ya go. But if they have the first two down then "hi" shouldn't override it.

Misha

Banned
But she's only speaking to girls so it IS from the perspective of a girl. If I get like 3 uneventful messages in a row then sure but I "hi" isn't the worst thing ever.
No those were from guys. That's half the reason why I just switched it to girls. But then girls don't even bother at all so...
Well there ya go. But if they have the first two down then "hi" shouldn't override it.
Ofc. Maybe I'll have one like that message me someday :p

Granadier

In general it seems very rare for girls to initiate the conversation at all unless you look like Chris Evans
maybe not anymore since his hairline is apparently bad

I talked about it on here. It requires a picture and I didn't feel like getting one at the time so I just took a pic of whatever and it just included part of my thigh and my cat's butt (she was sitting on me)

I have a leg pic too.
15510524214851404156.jpeg

zeemumu

I talked about it on here. It requires a picture and I didn't feel like getting one at the time so I just took a pic of whatever and it just included part of my thigh and my cat's butt (she was sitting on me)

I wanna see [wait that's creepy]

er, not for the thigh, uh...

for the cat butt of course! [Shit that's worse!]

I mean I'm not saying that the cat has a better butt than you. I'm sure your butt is better than any cat [GOD. DAMN IT.]

Misha

Banned
I have a leg pic too.
15510524214851404156.jpeg
way better than mine. And also has a point since the book is there

I wanna see [wait that's creepy]

er, not for the thigh, uh...

for the cat butt of course! [Shit that's worse!]

I mean I'm not saying that the cat has a better butt than you. I'm sure your butt is better than any cat [GOD. DAMN IT.]
I was wearing sweatpants so it's just a grey blob :p

I do have a good butt tho thanks for recognizing :p

MutFox

Banned

When I messaged girls on there,
I'd read their whole profile and several of their answered questions.

Based on that, I'd write a message of something we might have in common,
or something that sounded interesting.
Got a lot of responses that way.

Also, I never let the conversations go past 3 messages before asking to meet someone.
Got several dates doing that too... :p

zeemumu

The Psycho Mantis approach, I see...

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'd like to extend my congratulations to the showrunners of The Americans for putting out one of the most disturbing sex scenes ever shown on TV. HBO could never.

This show loves nothing more than throwing a gut punch after kicking your teeth in.

Misha

Banned
you have a cat! cat beats book.
I'll post the pic in question here later. It's impassively boring :p

Got a lot of responses that way.

Also, I never let the conversations go past 3 messages before asking to meet someone.
Got several dates doing that too... :p
*responds*

Jobbs

Banned
I can do that too though. but not for the okcupid douches. they need to prove themselves before they see my pussy

Trab your second pussy is the biggest one I've ever seen. WTF levels. It also looks like it might bite me.

I'd like to extend my congratulations to the showrunners of The Americans for putting out one of the most disturbing sex scenes ever shown on TV.

lol

I have yet to be hit on by a nurse. Maybe that should be a life goal of mine or something.

everyone should date at least one.

zeemumu

Are the differences between England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Great Britain, The British Isles and the United Kingdom well known among Canadians?

Because Americans seem to struggle with that >_>

We can distinguish between Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and English accents most of the time.

Can't distinguish between New Zealand and Australia though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom