• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can distinguish between Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and English accents most of the time.

Can't distinguish between New Zealand and Australia though.

Oh I just meant in terms of what they actually are

I realise it's far from representative of America in general, but when I was in Florida I had to explain to an Uber driver that England and Great Britain are different and that he really shouldn't call Scottish people English. They aren't too fond of that >_>

That said I bet I could find you a Welsh person that you think is English

I have a leg pic too.
15510524214851404156.jpeg

Holy sweet mother of fuck

Are the differences between England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Great Britain, The British Isles and the United Kingdom well known among Canadians?

Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, yes. Wales and England: less so. Great Britain and United Kingdom are basically interchangeable (I happen to know the difference and will still conflate them in my speech).

England is probably used to refer to the larger political units in the same way even when people know better: distance makes you care less.

zeemumu

Oh I just meant in terms of what they actually are

I realise it's far from representative of America in general, but when I was in Florida I had to explain to an Uber driver that England and Great Britain are different and that he really shouldn't call Scottish people English. They aren't too fond of that >_>

That said I bet I could find you a Welsh person that you think is English

Probably not. I've heard too many Welsh accents. I'm at that point where I might be able to tell that you're from England but not from London.

I heard one on tv for the first time a few weeks ago and I thought "what the heck was that?"

I don't see enough Australian actors/actresses on TV to be able to figure it out. The only ones I know are Belle from Once Upon a Time, the father and son from Pacific Rim, The Crocodile Hunter, and those people from that mermaid show.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yes exactly it's coming from behind my right eye. I feel like shit. Comfort me
I used to put some pressure on the temple of the side where it happens and it would help. Also dim light or sunglasses help the best. If you can lay down make sure to lay on the side it bothers you since sometimes that pressure and not receiving light its all it needs for a while.

What would you do if you had to change your name?
I would change my name to Morgan.

Misha

Banned
That seems like it's not too common of a name anymore(?)
Is it more common in Puerto Rico?
I'd change it to David or Dave
remember my friends mom called me Dave and everyone called me Dave as an inside joke for the year haha

feel better than Jonathan actually
That's interesting, Dave

No one can say or write my name correctly
Would like to keep it that way

Write it in emoji imo

So all week I've been waiting around for my boss to give me this project. Now he has a 4 day weekend so more excuse to do nothing!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
That seems like it's not too common of a name anymore(?)
Is it more common in Puerto Rico?

Not common at all here in PR. Here most of the names are Spanish names or weirdly made up names in some cases. My name is one of the most basic names in here. Rafael (Grandpa and Uncle share the same name to make it more meh.)

SomTervo

It's a cesspool of anger, hate, and self loathing.

Or is that just my posts?

General conversation thread

Origin was from real pic January and then fake pic February. In this thread you don't need to have any specific pic tho

It's only what your mind makes it out to be, like Silent Hill

random bullshit + the sahara, apparently

I can take him.

GAF hangout.

Thanks, forks

Chuckie

I'm curious about what FakeGAF actually is and the OP/thread isn't helping.

Fill me in? Anyone?

A place filled with thirsty cunts.

Real answer: A couple of years ago someone started Real Pic January, where people used their real pic as an avatar. I started making really awesome paint art versions of those avatars...which started Fake Pic February (click my tag for an example).

This tradition continued for a couple of years and FakeGAF started a thread where we could constantly chat, outside of January/February. That is what this is.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I am in such bad mood now

what is with all people bugging me today for fuck's sake

firstly my parents in the morning, then random customers at work, coworkers doing everything else than they should...

I came home, hungry and tired, and then my mom goes off 'why are you eating sandwiches again' and I just send her and my dad somewhere.

God damn it.

FloatOn

my bff/roommate is turning 30 and so we are having a house party this weekend.

there will be booze, grilled meat and veggies.

there will also be riotous laughter and games of cornhole in the backyard.

secretly hoping for make out opportunities

What would you do if you had to change your name?

Probably cry. After I got over it I'd pick something like Heather or Sarah.

I want so badly for this to be a joke about a recent video game but I know it's probably not.

The other girl who works at the screen printing shop with me is named Morgan, but we all call her Mo.

The rules of dating from what I can tell

1) be in a hospital
2) don't not be in a hospital

Sample size too small.

my bff/roommate is turning 30 and so we are having a house party this weekend.

there will be booze, grilled meat and veggies.

there will also be riotous laughter and games of cornhole in the backyard.

secretly hoping for make out opportunities

Hell yes! I'm the inexplicable cornhole champion in our family (because everyone else tends to be better with athletic things than me).

Good luck with the opportunities!

zeemumu

I am in such bad mood now

what is with all people bugging me today for fuck's sake

firstly my parents in the morning, then random customers at work, coworkers doing everything else than they should...

I came home, hungry and tired, and then my mom goes off 'why are you eating sandwiches again' and I just send her and my dad somewhere.

God damn it.

You can send your parents somewhere? Are you that kid from The Twilight Zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom