• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why get a tele if you don't want Tele tone?

Jags are my favorite

...yeah actually I'm being dumb. I think I was just thinking because I've always bought guitars with humbuckers because of the chunkier sound that I'd go for it with a Tele but given I want it for the brighter sound...yeah single coil, ignore me

Jobbs

Banned
They're just your standard humbuckers right? I think I'd probably end up going for that instead of a normal Tele, just because I prefer them to single coil pickups. Though I guess I've got that covered with my LP so maybe not

Yes and no. I'd have to get a bit nerdy to explain it, but the custom and deluxe telecasters use a type of pickup called a "wide range humbucker" that was designed by Fender in response to the growing popularity of the Les Paul in the 70s. It has a unique footprint, and the original way it was wound was proprietary and is difficult to manufacture. It had a distinctive sound.

Modern off the shelf production customs and deluxes use "wide range humbuckers" with the same footprint as the originals, but underneath is basically a standard humbucker.

To get something authentic, last I checked, you'd need to either get something vintage or go with a boutique made pickup ($$$).

Yes and no. I'd have to get a bit nerdy to explain it, but the custom and deluxe telecasters use a type of pickup called a "wide range humbucker" that was designed by Fender in response to the growing popularity of the Les Paul in the 70s. It has a unique footprint, and the original way it was wound was proprietary and is difficult to manufacture. It had a distinctive sound.

Modern off the shelf production customs and deluxes use "wide range humbuckers" with the same proprietary footprint, but underneath is basically a standard humbucker.

To get something authentic, last I checked, you'd need to either get something vintage or go with a boutique made pickup ($$$).

Oh no you're an actual guitar nerd I can't keep up with this I know so very little please don't make me look dumb D:

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
When and why did you get that tag? Complaining about The Division?

I'm assuming it was from this post.

I dont think I've ever seen the official video for this :D it's great.

Happy Mess and Always Coming back Home to You are my top two Atmosphere feel good songs.

Swear to god hip hop and comic books was my genesis <3

Thanks for mentioning Atmosphere. Now I'm on a kick for his music, and I needed something good to listen to tonight.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hey look, it's David Bowie as Liquid Snake

tumblr_n9i612DVUs1qe7z14o1_500-6876.jpg

I'm assuming it was from this post.

Thanks for mentioning Atmosphere. Now I'm on a kick for his music, and I needed something good to listen to tonight.
I'm listening to them too now. haven't for a while. high five!
The acoustic always coming back home to you is one of my go tos.

Smart goes crazy, like today, the woman with the tattoed hands and God loves ugly always put me in a good mood.
I also really like the Waitress. and the best way to deal with heartbreak is: Fuck you Lucy, Pour me another, The Loser wins, Your Name here. ..in that order.

Granadier

Safe bet.

I prefer "content delivery platforms" myself.

It's silly. I was just in a bad mood this morning after reading that Eurogamer piece on Lionhead. Decided posting on gaming side was a good idea (it wasn't).

Atmosphere is a them, not a he. Slug and Ant at a minimum. Sometimes more.

Of course, I just defaulted to him because of Slug.

Granadier

Hmm, this rap talk reminds me I haven't put up a Friday morning track for a few weeks.

I think I'll go with some Alkoholics...Contents Under Pressure should do.

This is good shit. Was gonna say they remind me of 90's LA hip hop, but then I looked them up and of course they do.

My rap contribution -> Cunninlynguists - Lynguistics

where's Acrid...I need fashion advice.
which one is better?

I'd recommend the third one. Love the simplistic design.

Kevyt

I claimed him first so back the F#(K off you F#(K1NG Thirsty B!tch.

I remember Marrec with his really big glasses avatar and thinking he looked goofy. Then he changed to his other avatar and thought he looked really good.

Now that I see him on stream... wow

92503-katy-perry-hot-fanning-herself-W6Yu.gif

Sorry! :3

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I'm listening to them too now. haven't for a while. high five!

I also really like the Waitress. and the best way to deal with heartbreak is: Fuck you Lucy, Pour me another, The Loser wins, Your Name here. ..in that order.

Pour me another is my anthem right now, lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I remember Marrec with his really big glasses avatar and thinking he looked goofy. Then he changed to his other avatar and thought he looked really good.

Now that I see him on stream... wow

http://img.pandawhale.com/92503-katy-perry-hot-fanning-herself-W6Yu.gif[IMG]

Sorry! :3[/QUOTE]

Tag team but you don't touch me. Deal?
[IMG]http://puu.sh/gGeHD.gif

Vaz, not even you would want to fuck around with the hammer drill I need to take a portable generator to run.

You know I'm talking about the drill in your pants.
gGeHD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom