• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I dont handle break ups very well, even if it's not concerning myself...I just found out that the gf of my older brother broke up with him. she was the sweetest :( I'm really sad that she won't be part of our family now. it was totally his fault though, I can see why she did it. still sad. love is a lie ;_;

She's single now though. You can always bring her back into the family.

Why was his fault? What did he do that would lead tot hat?

typical men problems...didn't put any effort into the relationship, she had to do most of the work etc. I had bfs like this too so I can relate. it's definitely best for her but not for him.
he won't find someone like that again.

Granadier

typical men problems...didn't put any effort into the relationship, she had to do most of the work etc. I had bfs like this too so I can relate. it's definitely best for her but not for him.

While he very well may have been the cause of the breakup, this is just unfair.

While he very well have been the cause of the breakup, this is just unfair.
not every man is like this and there are even reverse situations, I'm aware of that. but a lot of guys act like this. might be the way society thinks men should be raised and thus not allowing them to be able to show their senstive side when it comes to emotional issues..or something like this. I just experience this apathetic behaviour over and over and it's sad.
but yes, in this case my phrasing was probably misleading. not all men, but a lot of them.

Granadier

not every man is like this and there are even reverse situations, I'm aware of that. but a lot of guys act like this. might be the way society thinks men should be raised and thus not allowing them to be able to show their senstive side when it comes to emotional issues..or something like this. I just experience this apathetic behaviour over and over and it's sad.
but yes, in this case my phrasing was probably misleading. not all men, but a lot of them.

It's definitely not country limited then because that sort of mentality is prevalent over here as well. The "macho man" mentality is shoved down guys throats as they are growing up. Often if guys show emotion or compassion they are made fun of for being weak.
"Oh, you're girl's got you pussy whipped." "Shit man, who wears the pants in that relationship?" "Wow, I can see your vagina from here"

It's shitty, and you're right, a lot of guys don't grow beyond that. One of my best friends is like that with some girls, but I know it's just a facade to keep up appearances. He's a sweetheart deep down. One of the problems I know of, and have personally run into, is that a lot of girls will actually expect that. And if you don't treat them that way they actually do think you're a pussy. Ultimately it just comes down to finding compatibility I guess?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Smash the patriarchy

Not really anything to do with that.

Smash the patriarchy
always!
It's definitely not country limited then because that sort of mentality is prevalent over here as well. The "macho man" mentality is shoved down guys throats as they are growing up. Often if guys show emotion or compassion they are made fun of for being weak.
"Oh, you're girl's got you pussy whipped." "Shit man, who wears the pants in that relationship?" "Wow, I can see your vagina from here"

It's shitty, and you're right, a lot of guys don't grow beyond that. One of my best friends is like that with some girls, but I know it's just a facade to keep up appearances. He's a sweetheart deep down. One of the problems I know of, and have personally run into, is that a lot of girls will actually expect that. And if you don't treat them that way they actually do think you're a pussy. Ultimately it just comes down to finding compatibility I guess?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah it just makes it so much harder to find someone who's not been fooled by all this crap.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Kind of is. Everything you mentioned above is a result of the patriarchy and how it pushes men to be dominant and not show strong emotion other than anger because that's manly and what men do and all that fucking bullshit.

Jobbs

Banned

love ain't a lie -- long lasting love is the lie.

enjoy things while they last and don't put up an expectation that it'll be forever, because nothing ever is.

zeemumu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I haven't seen much of this in a long time. I've had friends who had boyfriends who acted like this and friends who seem like they'd be this type of boyfriend, but for the most part, those guys got phased out after high school and replaced with better SO's, and then the people who got phased out got their shit together and became better with their behavior. I'm a weird case where I'm not exactly afraid to emote but I look foreboding enough that no one would dare try to call me out on it.

Granadier

Kind of is. Everything you mentioned above is a result of the patriarchy and how it pushes men to be dominant and not show strong emotion other than anger because that's manly and what men do and all that fucking bullshit.

I disagree but agree at the same time. Not at all interested in starting up an argument over this though so I'm dropping it.

I haven't seen much of this in a long time. I've had friends who had boyfriends who acted like this and friends who seem like they'd be this type of boyfriend, but for the most part, those guys got phased out after high school and replaced with better SO's, and then the people who got phased out got their shit together and became better with their behavior. I'm a weird case where I'm not exactly afraid to emote but I look foreboding enough that no one would dare try to call me out on it.

It's definitely something that is most common in the high school mentality. That tends to bleed into the college mentality as well which I've been surrounded by for the past few years. So it may just be a environmental bias right now. I do know that it's far more prominent in the rural areas, and down in the cities/metropolitan area the mindsets are far more progressive. Unfortunately that dating scene has been out of range for me. (Hellllooooo Boston)

This thread always sounds so depressing when talking about relationships. :(

It's infinitely more positive than the Dating Age thread when it comes to them though!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This thread always sounds so depressing when talking about relationships. :(

I'm always having a hard time believing other people also have stupid and sad relationship issues :) It usually feels like such a "Why me" thing.

I disagree but agree at the same time. Not at all interested in starting up an argument over this though so I'm dropping it.

It's definitely something that is most common in the high school mentality. That tends to bleed into the college mentality as well which I've been surrounded by for the past few years. So it may just be a environmental bias right now. I do know that it's far more prominent in the rural areas, and down in the cities/metropolitan area the mindsets are far more progressive. Unfortunately that dating scene has been out of range for me. (Hellllooooo Boston)

It's infinitely more positive than the Dating Age thread when it comes to them though!

Well yeah, low bar and everything.

zeemumu

Nu-uh, it was about fake pics damnit!

Not anymore.

You'd best start believing in thirst threads, Prophet Steve...

azure_6582a1509c098a7d1cd49706b0301971.gif

Jobbs

Banned
I just realized I've owned every game Ceallach offered for a long time and played none of them yet. I didn't even know I owned Remember Me until I checked my Steam.

I'm terrible

zeemumu

I just realized I've owned every game Ceallach offered for a long time and played none of them yet. I didn't even know I owned Remember Me until I checked my Steam.

I'm terrible

That was me last Steam Sale. I realized that I had a problem when I wanted to buy games that were on sale but couldn't because I already owned them.

Where's Lil to brighten the mood??

Fixing breakfast and cleaning up from last night's party. Playing with this dog.

Although actually I'm not normally awake this early so guten tag

I'm terrible

It's a pet peeve of mine whenever someone brings up Remember Me because I'm trying to ironically forget it.

love ain't a lie -- long lasting love is the lie.

enjoy things while they last and don't put up an expectation that it'll be forever, because nothing ever is.

then it's bullshit. I don't wanna build relationstips with expiration dates, that's kinda sick. I don't pull that shit with friends either so why with partners. of course stuff doesnt always work out but I don't wanna go into it with that attitude right away. #HIGHEXPECTATIONSFOREVER

zeemumu

then it's bullshit. I don't wanna build relationstips with expiration dates, that's kinda sick. I don't pull that shit with friends either so why with partners. of course stuff doesnt always work out but I don't wanna go into it with that attitude right away. #HIGHEXPECTATIONSFOREVER

I don't think it's a high expectation to go into a relationship without a countdown timer to break up. If things don't work out, they don't work out, but don't give the other person a timer and say "you have this long to make me consider keeping you around." You just go in and see what happens.

Jobbs

Banned

I'm not saying plan for things to end. I'm just saying enjoy things while they last because most things don't.

Seems like the only truly enduring relationships are family -- blood -- And even those don't always last.

Misha

Banned
I'm not saying plan for things to end. I'm just saying enjoy things while they last because most things don't.

Seems like the only thing that lasts is family, and not even always that.

If you treat a relationship like family then it will last. The only reason family lasts is we pretend that none of the problems matter and we're forced to be together no matter what. Its like catholic marriage

FloatOn

So that house party I hosted yesterday went on roughly 12 hours. Various friend groups would stop by and stay for hours at a time or come back. There were family and so many different social circles showing up.

I very rarely hang with people for such a long period of time so I think my quota for socialization is met for the month.

AcridMeat

Banned
Game has a tremendous art design and is lots of fun. Plus it has a unique mc.

Code:
[SPOILER]https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=B2PWqMKTzZscGqhE[/SPOILER]
Thank you! I need to check what games I still have extra copies of with HB.
Yep agreed. It's not about the doom and gloom of everything ending, it's about being rational and using that to make the most of whatever happens. Letting things develop without an end goal.

zeemumu

I'm still having trouble getting excited or interested about stuff. I know what I want but I can't quite work up the level of excitement required to motivate myself to get it done, and it's screwing with too much of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom