• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like everyone's afraid of my judgement btw. I'm not that judgemental! I mean it in an encouraging way.

*points out none of this would've happened without your relatively constant pushing for me to do it*

And it's not really the rejection part of it that I'm having trouble with, it's just my god the stress of it all

Maybe I'll try again after I (possibly) go to the doctor

FUME5

What will probably happen is I'll just revert to how I was before

Which I realise is going to make everyone (trab) yell at me, but ugh, fuck. This weekend was exhausting. Maybe I'll just luck out and end up in a Jobbs situation.

Also if I can't even get someone I used to be friends with to have a conversation what luck will I have with someone who has never spoken to me before
THIS IS A JOKE I AM JOKING JEEZ

One step at a time mate, the more you do it, the less taxing it will become.

You sly dog you.
I would never seriously ask for pics of another person like that

Is Bumble like Snapchat or something?

Haha, I know pal. Seems Bumble is basically Tinder but if you match the woman has to send you a message first, and if she hasn't within 24 hours of you matching you will automatically unmatch.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Haha, I know pal. Seems Bumble is basically Tinder but if you match the woman has to send you a message first, and if she hasn't within 24 hours of you matching you will automatically unmatch.

Interesting. Might have to check this out.

Misha

Banned

Read the Steven universe thread

But seriously, acrid probably covered it. I don't know exactly how it is, I just know there's conversations that makes me hate the topic and others that are fine. I hate most of all how it will sneak its way into something unrelated

AcridMeat

Banned
Interesting. Might have to check this out.
It's honestly the best in terms of online dating. Low pressure, out of sight out of mind. If they're actually interested you'll know, if not no big deal.

Obviously that should be the case with each of these but Bumble is the only one that puts that thinking into the design of the app and how it works.

Jobbs

Banned
I'd totally try bumble if I was going to try one of those. I like the concept of it (it seems like girls' time will be less occupied reading/replying to douchebags and more occupied with deciding who they really want to contact) + the CEO is hot

plus I'm for it conceptually. I don't like the norm that says men are supposed to be the intiators. I love it when women initiate.

FUME5

I'd totally try bumble if I was going to try one of those. I like the concept of it (it seems like girls' time will be less occupied reading/replying to douchebags and more occupied with deciding who they really want to contact) + the CEO is hot

There's a few small things that go a long way in regards to protecting their privacy outside of the app as well that I can see would make it more appealing to use over Tinder.

*points out none of this would've happened without your relatively constant pushing for me to do it*

And it's not really the rejection part of it that I'm having trouble with, it's just my god the stress of it all

Maybe I'll try again after I (possibly) go to the doctor
well you'll have to go through stuff like this if you want other stuff to happen. you've been complaining about it for days. this was clearly indicating that you weren't happy with the current situation in the first place. so it's best to get used to the stress than avoiding it. you probably would've given me the same advice in that situation. plus while I was definitely rooting for you getting out there I didn't hold a gun to your head, it's still your own decision man.
you were a bit judgemental when I was bitching about HN early on =D
but I was right, you're together now, aren't you? I saw through your bitchy facade right from the start and look what kind of loooove it revealed ;p if you're telling me stuff I'll always give my honest opinion.

AcridMeat

Banned
There's a few small things that go a long way in regards to protecting their privacy outside of the app as well that I can see would make it more appealing to use over Tinder.
True, true.

Plus bumble sent a hilarious email thanking me for not being a douchebag on the app. That I have a .0002% rate of reports. I'm really curious to know who did and for what reason now. hahah
if you're telling me stuff I'll always give my honest opinion.
Yeah this! Me same this!

Granadier

plus I'm for it conceptually. I don't like the norm that says men are supposed to be the intiators. I love it when women initiate.

No joke. Looks like she was high up at Tinder and then moved on to found Bumble. Only 26 too, damn.
edit: oh fuck, she left Tinder over some heated sexual harassment, that sucks.
edit2: I'm in love with this app's design. It's gorgeous.

well you'll have to go through stuff like this if you want other stuff to happen. you've been complaining about it for days. this was clearly indicating that you weren't happy with the current situation in the first place. so it's best to get used to the stress than avoiding it. you probably would've given me the same advice in that situation. plus while I was definitely rooting for you getting out there I didn't hold a gun to your head, it's still your own decision man.
*meant that first bit in a good way*

Eh, maybe I'll change my mind in a couple of days

Still though, I shooouuuld probably go to the doctor

Jobbs

Banned
but I was right, you're together now, aren't you? I saw through your bitchy facade right from the start and look what kind of loooove it revealed ;p if you're telling me stuff I'll always give my honest opinion.

man she asked me to draw her like the first or second time she was here and saw my drawing stuff, and I said no XD

if she asks again I'll say yes, but it still hasn't come up

oh, nvm then. glad you still see it as a good thing!
and yes, I'm hereby officially reminding you that you wanted to call your doctor ;P just reminding, not judging. I know this stuff is difficult.

FUME5

True, true.

Plus bumble sent a hilarious email thanking me for not being a douchebag on the app. That I have a .0002% rate of reports. I'm really curious to know who did and for what reason now. hahah
Yeah this! Me same this!

Hahaha, I haven't matched much on there (there was a lot less people on there than Tinder, but maybe word of mouth is getting around because the numbers seem to be climbing) and this will be the first girl I've gone out with, now I want my not a douche email!

No joke. Looks like she was high up at Tinder and then moved on to found Bumble. Only 26 too, damn.
edit: oh fuck, she left Tinder over some heated sexual harassment, that sucks.
edit2: I'm in love with this app's design. It's gorgeous.

Because of fucking course.

Yes, you have that reminder note on your work PC for when you get in tomorrow.

oh, nvm then. glad you still see it as a good thing!
and yes, I'm hereby officially reminding you that you wanted to call your doctor ;P just reminding, not judging. I know this stuff is difficult.

Just checked on my doctor's website, looks like they're open until 7:30 on Mondays, might actually just swing by after work. I have a bit less trouble making appointments and stuff like that face to face than over the phone

*sets alert on my phone for like 6:30 tomorrow*

Yes, you have that reminder note on your work PC for when you get in tomorrow.

*actually completely forgot to do that after making that post*

my sister's friends don't want to leave but the laundry room is on the opposite side of the house from my bedroom and I want to get a load in before Game of Thrones without interrupting the party people. Hmmm. Hmm.

Trap, you're awesome! Don't ever change :)

man she asked me to draw her like the first or second time she was here and saw my drawing stuff, and I said no XD

ooh, you should draw a picture of the two of you together! :D

Granadier

Because of fucking course.

Fucking sad. But this woman just says fuck all that and goes out to start her own company that is at >500k users now. Fuck yeah.
Also sad, when I searched for "bumble user base", this was the first article on the list.
edit: it's just a bunch of bull headed rambling about gender roles if you don't want to click through.

that's what you were talking about? well there was more context to that. you were pretty....reluctant about her at first in general which was contradicted to other stuff you mentioned and did. I still stand by that observation ;p which led me to some advice I gave you just having the best for you love life in mind and not wanting to make you feel bad. and I don't want to repeat myself buuuuuutttttt I was kinda right. was I right? I think so! ;D

Just checked on my doctor's website, looks like they're open until 7:30 on Mondays, might actually just swing by after work. I have a bit less trouble making appointments and stuff like that face to face than over the phone

*sets alert on my phone for like 6:30 tomorrow*

*actually completely forgot to do that after making that post*
neat-o!! best of luck <3
Trab you're a beautiful ray of sunshine you're not judgemental
<3
my sister's friends don't want to leave but the laundry room is on the opposite side of the house from my bedroom and I want to get a load in before Game of Thrones without interrupting the party people. Hmmm. Hmm.

<3

FloatOn

A friend of mine put a bug in my ear about this masters degree program specifically for people that can see themselves starting a non-profit. I don't think I told you guys my crazy vision for my life post graduation but pursuing this particular masters degree could be massively beneficial.

I still have a year to think about it so we will see how things play out.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hahaha, I haven't matched much on there (there was a lot less people on there than Tinder, but maybe word of mouth is getting around because the numbers seem to be climbing) and this will be the first girl I've gone out with, now I want my not a douche email!
I just dug it up.
8qTBhva.png
That timely battery percentage. So I guess it was more about the whole of Bumble, and it was just a thank you for the users on there at the time.

Way to make me feel personally special.

Granadier

This app could be a case study on how to do things right. The design, UX, user interaction, etc. It all seems to be on point so far.

Now I'm just envious that I can't make apps this well.
yet

Jobbs

Banned

I hate that. I don't want to deal with people but I also don't want to walk by them and be rude by not talking.

And that seems a bit much.. If the subject is her it seems like a cute little thing, if the subject is "us" it feels a bit early for that. It's been what, 7 weeks? I'm not immune to romantic gestures but I also have a sense of what's appropriate and proportional.

(by the way, I just did the thing they do in movies all the time where they ask how long it's been so the audience knows)

Why did I click that?

I just learned that men like to chase and will stop dating if they don't get to do it. I didn't know this.

that's what you were talking about? well there was more context to that. you were pretty....reluctant about her at first in general which was contradicted to other stuff you mentioned and did. I still stand by that observation ;p which led me to some advice I gave you just having the best for you love life in mind and not wanting to make you feel bad. and I don't want to repeat myself buuuuuutttttt I was kinda right. was I right? I think so! ;D

Nah that was just a random comment, I wasn't specifically bitching about that early on, no. I was upset that she attached herself to my sister like 5 minutes after first hooking up with me and I still barely knew her.

And yeah, I think you were right. I'm having a good time, I've become quite fond of her.

FUME5

If they're really partying then you walking past with a basket of washing is not going to interrupt shit.

Fucking sad. But this woman just says fuck all that and goes out to start her own company that is at >500k users now. Fuck yeah.
Also sad, when I searched for "bumble user base", this was the first article on the list.
edit: it's just a bunch of bull headed rambling about gender roles if you don't want to click through.

What a surprise no-one put their name to that article. When I was a younger man I got used to women cracking on to me (stares off into the distance reminiscing about all the sex he turned down) so yeah, women totally don't want to initiate.

trab has never judged me

not once, unlike you fakers

You are beneath her notice.

I just dug it up.

That timely battery percentage. So I guess it was more about the whole of Bumble, and it was just a thank you for the users on there at the time.

Way to make me feel personally special.

Hey, that means you have a 0% harassment rating!

Jobbs

Banned
*starts stomping feet and clapping rythmically*

Smut! Smut! Smut!

aahh no boy I'm startin to feel it

amZ3dFt.gif

Fourth girl on Bumble is a nurse.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Xiao Hu

MobileGAF is kind of broken right now...

On other news: I woke up with a massive morning wood after dream remembering my first homosexual shenanigans with other high school students. That was fun back then!

I really need to get laid

Holy shit
don't remind me

I would aim for Work Crush more, but our schedules have changed so much that we barely get to interact aside from being able to Skype chat with each other between calls.
I love that freshly shaved head feeling.

You people with hair will never know this joy

I honestly hate having a full head of hair sometimes. It acts like a solar panel which makes summers absolutely brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom