• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
stopped using mobile till the recent weirdness is gone

Just figured out that if you clear your FaceBook cookies/website data the big annoying ad at the bottom goes away.

Probably just lowering your ass onto your thumb in the bathtub.

well we could come up with something. any ideas?

Yeah, nothing a little music can't help.
Using a dildo/vibe/buttplug, but you have to grip the end with the T2 thumb pointing out. Then submerge yourself upside down in water while you slowly go to town.
f44zY.gif

Jobbs

Banned
Well that was a waste, they only have same day appointments

Ugh

*waits until a slot is free on internet booking*

Is it really that hard to get a doc appointment in the UK? (I'm referring to when you said before that it took 3 weeks)

I know in the USA our healthcare is a mess, but anecdotally I can see my doctor very quickly in most cases -- 2 or 3 days usually, and if it's important he might even see me the same day

Like I know not everyone is fortunate enough to have that arrangement, but my doctor is like my friend I've known for a long time

I go straight sometimes. Straight to dick.

LOL

Misha

Banned
Is it really that hard to get a doc appointment in the UK? (I'm referring to when you said before that it took 3 weeks)

I know in the USA our healthcare is a mess, but anecdotally I can see my doctor very quickly in most cases -- 2 or 3 days usually, and if it's important he might even see me the same
if you want something more specialty though here it'll take weeks if not months (psychologist, dermatologist etc)

Medexpress and others like it made just seeing a doctor super easy though. You can just show up at any time and you might get a bit of a wait but they're fairly fast

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that new GoT episode. Daenerys is such a badass.

I know in the USA our healthcare is a mess, but anecdotally I can see my doctor very quickly in most cases -- 2 or 3 days usually, and if it's important he might even see me the same day

Like I know not everyone is fortunate enough to have that arrangement, but my doctor is like my friend I've known for a long time

Your health service may have problems, but it isn't chronically underfunded entirely for ideological reasons

Jobbs

Banned
Damn that new GoT episode. Daenerys is such a badass.

My friends all but called me gay today
because I didn't go along with their "wow, tits!" hype.

I'm not saying she's ugly, but she just doesn't really do much for me physically for whatever reason. Sharp knees, or maybe just not my type.

That was an awesome moment for her, though, only rivaled by the time when she first took over the unsullied and killed all the masters.

Ever since then I've been waiting for another epic Dany moment, and she decided to get all bogged down trying to govern (god, damn, if that shit's in the books then I wish they would have diverged from the books there. zzzzzzzzzzzzz).

if you want something more specialty though here it'll take weeks if not months (psychologist, dermatologist etc)

Medexpress and others like it made just seeing a doctor super easy though. You can just show up at any time and you might get a bit of a wait but they're fairly fast

last special referral I've been to was infectious diseases because of my weirdass infections, and they got me there pretty quick. Definitely under 2 weeks.

someone in the GoT thread pointed out that every Dany storyline is more or less the same: white girl tells "savages" what's what. and I feel like this is pretty accurate.
also the tits weren't all that exciting imo. there should definitely be some male nudity for a change.

Granadier

It's 7:05PM, they close in 25 minutes :p

And to get a same day appointment you have to call up at 8:30 in the morning. While everyone else is calling up. And I kind of don't want to take an appointment away from someone with an issue that's more pressing :/

Bro, you have to stop throwing yourself into the gutter.
Your appointment and needs are just as important as everyone else's.

Jobbs

Banned
someone in the GoT thread pointed out that every Dany storyline is more or less the same: white girl tells "savages" what's what. and I feel like this is pretty accurate.
also the tits weren't all that exciting imo. there should definitely be some male nudity for a change.

Part of the reason I loved the episode was
the simple renunion of Jon Snow and his sister Sansa, because simple good human nice moments like this are so rare in this evil show.

And even if Dany has a pattern of telling savages what to do, it was still a decently nice fuck the patriarchy moment. That has to be worth something.

And I kind of don't want to take an appointment away from someone with an issue that's more pressing :/

Dude you need medicine that'll make it easier for you to rap to chicks, what's more pressing than that?

Did you know if you don't get laid for too long the backup can eventually reach your lungs and cause suffocation? It's actually dangerous

Granadier

if he did that he would break the cycle of self-defeat > self-deprecation > self-pity

and then what would we have to entertain us?

:/ no need to be an asshole

Dude you need medicine that'll make it easier for you to rap to chicks, what's more pressing than that?

Did you know if you don't get laid for too long the backup can eventually reach your lungs and cause suffocation? It's actually dangerous

This is true. No pressure.

Part of the reason I loved the episode was
the simple renunion of Jon Snow and his sister Sansa, because simple good human nice moments like this are so rare in this evil show.

And even if Dany has a pattern of telling savages what to do, it was still a decently nice fuck the patriarchy moment. That has to be worth something.

true. but even apart from what I said her storylines are pretty similar. just the whole arc of her getting in trouble, badassing her way out, repeat. it's fun but eh.

since when do you watch GoT though? I remember you saying it's trash

Jobbs

Banned
true. but even apart from what I said her storylines are pretty similar. just the whole arc of her getting in trouble, badassing her way out, repeat. it's fun but eh.

since when do you watch GoT though? I remember you saying it's trash

Bro how else do I know it's trash if I don't watch every single episode? :p I've been watching it from the very beginning of season 1. I'm hopeless.

I watch TWD/FTWD, The 100, The Americans, and GOT. I think that's it right now.

The 100 is hit or miss and TWD/FTWD are mostly a dumpster fire (last night's FTWD was hilarious).

The only show I watch that I really stand behind is The Americans.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Here, we can go (almost) daily to our doctor (mostly they do not work one day per week). Need to call to medical center in the morning/early afternoon and they give you hour of examination. If you get injured at work as example, there is no waiting line, they will check you ahead of the line.

Other story is with specialized doctors, waiting times are quite long from 2 weeks to 6 months. Unless you have enough to afford examination at private medical center

Everyone loves GoT.

Not me.

FloatOn

sorry I have very little patience for people who choose to have low self-esteem

edit - let me just qualify that by saying that there are certainly things that happen to people that can cause them to have low self-esteem that are completely out of their control. but there are ways to improve your situation and if you obstinately refuse to do that then all patience goes out the window.

Bro, you have to stop throwing yourself into the gutter.
Your appointment and needs are just as important as everyone else's.

Yeah, I know, I just think about some vomiting kid or something and it's like...well I'm still managing with day to day life >_>

Still the problem of actually getting through though as well, but that's more just annoying

I WAS PROMISED WIZARD POWERS D:

if he did that he would break the cycle of self-defeat > self-deprecation > self-pity

and then what would we have to entertain us?

Thanks

Misha

Banned

edit - let me just qualify that by saying that there are certainly things that happen to people that can cause them to have low self-esteem that are completely out of their control. but there are ways to improve your situation and if you obstinately refuse to do that then all patience goes out the window.
If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all.

(Your edit still ignores the nature of mental illness)

(Also name the movie the quotes from)

Jobbs

Banned

People with mental health issues whether it's depression or anxiety or something else need the most patience. Just getting to the point where they seek help is often a big hurdle but an important one.

Thaaaaaaaaanks

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Low self esteem is not something people choose. If people could choose to be happy and not have any mental diseases they would happily do so but life ain't that simple.

zeemumu

Float, it's not as easy as just trying to logic yourself out of it one day and you're good. Even when you're aware of your issues, it takes time and a lot of effort to work your way out of stuff like depression. If you want to support someone through that time then you need to be patient.

Jobbs

Banned
I've experienced depression. I think I had a fairly significant problem when I was in my late teens and early 20s. In my case it wasn't even something that's easy to describe. It's not really that I was specifically sad about something that happened. In my case I actually had a lot to be happy about. It's not rational then that I wouldn't be able to experience happiness. I could easily pretend to. I could laugh with my friends and be loads of fun. But it was all nothing. It was all underneath something else.

It was like a desyncing. Losing the ability to be engaged by things. Like a big empty bag is inside my head and in my heart taking up the space with nothing.

Many people have had it far worse than I did, because I never got so bad that I couldn't function or that I ever considered self harm.

In any case, depression and anxiety are reaaaal things and you don't choose them.

zeemumu

I've experienced depression. I think I had a fairly significant problem when I was in my late teens and early 20s. In my case it wasn't even something that's easy to describe. It's not really that I was specifically sad about something that happened. In my case I actually had a lot to be happy about. It's not rational then that I wouldn't be able to experience happiness. I could easily pretend to. I could laugh with my friends and be loads of fun. But it was all nothing. It was all underneath something else.

It was like a desyncing. Losing the ability to be engaged by things. Like a big empty bag is inside my head and in my heart taking up the space with nothing.

Many people have had it far worse than I did, because I never got so bad that I couldn't function or that I ever considered self harm.

In any case, depression and anxiety are reaaaal things and you don't choose them.

It's that hollow feeling. You know that there are happy things going on but your internal response to everything is more or less "yep." Even when you know something is cool there's that weird underlying apathy that never really goes away, and it makes it difficult to get things done or relate to people during conversations because you're not feeling the passion. Yeah you can fake it but that's exhausting.

Granadier

Yo, I can't see you all the way up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom