• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

People with mental health issues whether it's depression or anxiety or something else need the most patience. Just getting to the point where they seek help is often a big hurdle but an important one.

I won't presume to know the intricacies of RNH mental health but from what I can gather no significant trauma has actually taken place. I could be wrong, but essentially what I can gather is that he is lonely and wants to get laid. This issue doesn't warrant the amount of stress/anxiety that is being conveyed almost daily. I understand that it can be annoying to not be getting any action but it shouldn't weigh THIS heavy on someone.

basically what I see is this:

RNH: "----problem....."

fakegaf: "solution"

RNH: "excuse"

ad nauseum

it gets tiresome

Misha

Banned
Got stellaris a few days ago figuring I could have it refunded if I disliked it a ton. Seems pretty good so far. Still a bit worried that it might be too detailed for me but considering I'm not used to it yet, we'll see

zeemumu

You don't need horrible trauma for it to show up. Sometimes it just happens from a gradual cascade of minor problems piling on top of each other, or for little to no reason at all.

Got stellaris a few days ago figuring I could have it refunded if I disliked it a ton. Seems pretty good so far. Still a bit worried that it might be too detailed for me but considering I'm not used to it yet, we'll see

Forgot about that. But my Overwatch money :/....

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I won't presume to know the intricacies of RNH mental health but from what I can gather no significant trauma has actually taken place. I could be wrong, but essentially what I can gather is that he is lonely and wants to get laid. This issue doesn't warrant the amount of stress/anxiety that is being conveyed almost daily. I understand that it can be annoying to not be getting any action but it shouldn't weigh THIS heavy on someone.

ad nauseum

it gets tiresome

FakeGAF: "Some real problem that people deal with"

FloatOn: "Can't understand why anyone would do this. Why don't you just not have that problem?"

FakeGAF: "Because sometimes it's not that easy."

FloatOn: "Yeah but I don't have that problem, so it can't be that hard."

ad nauseum

Jobbs

Banned

ad nauseum

it gets tiresome

You left out "---lewd drawings----"

I take him at his word when he talks about having crippling anxiety. If that's true, then it can be a difficult hole to dig yourself out of and if the worst we have to deal with in fakegaf is his cycle of problem -> lewd drawings -> excuse, then I can think of worse things

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im gonna leave the thread for now before I go into saying shit that will get my ass banned. I'll be back in a few hours.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
279144.gif

I'm sure Batman gets that a lot. I know I do. Hate how fans have seemed to leech onto Batman as some kind of cool character.

FloatOn

Float, it's not as easy as just trying to logic yourself out of it one day and you're good. Even when you're aware of your issues, it takes time and a lot of effort to work your way out of stuff like depression. If you want to support someone through that time then you need to be patient.

I don't think you are giving human beings enough credit. We have higher thinking. We are not just creatures of instinct. People are able to reason and systematically address things either through the aide of a therapist or a self-help book or just coming to things independently.

The only way we get better is to choose to get better. Your friends can't do it for you.

If this anxiety/stress is some kind of chemical imbalance that is making RNH feel this way I'll certainly have more empathy. But if that is the case, putting off the doctor is even more offensive.

ad nauseum

it gets tiresome
he still made progress. he messaged someone and put his profile up despite all the anxiety. so I do think we can actually helped by offering solutions. visible results just take longer because fear can be quite paralyzing. but that's okay. everyone has their own speed and approach to things. almost everyone here is talking about personal issues and problems from time to time and I think that's great. but we have to take other people's emotions seriously in order keep that up.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Depression and anxiety have feedback loops and it becomes familiar., even comforting. That's why it's so hard to break out of that mindset and why putting things off is dangerous.

Granadier

Gotta put you on my ignore list, Float. Sorry bro, but your posts are filled with so many unhealthy assumptions about serious problems that people deal with. I don't want to go off.

FloatOn

he still made progress. he messaged someone and put his profile up despite all the anxiety. so I do think we can actually helped by offering solutions. visible results just take longer because fear can be quite paralyzing. but that's okay. everyone has their own speed and approach to things. almost everyone here is talking about personal issues and problems from time to time and I think that's great. but we have to take other people's emotions seriously in order keep that up.

yeah that's cool and I hope the progress continues. but him putting off the doctor. something that would absolutely help for some kind of excuse was infuriating.

my older brother is bipolar and made all sorts of excuses and put my family through hell before he got any medical help.

RNH refusal to seek help struck a pretty personal nerve and I'm sorry for coming off like an ass.

jb1234

ad nauseum

it gets tiresome

This honestly says a hell of a lot more about you then it does him and it creates a very unhealthy atmosphere in this thread where people won't feel comfortable communicating their issues in fear of judgement. I know I won't be in the future.

yeah that's cool and I hope the progress continues. but him putting off the doctor. something that would absolutely help for some kind of excuse was infuriating.

my older brother is bipolar and made all sorts of excuses and put my family through hell before he got any medical help.

RNH refusal to seek help struck a pretty personal nerve and I'm sorry for coming off like an ass.

I can see what you mean but it's still an outside view. you can't put yourself in his position, you don't know about his real situation and the possible complications that come with it.
I just think it would be sad if he now felt uncomfortable with posting updates about this stuff ya know?
him even considering medical help already shows that he's probably not on the same track as your brother. plus he's not hurting anybody else with his problems. it's more personal stuff.

I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the most exciting, plot-heavy, and agent season of Game of Thrones is the one that has no connection to the books.

Jobbs

Banned
This honesty says a hell of a lot more about you then it does him and it creates a very unhealthy atmosphere in this thread where people won't feel comfortable communicating their issues in fear of judgement. I know I won't be in the future.

For what it's worth my impression is that Seth is blunt/misses the mark at times but is ultimately well meaning.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Oh god I have a stalker. This 18 yo girl keeps sending me messages and Facebook video chat requests and stuff all day.

zeemumu

For what it's worth my impression is that Seth is blunt/misses the mark at times but is ultimately well meaning.

It's still not the kind of attitude that we want people to have towards mental health. The mind is tricky. The standard model has a lot more deviations than, say, a skeleton.

Oh god I have a stalker. This 18 yo girl keeps sending me messages and Facebook video chat requests and stuff all day.

Do you know her irl? If you don't or if you're not close maybe you can tell her to stop or block her.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
...why

Jobbs

Banned
It's still not the kind of attitude that we want people to have towards mental health. The mind is tricky. The standard model has a lot more deviations than, say, a skeleton. You can't treat them with the same standard of "x is wrong, so do y"

Yeah, call people on their bullshit, and then move on. No need to gang up or get overdramatic, especially if they apologize!

Yeah, she's really pretty

A facebook group for Ghost fans.

Sounds fun, then. I like Ghost. Pass her this way!

My fans/potential stalkers are mostly dudes. :( I know you said you love Metroid but most of the Metroid hardcore fanbase seems to be a sausage fest.

FloatOn

I can see what you mean but it's still an outside view. you can't put yourself in his position, you don't know about his real situation and the possible complications that come with it.
I just think it would be sad if he now felt uncomfortable with posting updates about this stuff ya know?
him even considering medical help already shows that he's probably not on the same track as your brother. plus he's not hurting anybody else with his problems. it's more personal stuff.

yeah, I mean I wouldn't want anyone to feel stiffled here. this place is great for it's stream of consciouness nature.

I think in the past I've been encouraging. in this particular instance a personal chord was struck and I probably should have held my tongue.

I really do want nothing but the best for RNH I just want him to choose it for himself.

Misha

Banned
I think it's funny that do might have two female lead films before marvel has one.

I'm actually really excited about all this going forward. Hopefully dumb people won't force them to abandon it

FloatOn

does anyone remember the band goldfinger?

You got some question about your life
You don't know how you'll ever make it through
It hurts so bad but it's all you got
You're asking me for help
but all I got to say now is that
You don't know what pain is
You haven't suffered one iota
so just stop your whining
you don't know what pain is

Stop complaining point your finger
I'll tell you who to blame

So pack your bags
we're going out
I want to show you
just what's in this world
Cause in the end its all you got
memories to tell about your life
and how you lived it

So live it good
I know it's all that you've given

You haven't suffered one iota
so just stop your whining
stop complaining
point your finger
I'll tell you who to blame

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

I DON'T KNOW.

Yeah, call people on their bullshit, and then move on. No need to gang up or get overdramatic, especially if they apologize!

Sounds fun, then. I like Ghost. Pass her this way!

My fans/potential stalkers are mostly dudes. :( I know you said you love Metroid but most of the Metroid hardcore fanbase seems to be a sausage fest.

Weird. I know lots of female metroid fans, lots of is of a certain age who Samus was our first empowering woman in gaming
Lots of cute girls on Ghost concerts, I can confirm that
We love Satan.

MutFox

Banned
I think it's funny that do might have two female lead films before marvel has one.

I'm actually really excited about all this going forward. Hopefully dumb people won't force them to abandon it

My favorite action movie has a female lead.
Just rewatched Aliens the other night with my GF.

Can't believe that came out in the 80's.

An original, female led movie.
Also has a badass space marine female and the main pilot is female too.

Love that the females just do their thing, no having to prove themselves.
Like seriously, how did this movie come out in the 80's?

Misha

Banned
Now give me riddler as one of the villains of the batman movie and I'm fully onboard.

Ive seen people suggest that films now try for more safe marketing friendly things than ever. Writer and director probably had more control

Jobbs

Banned
Jessica Chastain for Poison Ivy pls.

Negalatory

top ten picks that spring to mind:

1. Eva Green
  2. Eva Green
  3. Eva Green
  4. Eva Green
  5. Eva Green
  6. Eva Green
  7. Eva Green
  8. Eva Green
  9. Eva Green
  10. Eva Green

We love Satan.

Oooh me too!!! <3

And re. Metroid I routinely get letters of encouragement from random people saying how much Metroid means to them and how excited they are for my game -- more often than you might imagine -- And these are almost always dudes

Granadier

Negalatory

top ten picks that spring to mind:

1. Eva Green
  2. Eva Green
  3. Eva Green
  4. Eva Green
  5. Eva Green
  6. Eva Green
  7. Eva Green
  8. Eva Green
  9. Eva Green
  10. Eva Green

Eva Green is amazing, but I have to agree that Jessica Chastain would be a better fit for Poison Ivy.

Timu

Aliens is fantastic, rewatched that as well! I'm guessing it's just how the 80s was back then.

Now give me riddler as one of the villains of the batman movie and I'm fully onboard.
An actual good Riddler on film is more than welcomed in my book.

Jobbs

Banned
Eva Green is amazing, but I have to agree that Jessica Chastain would be a better fit for Poison Ivy.

Allow me to retort

fuck you fuck you fuck youfuck youfuck youfuck you
fuck you fuck youfuck you fuck youfuck youfuck youfuck you

fuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck you
fuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck you
fuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck you

Seriously though has Jessica Chastain ever even played that type? Has she been a sultry seductress vixen person before? Eva Green was designed in a lab to play that type

zeemumu

Allow me to retort

fuck you fuck you fuck youfuck youfuck youfuck you
fuck you fuck youfuck you fuck youfuck youfuck youfuck you

fuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck you
fuck youfuck youfuck youfuck youfuck you

Seriously though has Jessica Chastain ever even played that type? Has she been a sultry seductress vixen person before? Eva Green was designed in a lab to play that type

I mean
she was banging her brother
in Crimson Peak so, maybe? Eva Green is good at playing crazy with a hint of sexy.

MutFox

Banned
Ive seen people suggest that films now try for more safe marketing friendly things than ever. Writer and director probably had more control

It seems that movies now are trying to please everyone,
but by doing that, the movie usually suffers.

Only recent action movie that I felt was truly great has been Fury Road.

Aliens is fantastic, rewatched that as well! I'm guessing it's just how the 80s was back then.

I feel in some ways, we've regressed.
Everything seems to need to be focus group tested.

Or they'll remake something,
and not actually have the spirit of hat made the original great.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Bah, going to bed, need to be at work at 5:45 am, looks like somebody screw something major today and we will go investigating it.

But first, I will listen to my Ghost 'best of' mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom