• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SystemBug

I generally go by the age/2 +7 as my minimum and +7 as my maximum.
So like my range right now is 22 to 38
Oh wow so I would just make the cut off in the age department.

I wonder how strong the thirst for trab is.

Start my internship yesterday and it's going to be a long summer. Leave the house at around 7:30 am and don't get back home until 7:30 pm. Super long commute

I'd date someone older than me , probably as old as 40 (im 27) or as young as 18 of course
but then again, I hated when dating in college because everyone would play games x play hard to get and that was dumb :/

this older women I dated ages ago didn't play any games, she knew what she wanted :3 :D

SystemBug

I'd date someone older than me , probably as old as 40 (im 27) or as young as 18 of course
but then again, I hated when dating in college because everyone would play games x play hard to get and that was dumb :/

this older women I dated ages ago didn't play any games, she knew what she wanted :3 :D
Not even Mario kart?

zeemumu

Older women are a lot more straightforward...which reminds me, don't use your sexy underwear purchase to flirt with the cashier. It was my first month there. I wasn't ready for that.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
this guy who asked me out didn't message me again for like...details and stuff.
ah, German guys. whatever man, he's sort of pitchy.

7a744893c93945a3e5204333eaf4067b.jpg

I'd date someone older. Early 40s is my cutoff. As for younger, I won't go below 23 or so. No way I'd go for an 18 year old. Teenagers are the most annoying people on the planet.

Jobbs

Banned
The way I'm handling data and scripting is such a twisted clusterfuck as to be shocking. I don't know why any of this works. It's so dumb, at once absolutely stupid and incomprehensibly overcomplicated.

Uhhhh sure. She can sit wherever she wants

I can get on board with this. Let's bring it before committee

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The way I'm handling data and scripting is such a twisted clusterfuck as to be shocking. I don't know why any of this works. It's so dumb, at once absolutely stupid and incomprehensibly overcomplicated.

Was actually thinking about this the other day, and it made me curious about your programming. How does the structure in your game work?
Lilith I'm curious about your game too. Game programming, especially large scale, is not something I've had a lot of experience with.

jb1234

Sup dude?

To get back to this, I made the mistake of having sex when I was nowhere in the emotional space to enjoy it. I think I was hoping it would make me feel better. While it's probably an obvious thing, it's the first time I really realized that it can make you feel much, much worse. He was having his way with me and the whole time, all I could think about was how much I wanted to be home instead. I fled from the dude as soon as I could and left him feeling confused and probably hurt.

I probably pushed myself too hard to do all of this and really have no idea how I feel about it or even him. And he doesn't make it particularly easy because even though I've made it clear I'm not interested in a relationship, he wants to keep all options open. And he's gotten attached faster than I would prefer, already using pet names and shit. I ended up sending a "I need space, I'll be in touch" text the next day but felt I only did it because I'm not a dick.

Granadier

I don't think you did anything wrong jb. You made your intentions clear and conveyed them to him. That's enough for now.
You pushed yourself outside of your comfort zone which can be really good, so pat yourself on the back for that. Take some time to think it over and then just move on with life.

Remind me in an hour or so. I'm finishing up at work and can't write a whole lot at the moment.

Awesome. You can PM me too if it will clutter up the thread. I know there's a dedicated thread for this stuff, but we all chat here so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think you did anything wrong jb. You made your intentions clear and conveyed them to him. That's enough for now.
You pushed yourself outside of your comfort zone which can be really good, so pat yourself on the back for that. Take some time to think it over and then just move on with life.

Awesome. You can PM me too if it will clutter up the thread. I know there's a dedicated thread for this stuff, but we all chat here so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I agree. You don't really owe him anything, just do what you're comfortable with and be honest. Don't do things you don't want to to make other people happy. It's the worst feeling ever and it brings nothing good.

FUME5

To get back to this, I made the mistake of having sex when I was nowhere in the emotional space to enjoy it. I think I was hoping it would make me feel better. While it's probably an obvious thing, it's the first time I really realized that it can make you feel much, much worse. He was having his way with me and the whole time, all I could think about was how much I wanted to be home instead. I fled from the dude as soon as I could and left him feeling confused and probably hurt.

I probably pushed myself too hard to do all of this and really have no idea how I feel about it or even him. And he doesn't make it particularly easy because even though I've made it clear I'm not interested in a relationship, he wants to keep all options open. And he's gotten attached faster than I would prefer, already using pet names and shit. I ended up sending a "I need space, I'll be in touch" text the next day but felt I only did it because I'm not a dick.

A lot of stuff for you to parse in a short amount of time mate. Don't be too hard on yourself, and definitely don't do anything you don't want to just because you're not a dick - that way lies trouble.

Granadier

Oh, totally know what you mean. I was out for a long bike ride and came back to a sweaty apartment. Definitely looking exactly like this right now.

3c998b102b81eea445a96c597e2eb73d.jpg

all of that is a lie

Jobbs

Banned
Was actually thinking about this the other day, and it made me curious about your programming. How does the structure in your game work?
Lilith I'm curious about your game too. Game programming, especially large scale, is not something I've had a lot of experience with.

Umm.. It may be hard for me to explain since I'm not a programmer, at least not like you guys are. The game is relatively simple/old fashioned in certain ways. Basically all the game data is kept in a giant table (a "data array", I guess?) with a bunch of items that start at 0 and are replaced with 1 as you do things in the game that need to be remembered. I also store coordinates for npcs or whatever else might need to be kept, too, but the majority of the items are just yes or no.

The even bigger clusterfuck is the scripting for npcs and dialog, which is an absolute dumpster fire. The npcs are mostly scripted manually and the dialog is managed by a custom extension someone helped me put in (stock stencyl has very limited ability to do anything like this). I go through a series of rituals to make the dialog extension and the rest of the game talk to eachother.

My nn... Er let's let Alonzo do it

nfoE2co.gif

Yeah I look basically like this right now.

how in earthly fuck does one get tits like this?

Granadier

I mean I'm not bearded, I'm flabby yet somehow skinny, and a general piece of ass. Basically the same.

Totally, it's pretty much exactly the same.

Umm.. It may be hard for me to explain since I'm not a programmer, at least not like you guys are. The game is relatively simple/old fashioned in certain ways. Basically all the game data is kept in a giant table (a "data array", I guess?) with a bunch of items that start at 0 and are replaced with 1 as you do things in the game that need to be remembered. I also store coordinates for npcs or whatever else might need to be kept, too, but the majority of the items are just yes or no.

The even bigger clusterfuck is the scripting for npcs and dialog, which is an absolute dumpster fire. The npcs are mostly scripted manually and the dialog is managed by a custom extension someone helped me put in (stock stencyl has very limited ability to do anything like this). I go through a series of rituals to make the dialog extension and the rest of the game talk to each other.

What a wonderful dumpster fire though! There really is no "right or wrong" when it comes to that stuff, unless you want to start arguing theory but who wants that. If it's working than that's top. Thanks for sharing.

how in earthly fuck does one get tits like this?

Nutrition and a lot of chest exercises. There are three major muscles in your pec that can be worked to increase size.

jb1234

I agree. You don't really owe him anything, just do what you're comfortable with and be honest. Don't do things you don't want to to make other people happy. It's the worst feeling ever and it brings nothing good.

A lot of stuff for you to parse in a short amount of time mate. Don't be too hard on yourself, and definitely don't do anything you don't want to just because you're not a dick - that way lies trouble.

Thanks, guys. I'm also uncomfortable because he's way more into me than I am into him. I think the first time (and this makes me sound like an asshole), I was willing to fuck anyone reasonably nice to lose my virginity but this second time, I didn't feel remotely as attracted to him. He's more overweight than I'd prefer and somewhat older too. Just not really my type. But he can't stop talking about how hot I am, how cute my eyes are, how amazing my lips are and my ass and etc. etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, that's all pretty goddamn flattering but it makes me feel guilty I don't feel the same way about his attributes.

Jobbs

Banned
What a wonderful dumpster fire though! There really is no "right or wrong" when it comes to that stuff, unless you want to start arguing theory but who wants that. If it's working than that's top. Thanks for sharing.

The general disorganization/random stream of consciousness of everything is the main reason it's hilarious, though. It's so bizarre that even though I'm a simpleton, if anyone else tried to unravel the game in terms of how it's scripted and programmed they'd probably have more trouble than it's worth trying to figure out where everything is, since it can be so random.

Sat in traffic baking in the sun for an hour. Immediately dropped pants and downed a schofferhofer.

Now I'm pantsless with a lager. Gotta go back out to work in about 105 minutes.
Yeah I look basically like this right now.

No AC?

I just got back from riding my bike home so I similarly dropped trou. And I made a sandwich.

AcridMeat

Banned
Totally, it's pretty much exactly the same.
Yeah!

...why are you looking at me like that?
No AC?

I just got back from riding my bike home so I similarly dropped trou. And I made a sandwich.
I have AC I just kinda hate it overall. I'd much rather complain with windows open and fan on than breath that (Always thought it smelled weird).

Hey between the two of us we'd make a pretty content person.

FUME5

Thanks, guys. I'm also uncomfortable because he's way more into me than I am into him. I think the first time (and this makes me sound like an asshole), I was willing to fuck anyone reasonably nice to lose my virginity but this second time, I didn't feel remotely as attracted to him. He's more overweight than I'd prefer and somewhat older too. Just not really my type. But he can't stop talking about how hot I am, how cute my eyes are, how amazing my lips are and my ass and etc. etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, that's all pretty goddamn flattering but it makes me feel guilty I don't feel the same way about his attributes.

If you're not into him, that's not going to change. On top of that if his flattery makes you feel guilty then I'd say it's definitely time to end things.

Completely unrelated cross post from PTMYL: Crazy cat ladies, do I have the invention for you!

jb1234

If you're not into him, that's not going to change. On top of that if his flattery makes you feel guilty then I'd say it's definitely time to end things.

Second guy in a row that I ultimately haven't really been into. I haven't decided yet if that's an issue with the guys I've been talking to or worse, an issue with me.

You are in no way, shape, or form, obligated to feel the same. A relationship takes two to tango and if you don't want that, he can't force you.

Granadier

The general disorganization/random stream of consciousness of everything is the main reason it's hilarious, though. It's so bizarre that even though I'm a simpleton, if anyone else tried to unravel the game in terms of how it's scripted and programmed they'd probably have more trouble than it's worth trying to figure out where everything is, since it can be so random.

There was a good quote in this game programming patterns book I'm reading about this, but I can't find it exactly. A butchered rendition of it is that the design should reflect the necessities. A single programmer working in a codebase requires far less design or structure than an enterprise system with hundreds of developers in the same codebase. If it works it works.

I do like the idea of a giant array containing ones and zero switches. Like a vast control board of toggle switches that runs the whole thing.

I have AC I just kinda hate it overall. I'd much rather complain with windows open and fan on than breath that (Always thought it smelled weird).

Sure you don't just have mildew growing in your dashboard? That commonly causes bad smells from the evaporator runoff not...evaporating correctly.

non-sequitur: I think if we played a drinking game with GAF threads and "dodged a bullet" someone would die of alcohol poisoning.

In cars in general, or just yours? I love blasting the AC in my car. I basically never drive without the air on, even late at night.

Second guy in a row that I ultimately haven't really been into. I haven't decided yet if that's an issue with the guys I've been talking to or worse, an issue with me.

What do you think it will take for you to decide this?

Honestly even if it is a "you" thing, it's still probably something that could be helped by continuing to see guys and building confidence in yourself. You've got this! :)

Jobbs

Banned
I do like the idea of a giant array containing ones and zero switches. Like a vast control board of toggle switches that runs the whole thing.

Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Just a big switchboard.

And yeah, shockingly, the game works pretty well for the end user, so I guess that's all that matters for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom