• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I have a headache and I'm fairly sure it's because I haven't had coffee today.

I'm out of control.

Does this shit ever end or can I just expect to be a bitch for the rest of my life, honest question

Do you have anyone in your life to ease the burden her troubles are placing on you? If not it is only to be expected that you can only take so much. IIRC this friend doesn't actually listen to your advice, does she? Or was that someone else? That can be draining in and of itself.

I have a headache and I'm fairly sure it's because I haven't had coffee today.

Get some coffee. How do you even program without it?

Do you have anyone in your life to ease the burden her troubles are placing on you? If not it is only to be expected that you can only take so much. IIRC this friend doesn't actually listen to your advice, does she? Or was that someone else? That can be draining in and of itself.

It's not so much her troubles as it is I just...like...I don't know how else to explain it other than I'm just cold. And it's to everyone. My mom, my friends here, I'm angry and bitter literally all the time and everyone notices but yet no one's really made an effort to help and I'm too proud to ask and open up so

This is a different friend. We lived together for three years in college, the other friend and I haven't spoken in months, and probably won't in the foreseeable future.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Dragonz, you should talk to somebody about your burdens. You will feel better by dropping a bit of weight of your shoulders.

another successful day at online dating for me, I chatted with a girl and she just decided that we should stop chatting, before she gets too affected about it.

Seriously thinking about going for a first mountain hike on Saturday.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I can't, but I was up super late last night so I just got up a couple hours ago.

Speaking of today, IT IS SO FUCKING NICE OUT OH MY GOD.
It almost makes me want to go sit on the grass in a park to work, but sun glare and tiny screen.

marrec

Banned
It's not so much her troubles as it is I just...like...I don't know how else to explain it other than I'm just cold. And it's to everyone. My mom, my friends here, I'm angry and bitter literally all the time and everyone notices but yet no one's really made an effort to help and I'm too proud to ask and open up so

Had a friend who went to talk to a professional because he felt the same way, they put him on some pills for a few years and he turned out alright.

Otherwise, I dunno...

New Ghostbusters trailer was a bit better than the last one...but still not that good!!!

I don't care what people say it's deffo giving me a "Pixels" vibe.

Not looking good, even in this new and improved trailer.

Misha

Banned

This is a different friend. We lived together for three years in college, the other friend and I haven't spoken in months, and probably won't in the foreseeable future.
I was that way in November. I was angry at friends who wouldn't hang out with me and when they did I was angry at that.

It was a combination of a dead end work environment and (largely self inflicted)isolation. Definitely made worse by how I perceived all that.
I got out of it by getting a new job and starting going out at first once a month and now I'm nearly at twice a week. All I really needed is that bit of a push and suddenly things didn't seem as negative anymore.
Might not be too helpful but at least it can go away just over time

jb1234

If anything, I've at least concluded that I'm not a sex on the first encounter/date person. I'm glad I did it just to get that over with but fuck, does it complicate things.

AcridMeat

Banned
If anything, I've at least concluded that I'm not a sex on the first encounter/date person. I'm glad I did it just to get that over with but fuck, does it complicate things.
It doesn't if you're both on the same page. Anyone who catches feelings on a one night stand isn't mature enough for a relationship imo.

It doesn't if you're both on the same page. Anyone who catches feelings on a one night stand isn't mature enough for a relationship imo.

wouldn't say that. it can happen. it hasn't to me but I don't think it's immature. maybe you suddenly find out things you didnt know before, or the sex is really good---tons of reasons really.

New Ghostbusters trailer was a bit better than the last one...but still not that good!!!

I love how that thread is trying to justify why a good trailer still means the movie will suck.

The hate for the new Ghostbusters would be hilarious if it were not so psychotic.

AcridMeat

Banned
Yo this fucking customer right now oh my christ
wouldn't say that. it can happen. it hasn't to me but I don't think it's immature. maybe you suddenly find out things you didnt know before, or the sex is really good---tons of reasons really.
I didn't say it can't happen, and feeling disappointed if the other person isn't interested in seeing you again after something that felt amazing is perfectly natural.

But from what JB is describing, especially given the pet names already and stuff, is that the guy is equating sex to a relationship, which it isn't. That's why I said it's immature (but really just naive).

jb1234

But from what JB is describing, especially given the pet names already and stuff, is that the guy is equating sex to a relationship, which it isn't. That's why I said it's immature (but really just naive).

He's nine years older than I am (44) so I'm not sure how much leeway he has with the immature excuse. He definitely has more relationship experience than I do. I also made things a little harder by returning to him a day later ("Most guys don't do that," he said, maybe raising his expectations too high).

I've been alone for a very long time and for the most part, it doesn't bother me. I have great friends, that's all I really need. A romantic relationship would be a bonus but it's not something I'm desperate for.

AcridMeat

Banned
When you're older and single (40's/50's) you will become more optimistic for companionship, so I understand where he's coming from.

Also woops JB heartbreaker boy over here.

Jobbs

Banned
I can't wait until sexy AIs are a thing

Would this break humanity Futurama style? Would dating real humans become a niche boutique interest like collecting retro video games? Will I ever get out of this couch? Answers to those questions and more next time on... The gdkjshgjlkfdshjfslkhfs

SystemBug

Would this break humanity Futurama style? Would dating real humans become a niche boutique interest like collecting retro video games? Will I ever get out of this couch? Answers to those questions and more next time on... The gdkjshgjlkfdshjfslkhfs
I'm guessing real flesh and blood will always offer a more real experience. I don't want somebody to aid in whatever shitty lifestyle I have (sitting doing nothing) I wanna go do things with my bai

MutFox

Banned

"I will always remember you Fry... MEMORY DELETED!"
BrZu0noIMAAEYlI.png

FUME5

Why are you giving me your phone number girl, the whole point of this app is to make things easy for you if we don't click.

And oh look, because your number is now in my phone there's your Facebook.

I've run out of things to say.
it's only "oh I met crazy guy xy" or "look I bought this cat-shaped item"

Nice shades.

FloatOn

Oh hey fumes I meant to ask you the other day, how noob friendly is total warhammer? I'm a fucking moron when it comes to strategy games but I want to smash armies of orcs while I listen to the lotr soundtrack

AcridMeat

Banned
Why are you giving me your phone number girl, the whole point of this app is to make things easy for you if we don't click.

And oh look, because your number is now in my phone there's your Facebook.
Dude the amount of girls numbers that went nowhere leading to facebook suggested friends -_-

FUME5

Oh hey fumes I meant to ask you the other day, how noob friendly is total warhammer? I'm a fucking moron when it comes to strategy games but I want to smash armies of orcs while I listen to the lotr soundtrack

Uh, short answer is I don't know mate!

Played Medieval way back in the day, but only have dim memories of that.

Recently, played Rome 2, but a combination of buying a shitload of games all at once after finally purchasing a gaming rig and being completely unfamiliar with the interface and progression means I haven't put all that much time into the series since.

Due to the nature of the games I've played, however, my tactics and understanding of 'fantasy' warfare is a lot better than the realities of ancient Roman combat. Also, I'm pretty sure they mentioned that the races function as psuedo difficulty levels, with Dwarfs being the easiest.

I'll let you know next weekend how much I've overestimated my abilities!

Dude the amount of girls numbers that went nowhere leading to facebook suggested friends -_-

Yes, the gorgeous one with two literature masters degrees turns up regularly, even though I deleted her number as soon as she ghosted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom