• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I might finally play the Batman games now that they're being remastered

The amazing

- Nearing the end of the game's demo/vertical slice and it's such a feeling of elation to see it all start to tie in together

- Met the most amazing girl a couple of weeks ago

The terrible

- Broke as fuck as usual

-
Dad was confirmed of having cancer of the Bone Marrow
(Spoilered it because I didn't know if it'd bum people out too much)

FUME5

The amazing

- Nearing the end of the game's demo/vertical slice and it's such a feeling of elation to see it all start to tie in together

- Met the most amazing girl a couple of weeks ago

The terrible

- Broke as fuck as usual

-
Dad was confirmed of having cancer of the Bone Marrow
(Spoilered it because I didn't know if it'd bum people out too much)

Cool, also
fuck man, I'm really sorry to hear that. How old is he and is he going to attempt treatment?

Sorry to hear that Feng

HJpIEDs.jpg

MFW looking into Gaming Side every day

Cool, also
fuck man, I'm really sorry to hear that. How old is he and is he going to attempt treatment?

He just had his 70th about a month ago and DEFINITELY. They caught it really early on so there's a few treatments we can try.

There's one in particular where they'll isolate any clean stem cells and do an alt form of light chemo on the defined cancer cells while cultivating the clean stem cells. Then introduce the clean cells again and see if it starts to kick in his immune system again.

The good news is that the doctor said his constitution is that of an early 30 year old so he might have another decade rather than a year.

So I'm optimistic about it but there's an element that I'm terrified of losing him.

FUME5

He just had his 70th about a month ago and DEFINITELY. They caught it really early on so there's a few treatments we can try.

There's one in particular where they'll isolate any clean stem cells and do an alt form of light chemo on the defined cancer cells while cultivating the clean stem cells. Then introduce the clean cells again and see if it starts to kick in his immune system again.

The good news is that the doctor said his constitution is that of an early 30 year old so he might have another decade rather than a year.

So I'm optimistic about it but there's an element that I'm terrified of losing him.

Here's hoping for you and your family.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Asylum and City are okay, Origins is meh, and Knight is fun but a little too heavy on the batmobile stuff
Disagree. Asylum is the best game wise, before it went off the rails with City. Origins has the problems of City's too much shit, but it has the best story of the franchise.

Knight is fucking garbage, but I've covered that recently.

Rocksteady made an amazing metroid inspired Batman game and learned the wrong lessons. They should have refined the detective work, and pulled the reigns back on the story some, you don't NEED to have every villain I every game. It actually does most of the charactera a disservice. Just let Scott Snyder or G. Moz write you a great Batman story.

I also detest a lot of the character redesigns. Harley is the worst because is set the trend of how she would be portrayed going forward and I hate it. But she isn't the only one. I hate the increasingly chunky Batsuits, Tim and Dick look awful, and I could rant and rant about this.

Nudull

Banned
Disagree. Asylum is the best game wise, before it went off the rails with City. Origins has the problems of City's too much shit, but it has the best story of the franchise.

Rocksteady made an amazing metroid inspired Batman game and learned the wrong lessons. They should have refined the detective work, and pulled the reigns back on the story some, you don't NEED to have every villain I every game. It actually does most of the charactera a disservice. Just let Scott Snyder or G. Moz write you a great Batman story.

I also detest a lot of the character redesigns. Harley is the worst because is set the trend of how she would be portrayed going forward and I hate it. But she isn't the only one. I hate the increasingly chunky Batsuits, Tim and Dick look awful, and I could rant and rant about this.

Are you my clone? XD

Next Batman game should go back to the drawing board. Arkham games have been great but it's time to do something fresh and different.

Some general ideas:

• Takes place over multiple days rather than one continuous "longest night ever". That is played out.
  • Detective work shall be a pillar of gameplay, needs to be more detailed than it is currently.
  • Features some Bruce Wayne segments
  • Combat less focused on soloing 20 guys at once, although group fighting would still occur. Some more meaningful, smaller fights would be neat especially when it comes to bosses and such.

I'd be okay with Knight being the final game. It was clear from the plot writing alone that no one had a clue about what to do with the series anymore. It was a mess.

Next Batman game should go back to the drawing board. Arkham games have been great but it's time to do something fresh and different.

Some general ideas:

• Takes place over multiple days rather than one continuous "longest night ever". That is played out.
  • Detective work shall be a pillar of gameplay, needs to be more detailed than it is currently.
  • Combat less focused on soloing 20 guys at once, although group fighting would still occur. Some more meaningful, smaller fights would be neat especially when it comes to bosses and such.

Some general ideas:

Also, new environments.

zeemumu

City had some gameplay improvements but the map and story set it back a little, I appreciate Origins
using Jokers Killing Joke backstory but I don't think that the reveal should have been him. He's in every damn game, and really didn't even need to be in origins
Best use of Bane and that Deathstroke fight was cool, though. I liked Knight but those batmobile levels really bring it down. Not because of the gameplay but because they're repetitive. Shooting drones gets old.

It's funny that you love Origins story but dislike the idea of having all of the villains in a single game.

I'm not big on Tara Strong Harley. I like Tara Strong but the voice just doesn't work for me.

Misha

Banned
Also drop the Riddler. It was charming in AA, over the top in AC, mediocre in AO and "just make it stop please" in AK.

Is he still doing challenges? They should make him real part of the plot to change it up. Tho would have been better to give him a break for a game before that

I never finished Asylum because I remember using the bomb paste to blow up a wall and it killed my 360, like it broke the system and I had to get a new one, made me go wtf

I liked City because it was a cool place to explore, had every character and the story was decent

haven't played Knight but will get it if its like $8 from red box in the future

zeemumu

Is he still doing challenges? They should make him real part of the plot to change it up. Tho would have been better to give him a break for a game before that

They make him a bigger part of the plot in Knight. When he shows up he's kidnapped Catwoman and makes you solve some bullshit, then when you do all of the puzzles it activates a boss battle that he fuckin' BAILS OUT OF, and forces you to do the trophy collections before he'll actually fight you.

Why am I getting an ad for racist glasses?

Rebelspecs, wtf?!

Because of that thing you said that one time.

Some general ideas:

Longest night ever is both Arkham Knight and Origins
Bruce Wayne stuff is in City
Extra detective work is Origins and a little of Knight
Selective fighting is sort of done by the Robin sections in a few of the games

The arkham games got worse with each one. Knight was so bad I cuouldn't even get through it. Finished the others.

AA vs AC is like Alien vs Aliens for me, they're quite different beasts but I enjoy them both for what they are.

AO's story and the increased challenge of the combat / enemy variety was enough to keep me playing.

AK is probably the first one I'd say was a noticable step down in a holistic sense, the story is overwrought and a bit too up its own arse, the batmobile combat needed to be reduced in scope, and even Batman's capabilties have reached the point where it's getting a bit hard to mentally keep track of all the stuff you can do in the games. I still think it's a high quality game compared to most games that come out in any given month though.

I don't know how I feel about Batffleck 1 having almost every villain.

Is that a rumour?

An Arkham Assylum type plot might actually be good for a solo film.

AA worked because it was confined and didn't try to implement like 50 billion ideas at once. They kept it simple, focused on Batman vs. Joker, and the added villains made sense because of where the setting was and what was going on. They kept it simple and it worked.

AC was a step in the right direction. It had a better story, and the open world was cool, but it annoyed me with how I felt they tried to shove some villains in just for the sake of fanservice.

AK was a disappointment. The Knight's identity was obvious and the story was lacking. It felt more like DLC than a stand alone title. Batmobile was awful.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
AA worked because it was confined and didn't try to implement like 50 billion ideas at once. They kept it simple, focused on Batman vs. Joker, and the added villains made sense because of where the setting was and what was going on. They kept it simple and it worked.

AC was a step in the right direction. It had a better story, and the open world was cool, but it annoyed me with how I felt they tried to shove some villains in just for the sake of fanservice.

AK was a disappointment. The Knight's identity was obvious and the story was lacking. It felt more like DLC than a stand alone title. Batmobile was awful.
What about Origins?

Only ever played Asylum, though.

zeemumu

Do a shazam game instead!

I'd like a Flash game. I have no idea how you'd pull that off, though. Most DC heroes are overpowered so their games are tricky. I'd say I'd want a Wonder Woman game but it would most likely end up being God of War/Heavenly Sword with a Wonder Woman skin.

Misha

Banned
I'd like a Flash game. I have no idea how you'd pull that off, though. Most DC heroes are overpowered so their games are tricky. I'd say I'd want a Wonder Woman game but it would most likely end up being God of War/Heavenly Sword with a Wonder Woman skin.

Youd have to do it like Sonic cause you couldn't have a remotely open map big enough for flash

Not quite sure how else you could do a wonder woman game than a 3d character action game. Would probably turn out more like ryse in that its sorta between god of war and the arkham games

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think they should do a Spider-Man game. Bats and Spidey always have had the best video game adaptations since way back in the NES era.

zeemumu

I think they should do a Spider-Man game. Bats and Spidey always have had the best video game adaptations since way back in the NES era.

Amazing Spider-Man 1 game is pretty much the Spidey equivalent of Arkham. Or the noir levels of Shattered Dimensions.

Youd have to do it like Sonic cause you couldn't have a remotely open map big enough for flash

Not quite sure how else you could do a wonder woman game than a 3d character action game. Would probably turn out more like ryse in that its sorta between god of war and the arkham games

I was thinking something along the lines of Saints Row IV for movement and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for combat.

Misha

Banned
Amazing Spider-Man 1 game is pretty much the Spidey equivalent of Arkham.

I was thinking something along the lines of Saints Row IV for movement and Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for combat.

Saints row 4 only really worked for me because it wasn't a serious game. I very much wouldn't enjoy the gameplay for a game that's meant to be good

zeemumu

Saints row 4 only really worked for me because it wasn't a serious game. I very much wouldn't enjoy the gameplay for a game that's meant to be good

As far as a character with super speed goes, it'd have to be something along those lines, at least for the running. Maybe mix that in with a bit of Prototype.

If you do Sonic it's gonna end up like the Dash levels of the Incredibles game.

Misha

Banned
As far as a character with super speed goes, it'd have to be something along those lines, at least for the running. Maybe mix that in with a bit of Prototype.

Actually scratch all that. More like SUPERHOT. Half of what makes flash great is that he can think at the speeds he moves.

zeemumu

Actually scratch all that. More like SUPERHOT. Half of what makes flash great is that he can think at the speeds he moves.

You know what? You're completely right. That's a perfect comparison

That would work even better for QS because he sees life in slow motion

SolVanderlyn

Dammit. Gym time. REALLY not in the mood today.

Oh... top of the page. Have some positivity.

1IWjG.gif

Misha

Banned
You know what? You're completely right. That's a perfect comparison

That would work even better for QS because he sees life in slow motion

I was gonna say it would suck to have an entire game in slow motion but that could be interesting. Could make humorous cutscenes that they expect you to skip (and in universe just having you run to the next thing) would be like the sloths in zootopia

Pau

So many posts since I last looked in here. Which was like... two hours ago. D:
You're back! We were wondering where you went off to the other day.
I was being held captive by school work. And like I told Granadier, I'm shy and sometimes feel like I'm butting in. :(

Hope school is going well!
Thank you! It seems to be! Second to last semester. And then I can finally graduate.

We've been running into each other a lot, lately. :p
Hullo! :)

PAU!!!! :0

Hello I'm Nomad Sparks

I come from Missouri to bring you tiding of joy

How are you?
I'm doing pretty alright! I don't think I've ever talked to someone from Missouri? :O Also, I totally read your name as Nicholas Sparks first and slightly judged I'm so sorry. :p

Hi Pau!! :D

Everything's great. Seeing a girl, making a game, living the dream!
Very nice! How long have you been seeing her? How long until you finish the game? :p

Batman vs Superman vs Captain America 3

go
I had a lot of fun watching Captain America 3. I didn't hate Batman v. Superman as much as a lot of people, but I also have very low expectations at this point for Batman movies. Tbh my opinion on the DCCU completely rides on how they handle the Robins. Both ultimately had things I enjoyed and things I didn't care so much for.

Best part of Captain America 3 was Vision/Scarlett Witch. <3

Hey! No school is always a great feeling. Everyday is better than the last :)

What's a good wonder woman comic?
Ain't that the truth. Also Misha! I will be living in Pittsburg for two months this summer since I got into a Carnegie Mellon's summer stat program! Might hit you up with questions later on!

And hmm. Depends on what you're looking for. If you want to go old school, George Perez's run is good. If you want a one shot that kind of fits anywhere, I recommend Wonder Woman: Hiketeia by Greg Rucka. If you like that, you can pick up Greg Rucka's run from the beginning.

Oh shit! Congrats on your near...end of semester? Close enough.

Things've been both amazing and kinda bad in the last couple of weeks, how've you been?
Well that sounds better than kinda amazing and bad, right? :p I hope the bad is over though!

I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom