• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 6: Fear the Walking Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
short version of the story is this. I used to travel to dallas on business pretty frequently. hooked up with this girl each time I was there.

when I was seperated from my wife I met her in austin for vacation. we've stayed good friends since then.

she hasn't been to orlando so I'm looking forward to showing her around but the sex will be a nice bonus tbh

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nice.

now the top three coolest spaceships:

1) millennium falcon
2) slave 1
3) who cares

and it doesn't matter how many bad video games (or prequel movies) have co-opted these. It's still true. They can't be ruined.

FloatOn

1) Millineum Falcon
2) Flight of the Navigator ship
2009-05-26-flight_of_the_navigator.jpg

3) Borg Cube

MutFox

Banned
TIE Advanced was a cool ship,
So was the A-Wing.
Arwing's are cool too.

I mean actually flying them in games.
A-Wing's and TIE Advanced kicked ass in the X-Wing series.

With the TIE Advanced, I felt I could take the whole rebel alliance.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
It's a fairly decent game.
If by fairly decent you mean best fps in the last decade then yes. I'm on my second playthroughs on ultraviolence this time and it is so much fun. I can't wait for someone to recreate the classic games in snap map. They need to make an expansion.

Anyways, top 3 coolest space ships

1. Arghama(Zeta Gundam)

2. Salami class(Gundam One Year War)

3. Uss normandy(mass effect)

MutFox

Banned
I actually like a lot of the prequel ship designs.

I liked them way more than the new movie, which just reused some of Episode 4's ships.
So sad, that it pretty much ripped off Episode 4's story and Ships.
Plus they didn't use the Y-Wing's from Episode 4.

Going from Episode to 6 to 7 is weird vehicle wise,
It's like their universe went back in time for vehicles.

The A-Wings were taking over from the X-Wings,
and the B-Wings were taking over for the Y-Wings.

Would be if now, we suddenly started using 70 cars again.
So stupid, it was so designed for casuals.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If by fairly decent you mean best fps in the last decade then yes. I'm on my second playthroughs on ultraviolence this time and it is so much fun. I can't wait for someone to recreate the classic games in snap map. They need to make an expansion.

1. Arghama(Zeta Gundam)

Yeah, I was being dramatic. DOOM and Witcher 3 have become my top games.

MutFox

Banned
I like asymmetrical ships like b wings

B-Wings are awesome.
You could take out a Star Destroyer with one.

So much payload and had some speed and maneuverability.

Not sure why they weren't used in the new movie,
especially on the final attack.

FloatOn

I've had the rebooted shadow warrior sitting in my steam library unplayed for years now

all this doom talk may motivate me to play that some time soon

Jobbs

Banned
B-Wings are awesome.
You could take out a Star Destroyer with one.

So much payload and had some speed and maneuverability.

Not sure why they weren't used in the new movie,
especially on the final attack.

Aside from some admittedly cool shots, the movie's handling of space fighters/space combat was one of its weaker aspects... And with respect to what you said, the movie's inclusion of only X-Wings and basic Tie Fighters I think is emblematic of the movie as a whole -- Only safe, only clear iconography, only what *everyone* knows and is comfortable with.

The coolest thing about space fights in Star Wars is the drama and characters. In ESB we had the Millennium Falcon desperately escaping the empire, running from tie fighters and star destroyers. In ROTJ we had substantial preamble and explanation that gave weight to the protracted battle.

In prequels/ep7 we just had.. Fighters barfed onto the screen and they explode stuff because now it's time for that.

1. Arghama(Zeta Gundam)

be nerdier please

don't shoot me

MutFox

Banned
Aside from some admittedly cool shots, the movie's handling of space fighters/space combat was one of its weaker aspects... And with respect to what you said, the movie's inclusion of only X-Wings and basic Tie Fighters I think is emblematic of the movie as a whole -- Only safe, only clear iconography, only what *everyone* knows and is comfortable with.

The coolest thing about space fights in Star Wars is the drama and characters. In ESB we had the Millennium Falcon desperately escaping the empire, running from tie fighters and star destroyers. In ROTJ we had substantial preamble and explanation that gave weight to the protracted battle.

In prequels/ep7 we just had.. Fighters barfed onto the screen and they explode stuff because now it's time for that.

Exactly, they played is safe for the movie.
Though when you make that much money, the hardcore fans don't matter as much.
Guess I now understand why Star Trek fans hate JJ.
I liked the Star Trek films by him, but I was never a big fan of Star Trek.

I really have high hopes for Ep. 8 though, as the director is really good.
And Ep. 9 will be trash due to the director.

FloatOn

I, for one, truly appreciate what Uncharted has done for video games. My life is already quite complicated enough so when a video game is simplified to the point of watching extremely well crafted cinematic cutscenes for a great length of time I'm thankful that I am not taxed with the laborious activity of actually 'playing' a video game. Moreover, during those times I do have to 'play' the game I'm thankful that the experience is as linear as possible. I have enough decisions to make in my life and the last thing I want to do is have make any kind of decision during my leisure time. And let's not forget the most useful function of all! Aim Assist. Having to aim for myself also requires too much effort so this is a huge benefit to alleviate the tedium of learning how to get good at a video game.

MutFox

Banned
Is Uncharted 4 better than 1 or 2?
Cause those games were nice eye candy for the time,
but the actual gameplay is "good enough" and final boss in both those games are just, ugh.

Don't care about story as a good game doesn't need it.
For me story is the icing on top of awesome gameplay.

For me it's gameplay > story.
If I want a good story, a movie is usually better.

Jobbs

Banned
At least you didn't heard it at 6:30 am. That is my usual hour for hearing something that I do not want

My younger sister lives with this guy who's a raging asshole military psycho who is apparently getting abusive. My mom just told me about how the guy came after her last night and her dog tried to protect her and he kicked it really hard and hurt it.

I don't need this stuff in my life. I'd rather have just not been told since there's absolutely nothing I can do to help anything. I've already told her to lose the guy, that's the extent of my ability to do anything. She doesn't listen to me.

zeemumu

Is Uncharted 4 better than 1 or 2?
Cause those games were nice eye candy for the time,
but the actual gameplay is "good enough" and final boss in both those games are just, ugh.

Don't care about story as a good game doesn't need it.
For me story is the icing on top of awesome gameplay.

For me it's gameplay > story.

4>2>1>3

DrM

Redmond's Baby
My younger sister lives with this guy who's a raging asshole military psycho who is apparently getting abusive. My mom just told me about how the guy came after her last night and her dog tried to protect her and he kicked it really hard and hurt it.

I don't need this stuff in my life. I'd rather have just not been told since there's absolutely nothing I can do to help anything. I've already told her to lose the guy, that's the extent of my ability to do anything. She doesn't listen to me.

That really sucks

Granadier

He needs to get out of her life.
Kicking a dog is an offense in most place.
I'm sorry.

Imagine if people had kept this attitude about talkies and movies, so for a good story you had to go watch a play or read a book.

I'll happily agree that most games do not have as good of stories as the average popular movie, but I don't feel like there's a good reason why they can't. I also think a lot of games have great stories.

Independent of that, I think Uncharted 4 does everything better than the previous games in the series, both story and gameplay. Obviously not everyone agrees though.

FloatOn

I'm so disgusted at this. Both for your sister and the dog.

I understand wanting to stay out of it but for the dog's sake at least can you report him to some kind of animal cruelty prevention agency?

Very rarely is gameplay fun enough to make a game worth playing on its own.

have you not played pac-man?

MutFox

Banned

I hate abusive people.
Also really hard when people you love stay with them. :(

Jobbs

Banned
It makes me sick to my stomach, and with respect to any suggestions I can't imagine any action I could possibly take -- Including making reports -- Wouldn't ultimately come back and inflame the situation, since so far she won't fucking leave.

Other than going "The Town" on him, I don't know what to do.

I generally don't enjoy multiplayer

Me neither. Only local.

Even so, I'm glad you told us. It helps to have people you can vent to about things!

Granadier

It makes me sick to my stomach, and with respect to any suggestions I can't imagine any action I could possibly take -- Including making reports -- Wouldn't ultimately come back and inflame the situation, since so far she won't fucking leave.

Even so, I'm glad you told us. It helps to have people you can vent to about things!

What Lil said. Glad you were able to share the frustration.
Hoping for the best for her.

MutFox

Banned
Imagine if people had kept this attitude about talkies and movies, so for a good story you had to go watch a play or read a book.

I'll happily agree that most games do not have as good of stories as the average popular movie, but I don't feel like there's a good reason why they can't. I also think a lot of games have great stories.

Independent of that, I think Uncharted 4 does everything better than the previous games in the series, both story and gameplay. Obviously not everyone agrees though.

I hope one day games rival films in story, but if you have bad gameplay with a great story,
it probably should have been in another medium.
Though I guess for it to grow, they have to learn from their mistakes.

If you can get a story that is amazing and gameplay that is amazing.
Well I'm still waiting for that.

I hope we get that in the next 10 years.

MutFox

Banned

You're in a tough situation.
All you can do is keep making the point to your sis, without driving her away.

Jobbs

Banned
Thanks bros.

She's my kid sister. She's 8 years younger. When she was in HS I remember coming home and giving stern looks to the boys she'd have around. I don't know why I'm allowing this.

Very frustrating. I wish I could round my brothers up and go light the guy up.

Meanwhile I think I feel physically ill from it.

zeemumu

I'm sorry about your sister, Jobbs. That's rough.

And float, you act as though Uncharted has the same gameplay to cinematic ratio as the order 1886. I think you may have forgotten what actual unforgivably cinematic games are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom